Notifications
Clear all

Dry Skin!

MemberMember
(@n82153)

Posted : 08/18/2015 12:16 pm

Ive been using the regimen for a couple months now. Acne is virtually gone now (besides some slight scarring) but now i have dry skin. It was horrible the first 2-3 weeks of use. Got a lot better but hasn't improved since. Skin is flaking around my neck, ears, forehead etc. and it looks rather ridiculous. Sometimes ill take a tweezers and pull some of the dead skin just about to flake off. I dont want to "brush" it off because id rather not cause irritation. What can i do? I follow the regimen very strictly and add as much moisturizer as i can.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 08/18/2015 2:05 pm

Not everyone deals with flakes...it wasn't a huge problem for me except in the early weeks until my skin adjusted to the BP treatment.. but it would seem that for those who deal with chronic flaking, it tends to be an ongoing problem that requires ongoing treatment to minimize. So here are some things to try. Gently massaging a palmful of jojoba oil on your face in the shower and then wiping gently with a wet washcloth can help remove larger flakes. Mixing 5-6 drops of jojoba oil with your moisturizer before applying will give your skin extra hydration to help prevent flakes from forming. AHA+ can also help slough off the dead skin layers but may increase flaking initially. It essentially gives you a mild chemical peel which can also help speed up PIH fading.

Dry skin from the treatment is a very common complaint. But glad that otherwise the Regimen is producing great results for you! :)

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 08/19/2015 1:40 am

A possible option for you would be to use the Regimen only at night instead of twice daily (that's how I currently use the Regimen) it cut down on the dryness tremendously and it allows me to use a heavier moisturizer right before bed.

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 08/19/2015 7:59 pm

A possible option for you would be to use the Regimen only at night instead of twice daily (that's how I currently use the Regimen) it cut down on the dryness tremendously and it allows me to use a heavier moisturizer right before bed.

Hi, what is your technique for applying jojoba oil alone as moisturizer?

I moisturize daily on the Regimen (I just don't use the BP and AHA during the day) but what I do during the day is mix jojoba oil with a very light moisturizer. The one I've found that works best for me is Neutrogena Oil-Free moisturizer for combination skin.

And then at night I do the full Regimen of Dan's BP, AHA, and a thick Cetaphil moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@n82153)

Posted : 09/01/2015 10:06 pm

Interesting regimen you have! I keep it simple I guess with the classic twice a day cleanser, BP, and Moisturizer. Ive noticed I do have a lot less flaking if I mix the BP with the moisturizer and then apply, instead of the two step process. Have not noticed much difference in acne doing it this way also!

MemberMember
(@essex11)

Posted : 09/06/2015 4:07 pm

Hi, what is your technique for applying jojoba oil alone as moisturizer?

I moisturize daily on the Regimen (I just don't use the BP and AHA during the day) but what I do during the day is mix jojoba oil with a very light moisturizer. The one I've found that works best for me is Neutrogena Oil-Free moisturizer for combination skin.

And then at night I do the full Regimen of Dan's BP, AHA, and a thick Cetaphil moisturizer.

Do you still cleanse and moisturise in the morning?

MemberMember
(@adabrown)

Posted : 09/07/2015 4:51 am

If the flake keep to appear you just need to change another products from acne.org, one can bring your skin with more moisture. The chemical in the products may just not match your skin.