Notifications
Clear all

Was Sick For About A Month, Ate Like Crap (Pizza, Carbs, Etc), But Acne Completely Vanished

MemberMember
(@brain85)

Posted : 08/15/2015 7:30 pm

And it just clicked today...the only thing I stopped consuming were sugar free energy drinks (caffeine) and pre workouts (caffeine).

I'm wondering if caffeine was my issue all along. Anyone else notice something similar?

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 08/16/2015 12:18 am

I quit drinking pop and caffeinated drinks years and years ago, yet my acne persisted.. actually my skin was pretty nice back then ahahah. I have noticed this sick skin phenomenon though! It could all just be coincidence, but regardless, congrats on the clearing up!. ;p

MemberMember
(@thenatural)

Posted : 08/17/2015 11:41 am

What was in your Pre-workout?

Maybe I'll stop taking a pre-workout and see what happens. I noticed the Beta Alanine, which gives a "tingly" effect on the skin, caused my acne to worsen since my face was "tingly" and irritated by it. The pre-workout I take now doesn't have that, but maybe it's that ingredient or some other one. Hard to find that out since there's probably a lot of ingredients in your pre-workout.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 08/17/2015 1:26 pm

When you were sick were you washing your face like you usually do?

MemberMember
(@rachkellz)

Posted : 08/25/2015 11:43 am

When you WEREN'T sick, how much caffeine were you taking? Like the person above me, were you washing your face differently? Taking any presciptions? vitamins? wearing certain makeup? sleeping more?? drinking less water? Think of all the things you have been doing differently

MemberMember
(@hanleybeingmannybeingmanny)

Posted : 08/26/2015 10:15 am

maybe try re-incorporating the things you cut out of diet, one by one, and observe whether your acne comes back. Doing so might help you figure out what exactly it was that was causing you to breakout!

either way, I'm glad your skin is looking good!