Notifications
Clear all

Questions Abou Ongoing Accutane Treatment

MemberMember
(@teenguy)

Posted : 07/29/2015 3:40 am

Stats: 17yo male78kg

Currently on accutane, not so severe even before, but I asked about a permanent solution for my scars of old acne

I went through:

1-2-3 months 30mg

4th month 40mg

5th (now ending) 50mg

6th (already got the pills) 30mg

My questions (though I should asked my dermo, but I can't reach him)

1) my acne is gone no more break outs since 2nd month, no more pimples since month 2 or maybe 3 but: my face is shiny af! I don't apply alot of moisturising cream lately only when necessary and a lot of lip balm but after I "dry" my face with towel it' still shiny (but not oily). Is it because of accutane orit's going to be permanent?

2) Because of my previous nosebleeds I had to reduce some days back in month 2 to 20mg and now although I started on Feb 27 my pills will last 4-5 days more. Should I start officially the new dose on 02 Aug or 27-28 Jul

PS: I am almost done with my treatment and I am glad that I "suffered" for 6 months to be happy for a lifetime

MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 07/29/2015 4:12 am

The shiny face i think is just caused by the dry skin. My face is really shiny after washing and drying. It should go away within a few months after you stop treatment when your skin goes back to normal.

New dose should be 30 days after so 27-28 july. You are not supposed to try to catch up on doses. If you had to reduce doseage for a couple days count those pills you did not take as lost to keep on your schedule.

MemberMember
(@teenguy)

Posted : 07/29/2015 4:23 am

The shiny face i think is just caused by the dry skin. My face is really shiny after washing and drying. It should go away within a few months after you stop treatment when your skin goes back to normal.

New dose should be 30 days after so 27-28 july. You are not supposed to try to catch up on doses. If you had to reduce doseage for a couple days count those pills you did not take as lost to keep on your schedule.

Thanks a lot!! You have shiny face because of accutane too?

I am starting the new dose today hopefully the dryness will reduce among my shiny face

Hope it doesn't last for a long time (shinny face) cause school starts and I wouldn't like that

MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 07/29/2015 5:31 am

My face gets really shiny when its dry and tight. Its a lot more dry and tight since I started accutane. Moisterizer adds a kinda shine to my face too after using it. I wouldn't worry to much about, should go back to normal after you are done with treatment.

MemberMember
(@teenguy)

Posted : 07/29/2015 7:06 am

My face gets really shiny when its dry and tight. Its a lot more dry and tight since I started accutane. Moisterizer adds a kinda shine to my face too after using it. I wouldn't worry to much about, should go back to normal after you are done with treatment.

thanks!