Notifications
Clear all

How Do I Stop Wearing Make Up And Feel Good?

MemberMember
(@lenny198)

Posted : 08/12/2015 9:46 pm

I starting getting acne at age 13 and used many products and that never helped.at age 15 i think i went to my doctor and he put me on birth control and i went off and on that didn't help much. then age 16 my doctor put me on doxycycline 100mg i went on and off on that for 3 years that did help then he also put me on Retin a and at age 18 my skin was so clear. then what happened was i starting getting one or 2 pimples i was so fed so i starting putting make up on. i stopped the doxycycline and retin a i didn't care anymore. I was so happy with make up i would put it every single day but that was the worst thing i ever did. now i am 20 and my acne has got so worst i cant go anywhere without make up even though my make up looks so bad dry and cakey. people would always think i am sick or something when i have my make up but when i don't they would ask me if i am using any acne products and judge me for my acne. my skin is so dry and sensitive i cant use anything on it. i went to my doctor 5 days ago and he put on doxycycline and retin a again. i been on it for 5 days and i am also using a moistizer. The reason i am writing this is cause i wanna stop wearing make up but no matter what i try i can't my skin is so red and scars everywhere i go to college with the bad cakey make up. sorry about my English but plz help me how do i go without make up when i have bad skin i don't mean just one or 2 pimples but my whole face is red. my cakey make up makes me look old but i don't care as long as i can hide my acne. how do i stop this i have lost all my confident because of my acne i used to be so talkative and happy and now i am really really shy and sad. i cant even look people in their eyes :(

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 08/13/2015 1:46 am

i totally know the anxiety of not wearing makeup, but remember people dont care as much as you do. what makeup are you using now? maybe try sort of weaning yourself off it. try something like a bb cream which is foundation + moisturizer so youre not putting as much on. i have a huge collection of makeup and definitely have some that look cakey and some that dont. make sure you are getting all of it off at night and try checking everything on this site first to make sure you arent putting acnegenic products on your face http://cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_2575133071.html

MemberMember
(@lenny198)

Posted : 08/13/2015 4:00 am

i totally know the anxiety of not wearing makeup, but remember people dont care as much as you do. what makeup are you using now? maybe try sort of weaning yourself off it. try something like a bb cream which is foundation + moisturizer so youre not putting as much on. i have a huge collection of makeup and definitely have some that look cakey and some that dont. make sure you are getting all of it off at night and try checking everything on this site first to make sure you arent putting acnegenic products on your face http://cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_2575133071.html

I wear the garnier bb cream also have loreal true match and Rommel lasting fiinsh 24 hours they all used look so good but now they look awlful and I completely wanna stop wearing make up but my red marks just brother me lot.

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 08/13/2015 11:33 am

have you tried putting glycolic acid onfor your red marks? 10% works really well on mine. actually my whole face would be worse with clogged pores if i did not use it.
MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 08/14/2015 2:57 am

It's a hard one. Not wearing makeup is something I'm absolutely for. I don't wear makeup at all perhaps once every few months! I do ALWAYS wear mascara and I darken my eyebrows a bit with a pencil though.

When I was 14/15 I had bad acne too and would always wear makeup even when I went to fencing. But my skin cleared at 16 with birth controls and I just stopped it. Makeup for me actually makes it WORSE.

As my skin got MUCH worse at 20/21 even my doctor said "have you thought about makeup" but I said to myself "no" why should I have to cover up my "imperfection" why? Just because society is all "flawless" and "perfect", because it's rare to see a natural girl anymore? Personally I think it's refreshing 100 % to see a girl with acne and not hide it...I know it's hard though. But overtime you realise that eventually NO ONE treats you any less or any different than when you were wearing makeup.

You can do it maybe start with a couple times a week and see how you get on. Acne us alot common than you think, don't feel alone.

JLopez, Lenny198 and KitP liked
MemberMember
(@lenny198)

Posted : 08/14/2015 6:03 pm

It's a hard one. Not wearing makeup is something I'm absolutely for. I don't wear makeup at all perhaps once every few months! I do ALWAYS wear mascara and I darken my eyebrows a bit with a pencil though.

When I was 14/15 I had bad acne too and would always wear makeup even when I went to fencing. But my skin cleared at 16 with birth controls and I just stopped it. Makeup for me actually makes it WORSE.

As my skin got MUCH worse at 20/21 even my doctor said "have you thought about makeup" but I said to myself "no" why should I have to cover up my "imperfection" why? Just because society is all "flawless" and "perfect", because it's rare to see a natural girl anymore? Personally I think it's refreshing 100 % to see a girl with acne and not hide it...I know it's hard though. But overtime you realise that eventually NO ONE treats you any less or any different than when you were wearing makeup.

You can do it maybe start with a couple times a week and see how you get on. Acne us alot common than you think, don't feel alone.

thank you for telling me this I am going to try not wearing make up because I don't want my acne to get wrost

MissSac17 liked
MemberMember
(@angelala)

Posted : 08/18/2015 8:42 am

I know that it's hard for you to not wear makeup because of your acne, but if you want your skin to clear up faster, I think you should stop wearing makeup first. You may not look as good for a couple of months, but what you can do is just try to not think about it because people don't care as much about your pimples as you do. When your skin is clear, you'll shock them all.

Here are a few tips instead of wearing makeup

1) You can wear a bold lipstick color to distract people from concentrating on your acne

2) Use a tinted sunblock to minimize the redness. It may not cover as much but it can slightly help you feel better about yourself.

3) Wear mascara because mascara is awesome

4) Remember: Other people don't care as much as you care.

4 months ago I would wear makeup almost everyday of the week because I tried to cover up a few acne marks I had and it just made my acne worse. I got 1-3 breakouts a week, and I would still continue to wear it and just made everything worse. I minimized my usage of makeup until I completely stopped using it. I stopped getting acne as of the moment, and I haven't gotten a single pimple in 2 weeks.

YOU CAN DO IT. I BELIEVE IN YOU!

Lenny198 liked
MemberMember
(@lenny198)

Posted : 08/18/2015 3:28 pm

I know that it's hard for you to not wear makeup because of your acne, but if you want your skin to clear up faster, I think you should stop wearing makeup first. You may not look as good for a couple of months, but what you can do is just try to not think about it because people don't care as much about your pimples as you do. When your skin is clear, you'll shock them all.

Here are a few tips instead of wearing makeup

1) You can wear a bold lipstick color to distract people from concentrating on your acne

2) Use a tinted sunblock to minimize the redness. It may not cover as much but it can slightly help you feel better about yourself.

3) Wear mascara because mascara is awesome

4) Remember: Other people don't care as much as you care.

4 months ago I would wear makeup almost everyday of the week because I tried to cover up a few acne marks I had and it just made my acne worse. I got 1-3 breakouts a week, and I would still continue to wear it and just made everything worse. I minimized my usage of makeup until I completely stopped using it. I stopped getting acne as of the moment, and I haven't gotten a single pimple in 2 weeks.

YOU CAN DO IT. I BELIEVE IN YOU!