Notifications
Clear all

Acne And Seb Derm

MemberMember
(@dk777)

Posted : 08/01/2015 6:49 pm

Hello I am new to the forum and am reaching out to anyone who has started an accutane course and had seb derm beforehand. I just started my course of 60mg a day, I am wondering if it is going to aggravate the seb derm or make it better.

MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 08/02/2015 3:19 am

I have Seb Derm. Most of it cleared up when I started using a Keteconozole Shampoo I was prescribed. I started that a week before my accutane treatment and have not had a problem with Seb Derm so far a month in. Accutane did not make it any worse.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 08/02/2015 7:01 am

Accutane helped mine but I am still on it, if it returns or not after I don't know

MemberMember
(@dk777)

Posted : 08/02/2015 6:41 pm

Accutane helped mine but I am still on it, if it returns or not after I don't know

did it flare up at the beginning of your course?

MemberMember
(@dk777)

Posted : 08/10/2015 10:35 pm

UPDATE: if you come accross this post and you are in the same boat as me (on a normal dose of accutane and have seb derm) I dumped 30 percent of my cerave face wash and replaced that 30 percent with selsun blue green lid shampoo (the kind with aloe) after a couple days everything was fine. Yes wash your face with it in the seb derm affected areas, since its a diluted solution its not at all irritating, I first washed my face with straight shampoo and it burned like a motherbitch.

Be sure to give the mixture a good shake before every use.