Notifications
Clear all

Hyperpigmentation For 3 Years........ Is Their Even A Cure For It?

MemberMember
(@andrewb2222)

Posted : 07/28/2015 11:50 pm

So ever since 7th grade I've had hyperpigmentation on my upper lip that would not go away. It started with me picking at zits when I was in 7th but i stopped after like a month but now even when i dont touch the zit, it still leaves a dark mark. Ive been using Meladerm nightly for about a month now (acne-free, Note: that could change at anytime and if i do get a zit, it completely destroys the little progress melderm has made)

So i ask, 3 years later going into 10th grade, is it even possible to get rid of my hyperpigmentation on my upper lip? Its really bad with 5+ dark spots and where there isnt a dark mark, it is still discolored. And if there is a way without the use of hydroquiquione can you tell me becuase im starting to lose hope little (sorry a bit melodramatic)

TLDR: i need more tips on how to get rid of old hyperpigmenation , using meladerm no results and ik i need to keep my skin clear

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 07/29/2015 12:18 am

you can try light chemical peels. lactic acid and salicylic acid are good for starters.

MemberMember
(@hugh1995)

Posted : 07/29/2015 8:57 am

I have red and dark marks that look like acne scars but i'm not sure if they are. In certain lights they look like scars but in others they just look like dark/red marks.. Any advise?

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 07/29/2015 10:43 pm

I have red and dark marks that look like acne scars but i'm not sure if they are. In certain lights they look like scars but in others they just look like dark/red marks.. Any advise?

What Robertioo said

MemberMember
(@andrewb2222)

Posted : 08/16/2015 1:07 pm

What Robertioo said

try to look for an indent, if there is an indent in the skin, then acne scar, but if there is no indent and dark marks then it is hyperpigmentation. Try to use light that is natural because what i find is that unnatural light makes the skin look better than it is