Notifications
Clear all

Maybelline Foundation Experiences?

MemberMember
(@t1901)

Posted : 08/02/2015 6:29 pm

I'm currently tossing up between Maybelline 24 hr stay which claims to be non pore clogging and oil free, or Maybellines new fit me normal to oily skin + matte finish poreless foundation. I only ever wear foundation on special occasions, so this won't be a regular thing, but I'm concerned I'm going to break out. My skin is not clear yet but I have been using Epiduo for 7 months and my cystic acne has finally subsided for now, leaving me with scars-anyone had bad experiences with either of these foundations? I just really can't handle another flare up right now.

MemberMember
(@purifiedjudge)

Posted : 08/02/2015 6:51 pm

Omg I used to use the 24hr stay foundation and even in the lightest colour it oxidised and made my skin so oily and greasy, like wth. Having that residue on your skin isn't good.

Go for the fit me one, better colour range and if it claims to be a matte base it should be safer. Maybelline also has that mineral wear powder foundation, I used to use it, it ain't too bad. Try a tester of it if you can

MemberMember
(@t1901)

Posted : 08/02/2015 7:01 pm

Oh really? Hmm, I have read some reviews that have complained about greasy texture, yeah I'll try to find a tester for the fit me foundation, I was leaning more towards that one but I was just concerned the matte finish would crack and separate through the day. Thanks! :)

MemberMember
(@purifiedjudge)

Posted : 08/02/2015 7:15 pm

If your skin is well moisturised it shouldn't crack. :) Try a primer underneath if you don't already have one. NYX sells a matte primer which makes skin really smooth and pretty good for foundation application.

T1901 liked
MemberMember
(@ginamariea73)

Posted : 08/30/2015 1:20 pm

I love the maybelline fit me matte and poreless foundation it hasn't broken me out and I've been using this since Feb.I was completely surprised by the fact that it didnt break me out.This was actually my first maybelline foundation ever.good luck.

MemberMember
(@tea-rex)

Posted : 09/10/2015 10:25 pm

For years I used Maybelline's Purestay powder-foundation. I absolutely loved it but I think it exacerbated my acne as well. I no longer trust the labels 'non-comedogenic' because I researched what that word really entails, and the results I found were quite silly. Instead when I shop for makeup, I just look out for fragrance-free and oil-free products as well as keeping the ingredient list uncomplicated and brief.

If anyone is interested, here's a video on the term of 'non-comedogenic':

MemberMember
(@deannejacobs)

Posted : 10/22/2015 9:52 pm

Hi, I would agree on Maybelline's powder-foundation also. I think, it fits my skin needs. However, for other skin types , I suggest that you should consult your dermatologist first.