Almost In 6Th Week ...

Notifications
Clear all

Almost In 6Th Week Of Regimen...still Not Working?

MemberMember
(@acnerealllllyyysucks)

Posted : 08/08/2015 3:22 pm

So.... I started the regimen almost 6 weeks ago.

I will for sure say that I have seen an improvement in my skin, however that is only with whiteheads. I don't really get them anymore, and if I do, they are quite small and go away super fast (thanks to the BP, I'm assuming). My experience does not really follow what it says on the what to expect page, as I thought by now I wouldn't really be getting new pimples?

OH, i forgot to mention that I switched from Dans moisturizer to Cerave because for sure the moisturizer made me break out with little white heads, and as soon as i switched to Cerave they stopped.

Anyway, I still get the occasional pimple, and I have scarring, but my main problem is, I've all of a sudden started to develop cysts. I NEVER had cysts before, especially on my face. I have one that is soooo deep and hurts really bad, and i can feel new acne under my skin which just feels like its really deep under there because its not surfacing like a white head its just a bump, and I've developed several of those, mostly small but one really big one. I also have some pimples (which i think are cysts actually) that have 3 heads all right next to each other. So.. is that just like one cyst with three heads?

The acne that I have now that is cystic doesn't really seem to surface, but it still looks bad and hurts.. I don't know what to do. I would be ok if I was still getting regular pimples because whatever but as I mentioned, I never had cysts before! Is this just a breakout? Or is the BP causing it??

I'm upset because I thought my skin was supposed to be relatively clear by now.. :( HELP! :( (i also really don't understand why I'm all of a sudden starting to get cysts/really deep pimples)

MemberMember
(@acnerealllllyyysucks)

Posted : 08/08/2015 5:00 pm

You can't be certain that the Acne.org moisturizer broke you out b/c there were too many variables @ that time. You need to be clear before introducing a product to see if it breaks you out. It could be the CeraVe. Also, you've been on the regimen for a bit more than a month. This could be a purge. Please give it at least 3 months. W/ severe acne it usually takes 3“4 months to get clear.

But isn't it strange that I am getting acne, like cysts, that Ive never had before. I'm going to continue the regimen but I just want to know if its normal? :(

MemberMember
(@acnerealllllyyysucks)

Posted : 08/08/2015 6:48 pm

You can't be certain that the Acne.org moisturizer broke you out b/c there were too many variables @ that time. You need to be clear before introducing a product to see if it breaks you out. It could be the CeraVe. Also, you've been on the regimen for a bit more than a month. This could be a purge. Please give it at least 3 months. W/ severe acne it usually takes 3“4 months to get clear.

But isn't it strange that I am getting acne, like cysts, that Ive never had before. I'm going to continue the regimen but I just want to know if its normal? :(

Of course it's normal. Six weeks isn't enough time. Just be patient, and you'll get exceptional results.

Thank you! I feel reassured. Just gotta get through the tough part :(

MemberMember
(@acnerealllllyyysucks)

Posted : 08/11/2015 2:07 pm

Sorry for not replying for a while! I use Cerave which helped moisturize my skin so it doesn't feel dry, but soooo flakey. I don't know how much of it I should use to get rid of the flakey-ness. I tried jojoba oil and it didn't help :(

MemberMember
(@acnerealllllyyysucks)

Posted : 08/12/2015 1:10 am

Sorry for not replying for a while! I use Cerave which helped moisturize my skin so it doesn't feel dry, but soooo flakey. I don't know how much of it I should use to get rid of the flakey-ness. I tried jojoba oil and it didn't help :(

The same thing happens to me, and I've been on the regimen since 2013. It really sucks. Are you using CeraVe AM/PM Lotion or the regular Moisturizing Lotion?

You're curious about how much you should apply. I've learned through experimentation that adding more product gives you more hydration only to an extent. One and a half pumps is better than say one pump, but two pumps isn't better than one and a half. I remember applying about four layers of this stuff, and it was no more moisturizing than one layer. The issue lays in the product formulation. While the CeraVe hydrates my skin most, it gives only about 70% relief for me. I'd prefer at least like 90%.

I've also noticed that jojoba oil doesn't help much w/ dryness. I mix it w/ my moisturizer b/c it may slow sebum production, which helps to prevent acne. But that's the only reason.

I feel like jojoba makes me break out! Maybe I'm just crazy

also, i use the regular moisturizing lotion!

MemberMember
(@jersie)

Posted : 12/10/2015 9:17 am

Acnerealllllyyysucks, I'm wondering if you stuck with the regimen and have had success? I am almost at the end of week 3 and developing cysts as well (I used to rarely ever get cysts). Just looking for an idea on what to expect moving forward.

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@samsung11)

Posted : 12/13/2015 8:39 am

Hey ,

I had wrote a similar post a few weeks ago im now into my 5th month and my skin has never been better , please please stick to it .

I used face wash 1 pump every morning and evening

Then I used bp ever morning and evening

Then in the morning only i would use half a pump of moisturizer 

Then in the evening after BP fully dried I would use AHA .

I was getting worse spots then before but i just stuck at it and now im in shock of how much better my skin is .

:)

MemberMember
(@jersie)

Posted : 12/13/2015 6:40 pm

Thank you for your response and encouraging me! I'm still going at it. I have three cysts right now that are healing so I'm hoping this is close to the end of the cysts. They are so painful! They seem to be closed comedones that turn into cysts.. I'm hoping the closed comedones will go away but I seem to have the same amount. I can't do much but stick with it but it's definitely tough. Thanks again!

MemberMember
(@jersie)

Posted : 12/14/2015 11:19 am

On Ž12Ž/Ž13Ž/Ž2015Ž Ž8ŽŽ16Ž, samsung11 said:

Hey ,

I had wrote a similar post a few weeks ago im now into my 5th month and my skin has never been better , please please stick to it .

I used face wash 1 pump every morning and evening

Then I used bp ever morning and evening

Then in the morning only i would use half a pump of moisturizer 

Then in the evening after BP fully dried I would use AHA .

I was getting worse spots then before but i just stuck at it and now im in shock of how much better my skin is .

:)

I had one question, how much AHA did you use at night? Was it similar to the 1/2 pump amount of moisturizer? I assume you use the full amount of BP now as well? (2 pumps or full fingers length)

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@samsung11)

Posted : 12/22/2015 1:45 pm

On 14/12/2015, 1724, Jersie said:

I had one question, how much AHA did you use at night? Was it similar to the 1/2 pump amount of moisturizer? I assume you use the full amount of BP now as well? (2 pumps or full fingers length)

Thank you!

I use 1 finger length of bp as two pumps was not drying haha !!!! And AHA I use a finger length i think they say use less but im seeing amazing results :)