13 Yr Old Teen, Ver...

Notifications
Clear all

13 Yr Old Teen, Very Very Mild Acne - Can You Start Regimen As Proactive Measure

MemberMember
(@michiganderintexas)

Posted : 08/11/2015 11:11 pm

Trying to decide if my 13 yr old daughter, who has 1 out of 10 scale acne, should start the regimen to help control and stop acne from starting?

Or do you have to wait for it to become a problem?

Will starting the regimen hurt more than help?

Not a topic I've seen before, any help appreciated.

MemberMember
(@lunabear7)

Posted : 08/12/2015 5:48 pm

Very mild cases of acne, don't require any topical products unless it becomes a bigger issue (more than just having a few pimples here and there).

Your child is at the age of where hormones are crazyy wild and acne is a normal thing every teen/tween goes through.

I made the mistake of using many products and acne treatments for my mild acne when i was younger, and all it did was irritate the existing pimples and make the breakouts worse. The pimples continued to worsen over time and when i finally quit all products and used the "only-water" washing method, my acne cleared and my skin troubles went away. (been over 4 years with no acne :P)

MemberMember
(@michiganderintexas)

Posted : 08/13/2015 3:23 pm

Very mild cases of acne, don't require any topical products unless it becomes a bigger issue (more than just having a few pimples here and there).

Your child is at the age of where hormones are crazyy wild and acne is a normal thing every teen/tween goes through.

I made the mistake of using many products and acne treatments for my mild acne when i was younger, and all it did was irritate the existing pimples and make the breakouts worse. The pimples continued to worsen over time and when i finally quit all products and used the "only-water" washing method, my acne cleared and my skin troubles went away. (been over 4 years with no acne :P)

When you say "only water" do you really mean just water? No type of cleanser? No moisturizers?

MemberMember
(@lunabear7)

Posted : 08/13/2015 6:36 pm

Yup. :P haha

All i do is rinse my face with water(only) every 1-2 days.. and i dont need any moisturizers afterwards because my skin is neither dry or oily (although it use to be very oily when i was using cleansers and such). The first few days of doing this regimen will leave your skin very dry, but afterwards your skin normalizes