Notifications
Clear all

Acne For The Last 6 Months, Help!

MemberMember
(@happycattle)

Posted : 08/03/2015 8:25 pm

I want to start off by saying I am a 21 year old female. I have NEVER had a problem with acne before. As a teenager I might have had a couple zits here and there but never full blown acne. I started the depo shot when I was 20 after being on it for 9 months I noticed really bad breakouts that would come and go. My doctor said to try one more cycle (1 shot, 3 months) to see if it would go away. The acne got worse at the end of the three months I decided I HAD to do something else. He put me on quasense generic form for seasonale (which Ive been taking for 8 weeks now) and assure me it was probably the shot and I would see improvement. After two weeks I couldn't look in the mirror because it appeared worse. I called my doctor to see if there was anything I could do til the birthcontrol starts working. He prescribed me minocycline which I've been on for 5 weeks now and I've seen minor improvements. My skin routine:

Morning- salicylic acid 2% face cleanser can't remember the name I believe it's clearisil rapid relief

Afternoon- wipe my face with a noxzema pad which also contains 2% salicylic acid

Night- spot treatment or occasional mask that contains 3.5 benzoyl peroxide

I also exfoliate my face with something by clean and clear that contains 2% salicylic acid 1 to 2 times per week in the shower and if I do this I skip my morning cleanse

Occasionally I use a noxzema moisturizer cleanser if my skin feels dry.

I had oily skin before religiously following this skin care routine and it has helped that. The pimples appear to be less red and go away faster

I drink plenty of water daily.

I just want to know what else I can be doing or anything that has worked for you. I have an appointment with a dermatologist in October but would like to try and fix this by myself! My acne is mostly in my jawline/cheek and forehead area. I'm hopeless and feel like now that I've had acne for almost 6 months I'll have it my whole adult life. Also when my acne goes away I'm left with red scars for weeks. Please help me :(