Notifications
Clear all

My Pcos Is Gone For Now!

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/08/2015 5:53 pm

Hi ladies,

Yes, I was told today that I no longer fit the PCOS patient profile!!! I'm not sure how long this will last, but for now I'm pleased with my progress ;D ;D ;D I don't think one can "outgrow" or fully treat PCOS, but I certainly think it can be kept under control and cysts can lessen with the right holistic approach (as in, considering the WHOLE body and tailoring a treatment accordingly).

Some of you have been following my journey for a while now. Acne helped me figure out a lot of things going on in my body & general surroundings, and I had to make some lifestyle changes for the better.

I was diagnosed (and re-diagnosed several times) with PCOS since 18 years old, but today I got an ultrasound follow-up for a procedure I had done (hormone-related as well), and the doctor confirmed that I have very few cysts on each ovary (5 on each to be exact) and no longer qualify as a PCOS patient. I still have some ovarian cysts, but he said I no longer have the PCOS "syndrome".

Since I removed a demoid cyst back in April (detailed in my other thread), I noticed that I had fewer hormonal issues (e.g. fewer facial hair, thicker hair growth on head, lower sex drive rather than crazy high drive, etc). I'm glad to see I'm on the right track to fixing yet another issue, and I am cutting back on some supplements and lowering the dose to maintenance -- only a few times a week/ month as needed.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this for those of you who feel discouraged, as I did many times. I never gave up and tried to listen to my body and modify my lifestyle accordingly to show people that there are other options besides traditional treatments & medication.

If you need more details, check out my signature below.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 05/18/2016 7:48 pm

Did you have the cyst removed from your ovary?