Notifications
Clear all

Help! Hyper-Pigmentation / Red Marks

MemberMember
(@toni48)

Posted : 08/08/2015 1:19 am

Hi there! I've had these post-acne scars for a year now and I can't seem to fully get rid of them. I am Asian and have dry skin. Acne scars used to fade pretty quickly when I was in high school and college simply from using products with salicylic acid, but in the past year or so for some reason it just doesn't go away as quickly as it did before (I'm 24 and have graduated college 2 years ago). I went to the doctor's about it and he prescribed me Clindoxyl gel which greatly helps acne but not so much with acne scars. Mederma used to work ok until it started breaking me out out of the blue. Same goes for Bio-Oil, it worked great on my scars in high school but not anymore. I admit that I occasionally have a sweet tooth and munch on junk food once in a while, but I've been trying to cut down on it and drink lots of water if I can't resist taking a few bites.

I'd like to avoid peels since it's pretty abrasive and I am on a budget so if there are any drugstore recommendations that would be great. I live in Canada so unfortunately we might not have the wide selection of products like in the US, but hopefully we have whatever recommendations you wonderful people can give me.

I don't wear a lot of make-up on a daily basis (just a little concealer usually), but if there are some high coverage make-up recommendations that doesn't cause break-outs I'd love to hear about them too. I still want to look decent when going on dates or hanging out with friends. I heard Revlon's Colourstay foundation is a good choice?

Thank you all so much!

post-483758-0-38819100-1439013958.jpg

post-483758-0-47372500-1439013959.jpg

MemberMember
(@tevez)
MemberMember
(@hanleybeingmannybeingmanny)

Posted : 08/10/2015 11:48 am

I have also heard good things about turmeric, though I haven't personally tried it yet.

One thing I have tried, which I liked a lot, was M2 High Potency Skin Refresh. It was about $30-ish on Amazon, and I definitely saw results from it quickly! I'd consider looking into getting a bottle if I were you! (And pro-tip if you do end up getting some: apply it before you go to bedand don't moisturize afterwards like it suggests on the bottle!)