Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Hurting My Erections?

MemberMember
(@calmfruit)

Posted : 08/14/2015 2:17 pm

Sorry guys this topic is pretty sensivtive, ive only been on accutane for a day and my time alone feels slightly odd, not that I cant finish it just takes super long and erections are not as strong. Anyone ever take accutane and get ED? anyone ever take it and have no sexual frustration at all? Please respond, although i would trade my balls for clear skin because i wont be able to get girls anyway i just read a lot of forums confirming the same way i feel.

MemberMember
(@calmfruit)

Posted : 08/14/2015 2:59 pm

{MOVED TO PRESCRIPTION ACNE MEDICATIONS}

Hi, the announcements & feedback forum is for topics such as technical issues. In the future please be sure to post your topics in the appropriate forum. It isn't that big of an issue, but you've posted a number of acne-related topics in this forum.

Thank you :)

sorry i had no idea how to put it any other forum but thank you for moving it lol

Sorry guys this topic is pretty sensivtive, ive only been on accutane for a day and my time alone feels slightly odd, not that I cant finish it just takes super long and erections are not as strong. Anyone ever take accutane and get ED? anyone ever take it and have no sexual frustration at all? Please respond, although i would trade my balls for clear skin because i wont be able to get girls anyway i just read a lot of forums confirming the same way i feel.

It's a catch 22 situation though. Women are not interested in men with bad skin but if you have ED then women won't be interested in you, either. I would take my erectile health over clear skin, though I think it's important to have both.

Ive been dealing with it for years, body chest neck and face... at this point the pain is too much my skin is fairly good but even one cystic pimple on a part of my body is hard to workout or sleep. I would cut a finger and toe off for clear skin hahaa

MemberMember
(@glb2130)

Posted : 08/14/2015 4:04 pm

im not a guy so it might not be my place to bud in here- but i would exhaust every other thing before resorting to the taneeeee

MemberMember
(@calmfruit)

Posted : 08/14/2015 4:44 pm

Hi, the announcements & feedback forum is for topics such as technical issues. In the future please be sure to post your topics in the appropriate forum. It isn't that big of an issue, but you've posted a number of acne-related topics in this forum.

sorry i had no idea how to put it any other forum but thank you for moving it lol

>>

It's a catch 22 situation though. Women are not interested in men with bad skin but if you have ED then women won't be interested in you, either. I would take my erectile health over clear skin, though I think it's important to have both.

Ive been dealing with it for years, body chest neck and face... at this point the pain is too much my skin is fairly good but even one cystic pimple on a part of my body is hard to workout or sleep. I would cut a finger and toe off for clear skin hahaa

I know how you feel. I've had shitty skin for years now too and even if I do clear up my acne I need plastic surgery at this point due to scars and severe damage. Girls treat you like you're a contagious disease if you have severe acne. You have probably been asked this before but have you tried other treatments before Accutane? Some of the guys on this forum claimed that it caused permenant ED. I don't know how accurate it is because I never took it but they claim it happened to them.

Bascially 3 years ago i had acne at my worse and they suggested accutane, i blew it off and have been on antibiotics since i took the harshest one bactrim until may this year and just started breaking out recently so decided to jump the gun for my senior year and start accutane. My skin is very mild right now so hopefully i dont have a bad breakout and if you have body acne the only thing that ever stopped mine was head and shoulder shampoo as a body wash cleared it up in a few days!! wish i woulda done it 3 years ago and would have no bacne scars

im not a guy so it might not be my place to bud in here- but i would exhaust every other thing before resorting to the taneeeee

Whys that? my boss at work was on tane, my two twin uncles, and about 10% of everyone else i know lol i have been on everything and my skin is pretty nice right now just want to jump the gun my senior year and be clear forever

MemberMember
(@rittdk01)

Posted : 08/14/2015 5:43 pm

Took accutane 5-6 months nearly 10 yrs ago. No erection problems. If u get stressed or nervous that can lower your sex drive and erections. U dont have any side effects after 1 day though lmao

MemberMember
(@glb2130)

Posted : 08/14/2015 5:49 pm

>>

It's a catch 22 situation though. Women are not interested in men with bad skin but if you have ED then women won't be interested in you, either. I would take my erectile health over clear skin, though I think it's important to have

both.

I know how you feel. I've had shitty skin for years now too and even if I do clear up my acne I need plastic surgery at this point due to scars and severe damage. Girls treat you like you're a contagious disease if you have severe acne. You have probably been asked this before but have you tried other treatments before Accutane? Some of the guys on this forum claimed that it caused permenant ED. I don't know how accurate it is because I never took it but they claim it happened to them.

Bascially 3 years ago i had acne at my worse and they suggested accutane, i blew it off and have been on antibiotics since i took the harshest one bactrim until may this year and just started breaking out recently so decided to jump the gun for my senior year and start accutane. My skin is very mild right now so hopefully i dont have a bad breakout and if you have body acne the only thing that ever stopped mine was head and shoulder shampoo as a body wash cleared it up in a few days!! wish i woulda done it 3 years ago and would have no bacne scars

Whys that? my boss at work was on tane, my two twin uncles, and about 10% of everyone else i know lol i have been on everything and my skin is pretty nice right now just want to jump the gun my senior year and be clear forever

you've only been on tane for 1 day and you feel like you have ED? also you said you're skin is nice now- after being on accutane for 1 day? the only reason why i say this is because accutane should always be considered a last resort. even though i too know a lot of people in real life who went on accutane and were fine, the peopple on the internet scare me. i dunno, but i read through the "repairing the long term damage from accutane" thread on acne.org thats like 350 pages long and that convinced me not to go on accutane.

MemberMember
(@calmfruit)

Posted : 08/14/2015 8:31 pm

>>

It's a catch 22 situation though. Women are not interested in men with bad skin but if you have ED then women won't be interested in you, either. I would take my erectile health over clear skin, though I think it's important to hav

eboth.

you've only been on tane for 1 day and you feel like you have ED? also you said you're skin is nice now- after being on accutane for 1 day? the only reason why i say this is because accutane should always be considered a last resort. even though i too know a lot of people in real life who went on accutane and were fine, the peopple on the internet scare me. i dunno, but i read through the "repairing the long term damage from accutane" thread on acne.org thats like 350 pages long and that convinced me not to go on accutane.

My skin has been nice since may when i finished bactrim, i just started breaking out again, about 3 pimples on back one on neck 2 on chest and about 2 on face and a bunch of scarring so i want to be clear before it flares up again. I have had acne for 5 years and the pain now is unbearable and have been on retinoids and benzaclin epiduo all that shit, i would cut my fingers off for clear skin at this point

Took accutane 5-6 months nearly 10 yrs ago. No erection problems. If u get stressed or nervous that can lower your sex drive and erections. U dont have any side effects after 1 day though lmao

Untrue i can feel my night vision changed a lil bit too, maybe im just paranoid but so far my skin is really soft i been using all the moisturizers and stuff even though its not dry yet

MemberMember
(@tonyy)

Posted : 08/14/2015 9:51 pm

Can you describe the night vision problems? How can you tell it's changed?

MemberMember
(@calmfruit)

Posted : 08/15/2015 1:33 am

Can you describe the night vision problems? How can you tell it's changed?

I drive at night and my car brights are no bettter than the regular and driving home today was way harder not undoable but kind of hard to make out everything where before it was easy

MemberMember
(@badabingbadaboom)

Posted : 08/15/2015 9:17 am

I'm 1 month in, and I can relate, in fact I made a topic about it as well. I wouldn't say i have ED, but more like just loss of libido. It's been reported here before, so it's probably not like it simply cant be due to accutane, in fact it most likely is. From what I've read, for most libido got back to usual after finishing Accutane, but just like you, I'm worried as well.

CalmFruit liked
MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 08/15/2015 9:35 am

See your doctor or GP if this persists. Though i haven't heard of it, it may be the drug or even a placebo effect/ in your head. A ten minute awkward conversation is worth it mate. Go in and talk it out, docs see and hear far worse. All the best

CalmFruit liked
MemberMember
(@glb2130)

Posted : 08/25/2015 8:44 am

accutane i believe is a 5AR inhibitor just like finasteride so yeah sexual dysfunction is def a side effects, many people it resolves on it's own but you should look up all these details when you take drugs- not just on acne.org but research all over the web, there are lot of people who have problems with the drug, and a lot of people who have no problems with the drug. everyones body reacts differently

CalmFruit and Dubya_B liked
MemberMember
(@calmfruit)

Posted : 09/03/2015 2:26 am

Alright Guys so i just finished my 3rd week on accutane and god my skin is way better, the ED or loss of libido seems to come and go but it definitely still is lingering

MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 09/03/2015 7:20 am

Glad it is getting a bit better for you. 25yr male on 100mgs and everything seem to be working just as well before I started!