Notifications
Clear all

Did A Tca Peel But Not Peeling! What Do I Do?

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 08/05/2015 12:47 pm

My skin is really rough and tight but it won't peel. It's been 7 days since I did the peel (12%). I've steamed it. No peeling. didn't moisturize one day just to see if that would cause it to start peel but it didn't work. Not sure what else to do but it's driving me crazy. I hate the way it feels. Any advice on what else I can do to get this thing to peel?

MemberMember
(@perservering)

Posted : 08/05/2015 4:02 pm

Did your skin frost when you did the peel?

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 08/05/2015 6:51 pm

Just in the area between my eyes and near my nose but it was a very small area. My skin looks very old and crepey right now and it feels awful. And itchy!

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 08/05/2015 7:01 pm

Its a very superficial peel so it may not be sloughing off the way you're expecting, try using an exfoliating wash in a few days.

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 08/06/2015 4:25 pm

Will exfoliating it leave red marks? I peeled a little section off and that spot stayed red. My whole face is covered in rough skin so don't want all of it to stay red. :( I may not to a TCA again. I think I'm sticking with glycolic acid peels!

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 08/06/2015 6:44 pm

clean your face with alcohol first ! let it frost each time 3-5 minutes ! wear goggles ! use ice water to cool face when it starts burning and a cool air dryer ! try to apply 3-4 times ...25% tca peel from skin sollutions dot com

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 08/06/2015 8:28 pm

The way I've always understood TCA peels is you apply layers until you frost.

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 08/08/2015 8:35 am

Thanks for the responses! NomNomWaffles, I did what you said and it's working! Most of it is gone, thank goodness!

Factoid, I did frost but it was just around my nose and inbetween my eyes. I got scared and washed it off. I probably could have done another 2 layers but I wanted to start slow since that was my first time.

You liked
MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 08/08/2015 3:28 pm

Anything up to 35% TCA won't scar the skin, if you want to see visible improvement you're going to have to ramp up the concentration.