Notifications
Clear all

2 Months On Epiduo And Still Breaking Out! How Long Did It Take For You?

MemberMember
(@addie122)

Posted : 08/14/2015 11:47 am

Hi guys, im currently on week 9 on epiduo and aczone and spironolactone (although this along never worked for me), so with epiduo my face was clear in like the 5th week or so ( i did go through the purge in about week 3) but anyways i thought my face would stay clear from then on but like i said its week 9 and i just got 4 pimples. I notice too that they are smaller ( i usually get cystic and white heads) but although they are smaller and over the surface they still take for ever to come to a head and are red. fyi my face never burned with epiduo and its like putting lotion on my face, my pimples do not hurt they just look very red. How long did it take for epiduo to work for you??? and did it completely clear your face? Thanks guys!!

MemberMember
(@dahliadivin111)

Posted : 08/17/2015 12:51 am

Hey there:) im sorry that I can't completely answer your question but I would definitely give it another month. I am going to do so too, and I'm actually on the same boat as you. My acne is a lot better now where it was absolutely terrible when I started, but after 2 months I significantly cleared up. but I have random small breakouts that piss me off, and they're tiny like little red bumps and I get about two at a time and it's nice because each time I breakout the time between breakouts lessen a lot. Keep going with it and I bet it will get a lot better! I have noticed that putting on too much aggravates my skin and makes it worse so be careful with that too. Hopefully within 3 to 4 months we will be clear!

MemberMember
(@angelala)

Posted : 08/17/2015 8:32 am

I've been using Epiduo for almost 9 weeks and I haven't broken out in more than a week. I'm hoping it will stay like this!! It's cool how we started at the same time hehe

MemberMember
(@dahliadivin111)

Posted : 08/20/2015 6:16 pm

Yeah that's super weird! I was considering accutane and this was my last resort but I think I won't have to do that anymore. 3 -6 months is a long wait but I don't want to give up

MemberMember
(@vainpot25)

Posted : 08/21/2015 9:16 pm

Hey there! I started epiduo 3 weeks ago, my skin is significantly clearer but like Dahliadavin11 said, i get these really tiny red bumps. They kinda make me mad, but its way better than having pimples lol. Ive also seen that my scars are fading. I usually just like to apply a teeny tiny dot of bp on top of those red dots and most of the time that helps them go away. But only apply a tiny dot, like a pinpoint amount. I applied too much and burned my skin. So be careful. From all the reviews I've read, sticking with it helps! Good luck

MemberMember
(@porkcutlet)

Posted : 08/26/2015 9:52 am

Hello!

I've been using Epiduo for about 10 months now (3 months straight, then 2 months off, been back on it for the past 5 months) in conjunction with doxycycline. I've found that my purge finished after around 2 months-ish, and slowly died down after that. However, even during the time when I felt like my purge was starting to end, I'd still get the odd larger pimple here and there, as well as the smaller breakouts.

Fast forward to now, my skin is a lot clearer than what it was 5 months ago (my acne did clear up during my initial 3 months, but came back during my 2 months off.. so technically Epiduo has only been working its magic for the past 5 months). Breakouts aren't common anymore, particularly in the past 1-2 months or so. Although I seem to have gotten a few random, small red lumps which seem like they're going to come to the surface but they never have as they just fade away.

So just from my (short) experience, it seems like Epiduo is working for me, and has really cleared up my face. Seems like it's starting to work for you too so hang tight - the purge will fade completely, it just seems to be a very gradual process rather than a fast one :). Good luck!