Notifications
Clear all

Dry Flaky Oily Skin - Cc

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 08/02/2015 9:35 am

Hi,

I recently used to much BP and developed some flaky skin on my chin. (I am a poet XD) The dryness made my skin extremely oily.

I am now seeing very small comedones which I am just assuming were developed from that. Can anyone back me up.

Are the comedones from the dry oily skin?

Anyways, thanks.

Wade

MemberMember
(@skindeeply)

Posted : 08/31/2015 12:03 am

The comedones were caused by the dead skin + sebum clogging your pores. It's a good practice not to let dry skin patches hang around for too long on your face--especially if you're prone to oiliness. I've had this happen a few times with the same result. When you get out of the shower, pat your skin dry and then start gently rolling the dry skin off with your hand. Don't scrape it with your fingernail or try to exfoliate it with a scrub and/or washcloth. Just rub it with your hand--gently but persistently. The stuff that's ready to come off will roll right off. After rubbing at it for a while, the stuff that hasn't come off isn't ready to--so don't push it. If the comedones have come to a head, extract them gently with tissues over your fingers. If they're not ready, don't push them. Apply a thin coat or two (or three!) of pure calamine lotion (ingredients should just be calamine and zinc) to the area and let it sit for an hour. Wash it off *gently* with a gentle scrub. Some more stubborn skin may be ready to roll off. If not, again, don't push it. You'll probably notice a decent amount of redness and inflammation from the popped zits will have gone down as well. You can repeat this process as many times as you'd like. Apply a thin layer of your fave facial moisturizer over the top. If you have fresh aloe vera, even better.

MemberMember
(@jwaltersrn)

Posted : 09/21/2015 1:25 pm

Try a tiny bit of Extra Virgin, Cold-pressed organic coconut oil in the shower. massage it in, and pat dry (don't rub). Can be used all over, and you will never need lotion again.

It takes care of dry skin, reduces sebum production, and controls oily skin and clears clogged pores.

If coconut oil happens to be a bit too much for your particular skin- grapeseed is a nice, lighter oil as well.