Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Have Experience With Vitex, Saw Palmetto, Calcium D-Glucarate?

MemberMember
(@killin_it)

Posted : 08/01/2015 4:24 pm

Hi everyone,

I have had success with birth control but want to go off of it because of negative side effects and the feeling of masking my hormonal acne issues rather than treating them.

Has anyone had any experiences coming off birth control or using vitex, saw palmetto, or calcium d-glucarate? Thank you guys

MemberMember
(@glb2130)

Posted : 08/01/2015 7:09 pm

Hi everyone,

I have had success with birth control but want to go off of it because of negative side effects and the feeling of masking my hormonal acne issues rather than treating them.

Has anyone had any experiences coming off birth control or using vitex, saw palmetto, or calcium d-glucarate? Thank you guys

i think a lot of people have success with vitex- i tried it once for about a week and got the most massive migrane with aura unlike anytthing i've ever had in my life so i assumed it wasn't for me and i stopped- can i ask what negative side effects you have from the pill because that was gonna be an option for me even though i've been trying to avoid it

MemberMember
(@killin_it)

Posted : 08/01/2015 11:48 pm

Hi everyone,

i think a lot of people have success with vitex- i tried it once for about a week and got the most massive migrane with aura unlike anytthing i've ever had in my life so i assumed it wasn't for me and i stopped- can i ask what negative side effects you have from the pill because that was gonna be an option for me even though i've been trying to avoid it

Im experiencing quite a bit of depression, a little weight gain, and increased anxiety. I went to the ER twice because I was so anxious that it was causing chest pains. It definitely cleared me, but I hate how im taking synthetic hormones. Although its safe, it makes me feel really unhealthy. I hope you find something that works! Birth control for acne really is a temporary fix, and when you stop I hear most people with acne issues will have their acne return severely.

MemberMember
(@glb2130)

Posted : 08/02/2015 7:42 am

Hi everyone,

Im experiencing quite a bit of depression, a little weight gain, and increased anxiety. I went to the ER twice because I was so anxious that it was causing chest pains. It definitely cleared me, but I hate how im taking synthetic hormones. Although its safe, it makes me feel really unhealthy. I hope you find something that works! Birth control for acne really is a temporary fix, and when you stop I hear most people with acne issues will have their acne return severely.

yeah i totally understand. i've tried ALOT and nothing has cleared my skin. Its strange because SOOOO many of my friends from college are on birth control (whether its for birth control, period regulation, or acne,) and they're all just happy jolly on it but i feel like i'm very conscious of what i do with my body and i know it's not the safest and i'd be nervous to go on. I also don't like all of the side effects i hear. i've had issues with depression / anxiety in the past and i don't want to go back to feeling like that again. I just ordered P50 by biologique recherche- no one on this site ever talks about it but it has really good reviews- at this point i don't need flawless skin, i just need to see some sort of improvement :/

MemberMember
(@killin_it)

Posted : 08/02/2015 5:53 pm

Hi everyone,

yeah i totally understand. i've tried ALOT and nothing has cleared my skin. Its strange because SOOOO many of my friends from college are on birth control (whether its for birth control, period regulation, or acne,) and they're all just happy jolly on it but i feel like i'm very conscious of what i do with my body and i know it's not the safest and i'd be nervous to go on. I also don't like all of the side effects i hear. i've had issues with depression / anxiety in the past and i don't want to go back to feeling like that again. I just ordered P50 by biologique recherche- no one on this site ever talks about it but it has really good reviews- at this point i don't need flawless skin, i just need to see some sort of improvement :/

I know how you feel! I felt super desperate as well and decided to go on it because I was in a committed relationship, but I really regret going on, even though it made me pretty clear. I still do get breakouts though which just proves it isnt a perfect cure. Have you heard anything about calcium d glucarate, saw palmetto, or burdock root? Ive heard these are very helpful for hormonal acne and have good reviews. Im definitely going to give those a try once I'm off BC. I do know that burdock root and the calcium DG have immediate results for some people, since they start removing DHT (saw palmetto) or toxic estrogens (Calcium dg) pretty quickly that people have had in their systems for a long time. I can't think of anything else I would really want to do since I do not want to do Accutane as I see this as a blanket fix as well.

MemberMember
(@glb2130)

Posted : 08/02/2015 9:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I know how you feel! I felt super desperate as well and decided to go on it because I was in a committed relationship, but I really regret going on, even though it made me pretty clear. I still do get breakouts though which just proves it isnt a perfect cure. Have you heard anything about calcium d glucarate, saw palmetto, or burdock root? Ive heard these are very helpful for hormonal acne and have good reviews. Im definitely going to give those a try once I'm off BC. I do know that burdock root and the calcium DG have immediate results for some people, since they start removing DHT (saw palmetto) or toxic estrogens (Calcium dg) pretty quickly that people have had in their systems for a long time. I can't think of anything else I would really want to do since I do not want to do Accutane as I see this as a blanket fix as well.

i tried saw palmetto briefly but didn't notice any change. saw palmetto is known for DHT problems and i'm sure there are people who have success with it! , burdock is good for liver cleanse i believe. DIM or estroblock is also a big one for estrogen metabolism. accutane works long term for a lot of people i'm just petrified of long term side effects so i don't think i'll ever go on :(

MemberMember
(@killin_it)

Posted : 08/02/2015 10:29 pm

Hi everyone,

i tried saw palmetto briefly but didn't notice any change. saw palmetto is known for DHT problems and i'm sure there are people who have success with it! , burdock is good for liver cleanse i believe. DIM or estroblock is also a big one for estrogen metabolism. accutane works long term for a lot of people i'm just petrified of long term side effects so i don't think i'll ever go on :(

I'm reluctant to go on any meds anymore! I really hope supplements will help me, or some sort of lifestyle change. It is so hard to find the root cause sometimes! I just think the meds arent worth it, and most of them are just a short term fix. Ive tried estroblock before i went on birth control and it kind of made my skin worse, but i think i would try it again. it just seems a bit gimmicky and im not sure if it is the best brand. Ive heard of a ton of people breaking out after stopping accutane and having to do another round, but for some people it actually "cures" them and they never have acne again. I just dont know if i could deal with all the blood work and doctors visits along with it. Have you ever gotten your hormones tested?

MemberMember
(@glb2130)

Posted : 08/04/2015 3:03 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm reluctant to go on any meds anymore! I really hope supplements will help me, or some sort of lifestyle change. It is so hard to find the root cause sometimes! I just think the meds arent worth it, and most of them are just a short term fix. Ive tried estroblock before i went on birth control and it kind of made my skin worse, but i think i would try it again. it just seems a bit gimmicky and im not sure if it is the best brand. Ive heard of a ton of people breaking out after stopping accutane and having to do another round, but for some people it actually "cures" them and they never have acne again. I just dont know if i could deal with all the blood work and doctors visits along with it. Have you ever gotten your hormones tested?

yeah i've gotten hormones tested- everything comes back "normal". acne sucks so much. it's about time dermatologists create a topical cream that WORKS for everyone and even for severe acne. acne is such a common skin disease and it's ridiculous that this many people are still suffering in this day and age! it's not fair that all they have to offer are medications that are dangerous/have negative side effects/ weren't even meant for acne! i don't like drugs AT ALL. and i don't like the idea of taking something long term. the only thing i would consider, like you did, is birth control. i'd probably go on ortho-cyclen (recommended by my derm ) but ugh i hate reading about all these side effects and people complaining about problems from the pill. i don't want to have to take hormones. it's like.. acne is really ruining the quality of my life but if the pill is going to make me feel like an emotional wreck, that's not much better, even if my skin is clear. i didn't get bad acne until like end of march/ beginning of april of this year but it's bad.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/08/2015 5:41 pm

Other options to consider:

- inositol

- DIM

- vitamins such as C, D, magnesium, calcium, niacin, etc

- acupuncture/ Chinese herbs

If you are sure your issue is hormonal, that is.

MemberMember
(@geekgirl13)

Posted : 08/30/2015 6:39 am

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying vitex. I've read that can be effective when you're coming off the pill - and also Dim (estroblock brand is the one i tried). I haven't been on vitex long enough to say whether its a success or not. I have noticed a few funny side effects - mainly feeling a bit jittery and really really thirsty ?? I want to keep going with it though cos i have felt the usually horrible breakout i get 'that time of the month' hasnt been as bad. I'll certainly let everyone know if it is my miracle cure :)

MemberMember
(@tippa)

Posted : 10/29/2015 7:28 pm

I have really struggled with hormonal acne when I went off bc pills. There are a lot of bad effects of these pills that Dr.'s don't tell us--we r kind of being used as one big experiment. Anyway, I regret even going on them in the first place but I was naive. I even went back on them after coming off because my acne was so bad--we r talking zits everwhere--face, neck, back and scalp!! I couldn't stand it! I also have endometriosis if that matters. After a lot of research I tried Estroblock with a lot of success. I tried other DIM brands without success. After a while I stopped using Estronblock and started organic vitex and it really helped clear my skin. I've been on it going on two years now and even discussed it with my naturopathic Dr.and he said it was fine to take. I've stopped taking it here and there and I breakout again. I don't know about side effects because I only had a bit of delayed periods--nothing else. I would recommend if you have side effects then take less or try easing into it back taking every other day or something.