Notifications
Clear all

I Am Having A Breakdown Because Of Acne ! I Am Lost And I Need Help (Pictures Attached)

MemberMember
(@marii22)

Posted : 08/18/2015 6:28 am

My skin is the worst it's ever been in my entire life, i'm going to college in a month and with my face looking like that i don't want to leave the bed! I can't stop crying everytime i look in the mirror, i'm helpless and my family doesn't understand that acne destroys my confidence and self esteem and there's nothing i can do about it my skin was 100% clear a month ago that what is killing me the most!! I'd do anything to go back to my normal clear skin and the funny thing is that back when i had this clear skin i still wasn't satisfied i hated those small whiteheads trying all that shit to clear them up now my face is ruined.. Anything would help me right now please suggest any cure

post-417644-0-91887400-1439897289.jpg

post-417644-0-14804600-1439897305.jpg

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 08/18/2015 10:24 am

How did you try and clear up the whiteheads you had previously? Were you overwashing your face? Popping them?

I think that overstressing about your acne actually makes it worse, and popping it etc. makes it even worse. My advice is to stop worrying about it so much and visit a derm. As for college, well, you're a girl. Theres nothing makeup can't hide. You're not dealing with huge cysts, just tiny pimples and some marks.

leelowe1 liked
MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 08/23/2015 10:31 pm

Apply acv to your skin everyday.

MemberMember
(@nomsies)

Posted : 09/11/2015 3:18 am

I don't know if this will make you feel better but I'm jealous of your skin. It's so much we nicer than mine. I think we see ourselves worse than what we think, but from an outsiders opinion (a really picky one at that) I think your skin is actually nice apart from the couple whiteheads. It looks mosty like scarring to me so if it bothers you so much maybe go for a chemical peel, laser or an antibiotic till it heals?

MemberMember
(@thedayacneceased)

Posted : 09/25/2015 12:47 am

Agreeing with what most have said, know that as people with outside opinions, we all find you pretty attractive, and this is with us focusing on your acne primarily. Now, since you start college in a month, there is some remedies you can try from home or from over the counter. I can make some recommendations that many people have sworn by, I myself have had little luck but I may just be a special stubborn case.

Apple Cider Vinegar topical treatment. It changes the pH level of the skin, and basically causes your pimples to dry out and go away. Google this, many people swear by it.

Aspirin mask. Most houses have it (unlike mine), that little pill that gets rid of headaches, can be used once crushed up and mixed with water, as an exfoliate to get rid of all the dead skin on top of the face while treating your pimples to dry them out (note: most solutions involve drying out your pimples), which leads me to my next point.

Buy a good facial moisturizer. The last thing you want is to have an overly dry face, either naturally or from using too many products or a product too strong, which will cause your skin to overproduce oils, thus giving you more acne. The majority of people would suggest Cetaphil Moisturizer, as it's the most gentle one out there.

I myself have tried every store-bought over the counter solution, and while as they don't work for me, they usually clear up the minor cases of acne for people such as yourself. However, be warned, they can be a little strong for first time users. In my experience, I've found that out of all the Benzoyl Peroxides out there, the one that has irritated my skin the least is Clearasil. And believe me, I have used about six. Most of the research you do about clearing up acne will lead you to this drug. Once again, it dries out your pimples, but it's meant to be the super-medicine of doing so.

If this doesn't work, try and find a salicylic acid topical treatment, there are so many at places like Walmart etc. Honestly, since you've had clear skin for most of your life and are in the extremely early stages of acne, this will likely clear up relatively fast. So breathe! I too wish I had your skin.