Notifications
Clear all

Tiny Little Flesh Colored Bumps All Over!

MemberMember
(@tationa2)

Posted : 08/03/2015 10:03 am

Hi , I have tons on tiny flesh colored bumps on my face. They mostly appear Around the nose and forehead area. They don't itch or anything , but wherever the bumps are that part of my face is always oily. I've tried using 10% benzoyl peroxide on the areas with the tiny little bumps and it does nothing :( They can't be popped and I wash my face 2 times a day , and they won't go away. Help!

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 08/03/2015 10:17 am

Sounds like comedonal acne. I'd try a BHA (salicylic acid) product like Stridex pads and see if that helps. Comedonal acne tends to respond better to BHA than to BP.

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 08/03/2015 10:46 am

DeLovely is absolutely correct. Salicylic Acid is the best product for those. Medicated cleansing pads like stridex and Noxzema have 2% Salicylic Acid which u clogs pores and renews the skin helping to rid yourself of those bumps. They hopefully will be almost gone in 2 weeks.

Keep using the pads after to avoid clogged pores.

Makeup usually is the main cause of clogged pores so wash your makeup off and cleanse with these pads to get all the makeup off.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 08/04/2015 3:09 pm

DeLovely is absolutely correct. Salicylic Acid is the best product for those. Medicated cleansing pads like stridex and Noxzema have 2% Salicylic Acid which u clogs pores and renews the skin helping to rid yourself of those bumps. They hopefully will be almost gone in 2 weeks.

Keep using the pads after to avoid clogged pores.

Makeup usually is the main cause of clogged pores so wash your makeup off and cleanse with these pads to get all the makeup off.

Haha I love being right! :)

MemberMember
(@cna7)

Posted : 08/04/2015 3:28 pm

You may have foliculitis which can be confused with acne. I would too, suggest using SA and if you don't see any results, I would schedule an apt with your family doctor and get clindamycin -- which treats both bacterial or fungal infections. You can also do some google searches of acne vs. foliculitis. I just had foliculitis on my chin (but I was treating as acne for 2 months!) it was terrible. All cleared up after 5 days of using it.

Best of luck! <3

MemberMember
(@jilliang)

Posted : 09/23/2015 12:19 pm

You may have foliculitis which can be confused with acne. I would too, suggest using SA and if you don't see any results, I would schedule an apt with your family doctor and get clindamycin -- which treats both bacterial or fungal infections. You can also do some google searches of acne vs. foliculitis. I just had foliculitis on my chin (but I was treating as acne for 2 months!) it was terrible. All cleared up after 5 days of using it.

Best of luck! <3

Wow! Thanks for the tip, I feel like that could very likely be one of the problems I'm having! I've had tiny bumps all over my chin, mouth, etc. for months and can never get rid of them, even with an AHA liquid treatment or an acne spot treatment. I'm definitely going to go ask my doctor about folliculitis.