An Insanely Horrid ...

Notifications
Clear all

An Insanely Horrid Diet Cured My Oily Skin

MemberMember
(@uareflawless321)

Posted : 08/09/2015 12:14 pm

The McDougall Program for Maximum Weight Loss. I wasn't using it to lose weight. I was using it to get clear skin. Why? This video right here Two beautiful twin girls with clear skin going on about how diet cleared them of their acne. It's a plant-based diet, but with a catch: You can't eat any fat. Not even natural fat. That meant no avocados, no nuts, no oils, nothing. You can't even cook with oils. Most of the stuff is raw. Oh my god, I don't know why I thought this work. So, I followed this diet very strictly. I even made the recipes in the book! What I experienced at first was regret and cravings, and then joy. My incredibly oily, pimply skin was gone. The oil on my face disappeared. My sebaceous glands ceased to secrete. It was amazing!! My pimples were slowly leaving my face and I was incredibly happy. You know what else happened? My period stopped. Or rather, it was very late. Also, I started to feel woozy. When I say woozy I mean like blurred reality, what is life woozy. My brain was on some kind of acid trip that wouldn't stop. And then my skin started to flake. It got too dry and just began to peel. It started to feel like a desert and I was instantly thrown into a big black pit of regret and longing for my oily skin, as slick and disgusting as it was. Long story short, this diet got rid of my oily skin, and I quit it. I couldn't take it anymore. So now I know for sure that oily foods really do translate to oily skin. The only problems is, I haven't found a way to balance my diet so that I have the skin the perfect combination of skin from when I started the diet. Has anyone else had success with eliminating oil through getting rid of oily foods? And if so, which oily foods do I keep?

Now I know. Your body needs fat. Please never eliminate all of the fat from your diet, there are better ways to lose weight.

MemberMember
(@hardyhop)

Posted : 08/12/2015 9:57 am

27yo Male

About a month ago I stumbled across the starch solution video on youtube from McDougall. Saying how a diet high in starchy wholefoods is ideal for humans.

Thought it was an interesting watch and did a bit more research where I also found out that our body can handle a huge amount of clean carbs on a daily basis (somewhere between 3000 - 3500 worth)

So with all this information I decided the best thing to do was to try and hustle my friends stating that I could eat 15+ cooked potatoes a day and loose weight by the weeks end. Unfortunately they chickened out but as I was still curious I decided to give this high clean carb diet a go.

For the first week ate oats with water or sometimes almond milk + honey and banana, mash potatoes with a bit of cooked spinach and made huge pizzas with a bunch of cooked veggies. Also no dairy or meats were used.

During the first few days I had the same woozy/ dizzy spells and really questioned pulling the plug, but powered through and started to notice the weight just drop off and energy increase. But it wasn't until week 2 when I started messing around with calorie counting software that I realized my daily calorie intake was still far below the recommended 2000 -2300. Decided to add more fruits, nuts and rice snack etc and have been rolling ever since.

Have also been battling with chest/ back acne with a bit of scalp acne over the last 8 years and 4 weeks after changing my diet my skin has cleared up dramatically. There were stages when my skin would dry up and flake a little but is part of the process of cleaning up the acne/ pores and dead skin I guess.

But my skin feels great atm and hair feels nice and smooth (no greasiness)

I think you're on the right track so don't give up, my advice would be to add natural fats such as avocados, nuts etc in moderation. Avoid meats, dairy and oils.

Gl

MemberMember
(@jofo)

Posted : 08/19/2015 3:23 am

What I experienced at first was regret and cravings, and then joy. My incredibly oily, pimply skin was gone. The oil on my face disappeared. My sebaceous glands ceased to secrete. It was amazing!! My pimples were slowly leaving my face and I was incredibly happy.

MemberMember
(@uareflawless321)

Posted : 08/23/2015 6:38 pm

27yo Male

About a month ago I stumbled across the starch solution video on youtube from McDougall. Saying how a diet high in starchy wholefoods is ideal for humans.

Thought it was an interesting watch and did a bit more research where I also found out that our body can handle a huge amount of clean carbs on a daily basis (somewhere between 3000 - 3500 worth)

So with all this information I decided the best thing to do was to try and hustle my friends stating that I could eat 15+ cooked potatoes a day and loose weight by the weeks end. Unfortunately they chickened out but as I was still curious I decided to give this high clean carb diet a go.

For the first week ate oats with water or sometimes almond milk + honey and banana, mash potatoes with a bit of cooked spinach and made huge pizzas with a bunch of cooked veggies. Also no dairy or meats were used.

During the first few days I had the same woozy/ dizzy spells and really questioned pulling the plug, but powered through and started to notice the weight just drop off and energy increase. But it wasn't until week 2 when I started messing around with calorie counting software that I realized my daily calorie intake was still far below the recommended 2000 -2300. Decided to add more fruits, nuts and rice snack etc and have been rolling ever since.

Have also been battling with chest/ back acne with a bit of scalp acne over the last 8 years and 4 weeks after changing my diet my skin has cleared up dramatically. There were stages when my skin would dry up and flake a little but is part of the process of cleaning up the acne/ pores and dead skin I guess.

But my skin feels great atm and hair feels nice and smooth (no greasiness)

I think you're on the right track so don't give up, my advice would be to add natural fats such as avocados, nuts etc in moderation. Avoid meats, dairy and oils.

Gl

Yep, that's exactly what I'm trying to do, although meats aren't too much of a problem if they're with little fat. Too much dairy, however, and my skin takes a beating. I'm glad that you've received such great results with this particular McDougall diet. I just need to find a balance with oils in particular, because you can't cook without them!

What I experienced at first was regret and cravings, and then joy. My incredibly oily, pimply skin was gone. The oil on my face disappeared. My sebaceous glands ceased to secrete. It was amazing!! My pimples were slowly leaving my face and I was incredibly happy.

How long did it take for you to start seeing these results?

Two weeks. But, even though my skin became less oily, it started flaking about a week later.