Notifications
Clear all

Skin & Scars Improved, But How? (Photos Inside)

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 08/08/2015 6:09 pm

I posted my scaring in a topic I created a while back, it was an image of my scaring. I wanted some advice on if the Fraxel Re:pair I am going to have next month will improve my scaring.

I recently looked at the photo again in the topic and thought WOW my skin seems to have changed quite a lot.

I'm not sure what in specific I have got the good results from, but I honestly think it is the Extra Virgin Olive Oil & applying lemon juice on my face over night. I also exfoliate twice a week that has really helped. To be honest it is all I have really been using, but I only starting using them since I taken the first photo, so it has to be them that has made the changes....

Just wondered what you all think? Anyone else had good results with using Olive Oil?, I heat the oil up before applying it to my skins so it absorbs into the skin better.

Both images taken outside (same lighting)

scars_before_after_zpsvp2wgv0p.jpg

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 08/08/2015 7:02 pm

Bottom line: even if its just a temporary plumping effect, as long as its not irritating or harming your skin just keep doing it forever, that's a functional "cure"

You may want to consider subcising a few of those minor rolling scars first, you'll get superior results that way, some people have seen them gone for good.

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 08/08/2015 7:27 pm

Looks good just olive oil and lemon juice every night? Just heat in the microwave??

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 08/08/2015 8:28 pm

Crazy! Keep doing what you're doing. And how are you taking these pictures? with what? lighting?

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 08/09/2015 3:22 pm

Looks good just olive oil and lemon juice every night? Just heat in the microwave??

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I use the Olive Oil around 3 times a week, it's best to just put in on to soak for 4 hours before a shower/bath if possible, try and let it soak fully into the skin by rubbing it in every hour or so (not by adding more though). Make sure you get Extra Virgin.

The lemon I use separate, I just squeeze pure (fresh) lemon into my hands and apply it to all of my face and neck and leave it overnight then wash off in the morning. This alone really helped my lighten the redness. You should feel a little stinging when you put the lemon on but it should fade after 5 mins. Be careful you are not too sensitive, if you are, dilute with some water.

Try and do it for a week, then have a few days off to avoid too much irritation.

Crazy! Keep doing what you're doing. And how are you taking these pictures? with what? lighting?

The photos was taken outside around 3pm on both days :).

Oh wow, Your skin does look better, the tone and scars look smoother. But the lighting's not quite the same, the second pic is a bit softer and brighter lighting compared to the first, ie, the nostrils are quite a bit darker in the first lol. Such a pain to take pics in the same lighting. However, I'm not discrediting that you have improvement. Olive oil can help moisturize and plump the skin, and can help soothe the skin, at least in my experience (though I generally use tallow or lard). I hope you continue to see improvement! How old were your scars by the way?

I think you are right, the lighting may be a little different on both of the images, but I have just had so many comments from people lately saying how much my skin has changed, something I am doing I must be doing right. I just wanted to post here to share incase this works for anyone else.

I do understand that it will be a temporary plumping effect, but we have to be good to our skin for a skin to look good, right? So there is nothing wrong with giving it a good pampering to get good results! xD.

My scars are around 8 years old.

Sorry for any typos above, didn't have much time to write this *

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 08/09/2015 6:39 pm

Thanks for the response have you tried dermal fillers??

MemberMember
(@fortuneshill)

Posted : 08/10/2015 7:59 pm

I have tried no treatments so far apart from creams, oils etc.

My first treatment will be next month, that is Fraxel Laser, the only reason I am going for this one is because it's free in the UK. I may look into paying for some derma rolling too.

I feel that fillers and subcision etc are too "hardcore" at the moment, so I want to try everything I can before considering them. I am hoping to reduce them as much as possible, then hopefully one day just forgot about them!

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 08/11/2015 2:21 pm

I have tried no treatments so far apart from creams, oils etc.

My first treatment will be next month, that is Fraxel Laser, the only reason I am going for this one is because it's free in the UK. I may look into paying for some derma rolling too.

I feel that fillers and subcision etc are too "hardcore" at the moment, so I want to try everything I can before considering them. I am hoping to reduce them as much as possible, then hopefully one day just forgot about them!

Subcision is less hardcore then Fraxel Repair lol. Your scars are perfect for subcision. But I understand where you're coming from, if I would have been offered Fraxel Repair for free before my subcisions and knowledge, I wouldn't have hesitated and accepted the ofer

MemberMember
(@simplemutton)

Posted : 08/12/2015 11:50 am

Looks better

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 05/09/2016 7:55 pm

On 8/8/2015 at 7:09 PM, FortunesHill said:

I posted my scaring in a topic I created a while back, it was an image of my scaring. I wanted some advice on if the Fraxel Re:pair I am going to have next month will improve my scaring.

I recently looked at the photo again in the topic and thought WOW my skin seems to have changed quite a lot.

I'm not sure what in specific I have got the good results from, but I honestly think it is the Extra Virgin Olive Oil & applying lemon juice on my face over night. I also exfoliate twice a week that has really helped. To be honest it is all I have really been using, but I only starting using them since I taken the first photo, so it has to be them that has made the changes....

Just wondered what you all think? Anyone else had good results with using Olive Oil?, I heat the oil up before applying it to my skins so it absorbs into the skin better.

Both images taken outside (same lighting)

scars_before_after_zpsvp2wgv0p.jpg

I just started to put olive oil on my skin because of how dry it is and I have been noticing one deep scar isn't as deep as before.

Do you yourself see a difference? I know you can never recreate the same pic over again.

I also noticed my skin looked better when I was using acv at night.