Notifications
Clear all

Ok, Wtf Is This?!

MemberMember
(@piechunk)

Posted : 07/30/2015 9:07 pm

I am going to see a dermatologist tomorrow because my face is absolutely painful. I have had this very same recurring whitehead breakout that always comes back in the same spot for over 8 months now. Lately it has been getting worse and staying longer. I am so damn curious as to what is causing this. I eat a healthy diet, avoid sunlight, and do all of the usual stuff. it's mysterious, and does not seem to be related to menstruation, or anything else i can think of. I am a 22 y/o female and i am interested in your opinions.

post-482105-0-59360100-1438308305.jpg

post-482105-0-97821700-1438308322.jpg

post-482105-0-70790600-1438308436.jpg

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 07/30/2015 10:20 pm

The acne on your chin could be related to hormones.

Also, near your period there usually is an androgen raise which can cause over excessively oily skin. However that doesn't explain why it's all clumped together like that.

Try benzoyl peroxide, which the derm may recommend you. It is the best for whiteheads as long as you are not on Accutane.

Good luck!

WadeX

MemberMember
(@burritolift)

Posted : 07/31/2015 12:49 am

I am going to see a dermatologist tomorrow because my face is absolutely painful. I have had this very same recurring whitehead breakout that always comes back in the same spot for over 8 months now. Lately it has been getting worse and staying longer. I am so damn curious as to what is causing this. I eat a healthy diet, avoid sunlight, and do all of the usual stuff. it's mysterious, and does not seem to be related to menstruation, or anything else i can think of. I am a 22 y/o female and i am interested in your opinions.

Had the same thing a few weeks what helps was mixing benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin gel together and they were gone in 2 days. it worked for me it might work for you give it a shot.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/31/2015 7:13 am

I get the same things! They cluster on my upper lip, corners of cheek and around my mouth/chin. Definitely bacterial so a derm may be able to prescribe an anti microbial like BP.

MemberMember
(@cna7)

Posted : 07/31/2015 3:38 pm

This looks like folliculitis... I suggest getting your hands on some antibiotic cream or Derma-E Antiseptic Cream with Tea Tree Oil. Whatever you do, do not pick them... the bacteria will spread. Folliculitis is brought on by an overgrowth of bacteria or fungal (yeast), or both.

Learn more here: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/folliculitis/basics/treatment/con-20025909

A lot of people mistakenly treat folliculitis as acne, but they are not the same...!

Symptoms and prevention: http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-8376/10-signs-you-have-candida-overgrowth-what-to-do-about-it.html