Notifications
Clear all

Green Tea For Acne

MemberMember
(@fiercequince)

Posted : 08/01/2015 9:02 pm

Has anyone successfully incorporated drinking green tea into helping acne? If so how long did it take and how much did you drink a day? Does it work as a topical?

MemberMember
(@cna7)

Posted : 08/01/2015 10:29 pm

I've been drinking matcha green tea for 2 weeks now and I am not sure if it's helping or not, but I do think green tea is beneficial in ones diet overall. It has anti inflammatory properties and also helps speed up your metabolism -- many people use green tea as a facial toner, but I have not tried this. My one tip to you is to buy quality green tea... many grocery store brands do not sell such quality. I recommend http://www.rishi-tea.com/category/matcha-tea-powder many store bought teas have been over-processed and "burnt" in the drying process...loosing the anti inflammatory properties and all the beneficial qualities green tea has to offer.

MemberMember
(@purifiedjudge)

Posted : 08/01/2015 10:33 pm

I tried drinking it and applying the green tea over my acne, waste of time. It doesn't work, just stick with actual skin care stuff. Have you tried Azealic acid cream? its better then BP.

MemberMember
(@fiercequince)

Posted : 08/01/2015 10:41 pm

I tried drinking it and applying the green tea over my acne, waste of time. It doesn't work, just stick with actual skin care stuff. Have you tried Azealic acid cream? its better then BP.

No I haven't, how is it better and what product would you recommend?

MemberMember
(@purifiedjudge)

Posted : 08/01/2015 10:48 pm

It's better cause it's more anti inflammatory, more gentle. Its even used for rosacea which BP cannot do. Paulas choice.com has a range of BHA and AHA products, check it out. Google paulas choice

MemberMember
(@beyondinfinity)

Posted : 08/02/2015 7:35 am

I tried green tea before I and found it to be moderately helpful. I tried both the regular leaf green tea as well as the matcha green tea. I did not find any difference between the two. I was drinking the green tea (among other steps I was taking), my face cleared up completely at one point, but I can't be 100% sure it was due to green tea alone.

Later I stopped taking green tea because of the caffeine, and switched to white tea. I was reading that white tea has even more antioxidants than green tea however it is also more expensive. It also has less caffeine (one of the main reasons I switched)