Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HELP!!! I am afraid shaving is causeing me more breakouts, when I have I use neutrogina shaving gel/cream with salacilic acid. I dont like this product. I tried Peter Thomas Roths shave gell with BP. I can not use BP it kills my skin. I use all his other products and love them but I dont know what to do about shaving. If I skip a few days, 2 or 3 underneath my facial hair is develope alot more breakouts Why is that? How do I prevent it? Which shave cream/gel should I use, and which razor blazes? I always feel like I am cutting up my breakouts and cause scaring and spreading the bacteria when I shave. I dont want to do anything drastic such as lazor hair removal PLEASE HELP

Peter Thomas Roths producs were really helping my skin clear up, I used them for about a year, then I got gready and I wanted perfect skin, so I tried the murad three step system, it did not work for me, so I am switching back to peter thomas roth, I am trying a new face wash from them... Beta Hydrocy Acid 2% acne wash , does anyone have any ideas, or sugguestion if this is a good idea and what else I should use, I have never used a BHA wash. The murad was sal. acid which did not work, and since I cant use BP, what other options do i have? its been 7 years now.. ive tried proactive(who hasent) ive done everything I am getting scaring, and enlarged pores, my skin is starting to sag because of all the products and I am only 19! any suggestions on how to stop this? I feel like I have saggy, blackhead , breakout skin with large pores! what should I do......

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks Stephen sad.gif

Gillette Complete Skin Care MultiGlide Shave Gel

and

M3Power Razor

Also this is what you might want to look into..

You have to shave, so do it right. Shaving gels reduce friction between your skin and the blade better than creams or foams, minimizing shaving irritation. Clearasil delivers the added bonus of fighting bacteria on skin's surface, to help prevent acne.

I used the quatro and would only shave after a warm shower and would also heat up the razor make sure its sharp and use some kind of a shaving cream a good one too. I don't have to worry about that now cause Im clear thanks to tane' smile.gif try it if u haven't

I use the M3Power and a 98% Aloe Vera Gel cause I can't stand Gilette and all that stuff.

I shower to warm the skin and use a cleanser to clean dirt off, jump outta shower, apply lot of gel, wait a min for it to sink in and moisturize, start shaving the neck first and other non-acne areas, then shave the jawline etc. I always shave in the direction of the hair growth and never against the grain (upwards).

After shaving I cleanse skin again briefly, then apply a refining mask which I leave on for 10-15 mins. I thought of this as a way of shrinking and closing the pores that I had just opened or exposed by shaving.

The mask hardens and somewhat seals off the area from bacteria that could quickly attach itself to the new layer of skin.

Wash mask off and apply moisturizer.

I use the M3Power and a 98% Aloe Vera Gel cause I can't stand Gilette and all that stuff.

I shower to warm the skin and use a cleanser to clean dirt off, jump outta shower, apply lot of gel, wait a min for it to sink in and moisturize, start shaving the neck first and other non-acne areas, then shave the jawline etc.  I always shave in the direction of the hair growth and never against the grain (upwards).

After shaving I cleanse skin again briefly, then apply a refining mask which I leave on for 10-15 mins.  I thought of this as a way of shrinking and closing the pores that I had just opened or exposed by shaving.

The mask hardens and somewhat seals off the area from bacteria that could quickly attach itself to the new layer of skin.

Wash mask off and apply moisturizer.

Well yeah my acne where I shave has reduced a huge amount. My forehead on the other hand... smile.gif

The Aloe is just a 98% Pure Aloe Vera Gel that I picked up in a health store. Im not sure what the other ingredients are. It just says its a gel you can use as a daily moisturizer. I only use it as a shave gel and apply a considerabble amount.

The mask I use is Dermalogica Refining Mask.

Stephen - you have to try this product. smartshave.com

i had the same problem - not with acne, but just tons of bumps where I shave... this system cleared it up in about a week, and now i don't use anything else. there's no BP, no salycilic acid in it.

also, don't use a triple blade. when you buy the system they send you all the tips on how to shave and that's a big no-no. use a single or double blade.

Which shave cream/gel should I use, and which razor blazes? I always feel like I am cutting up my breakouts and cause scaring and spreading the bacteria when I shave.

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks Stephen  sad.gif