Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chlozil

New Prescription Medication?

I'm a 16 year old female and in February I finally plucked up the courage to talk to my GP about my acne. He prescribed me with Zineryt (a zinc based antibiotic topical treatment) which worked wonders for about 4 months.

Now, 6 months later it has stopped working and new spots are forming every day on my skin.

I want to go back to my doctor but I wondered if you guys had tried any other topical treatments that worked for you? I am open to take oral tablets if necessary but I'd prefer not to.

My doctor briefly mentioned the pill but as I'm not sexually active I'm a bit cautious of taking it just for this reason. I'm not sure if my acne is hormonal or not as it gets worse before my period, but Zineryt still managed to control it.

Can hormonal acne be controlled with non hormonal treatments?

Finally I've attached a photo of my skin this morning, so you can compare how yours was and how well the treatment worked.

Thankyou so much for taking the time to read xpost-479117-0-82679500-1438772392.jpg