Notifications
Clear all

Fed Up And Losing Hope

MemberMember
(@cnf0257)

Posted : 08/12/2015 8:50 pm

So I've lurked the site for some time now, however I this is my first time posting. Bear with me, this might be long.

I'm 26 and am losing my mind due to my skin. I had perfect skin all throughout my teen years. Once I hit 21-22, it was like all hell broke loose on my face. Granted, it is not as bad as some, but I have made it worse. Compulsive picking and trying to "fix" my face have left my face scarred and red-marked all over. I have anxiety and I know that it doesn't help my picking problem. Most of the scars are on my chin, where the worst "under the skin" pimples happen to me. These are the ones I can't stand and will pick until I'm bleeding and scabby.

Most of my breakouts are on my chin. I will get the occasional cyst on my cheeks which will scar, and bumps next to my ears in my hairline.

I have tried everything the drugstore has to offer. Nothing seems to help, it all seems to make me break out even more. Prescription wise, I've tried Differin, Azelex, Retin-A, Benzoyl Peroxide. Antibiotics helped clear my face, but of course it came back in a couple weeks. The past year I have been using Dermadoctor's "Ain't Misbehaving" face wash once daily, which seemed to help. I've tried natural remedies.

There for awhile I thought it was related to my birth control (first Depo, then Implanon, and the latest was Nexplanon which made my skin the worst).

In May, I had the Nexplanon taken out for that reason along with a whole other mess of reasons, and my husband and I moved back to Texas from Hawaii. Magically, my skin cleared up. I was in the clear! I didn't have to or want to wear makeup and I didn't feel like hiding. It has been clear all summer...until 2 weeks ago. I started getting red bumps near my hairline, then on my forehead. Being my neurotic self, I picked. Once those started healing, it was overnight that a new cluster had formed on my chin, and cheeks and nose (two places i never really got bad breakouts). I am trying my hardest to leave them alone, but its frustrating when I look in the mirror and see that they are actually healing and going away, but new ones have popped up in the area!! Whats weird is that ones that I haven't even touched have become scabby and dry. The photos I've attached are of my face currently. You can see the scars in some.

I haven't wanted to leave the house for 2 weeks. My husband understands but it's embarrassing...I'm 26 yrs old, I shouldn't have to deal with this. I don't know HOW to deal with this. Can anybody give me some advice or anything...I'm out of ideas.

post-484623-0-29837800-1439430569.jpg

post-484623-0-09386900-1439430570.jpg

post-484623-0-55162800-1439430570.jpg

post-484623-0-39265100-1439430571.jpg

MemberMember
(@cnf0257)

Posted : 08/12/2015 9:22 pm

Hi :)

I'm going to refer you to a forum which deals w/ skin picking. I'm not sure if you've taken a look yet, but it's worth it. Some of the threads can definitely help.

I dealt w/ this, but I haven't picked for about a year and a half. You'll find some advice in that forum how not to pick, such as wearing gloves around the house, avoiding mirrors, etc.

Have you thought about the Acne.org regimen? You're a good candidate for it, and it really works.

Thank you. I've looked but haven't read anything yet. I'll check it out.

Benzoyl peroxide makes my skin way worse than it is. I used it for about a year in different forms, per derms advice and prescriptions. The "purging" phase never ended.