Notifications
Clear all

The Difference Between These Two Products?

MemberMember
(@garnetxvi)

Posted : 07/27/2015 10:57 pm

Hello again!

I've been reading a lot of reviews and statements on blogs on OLAY Regenerist Cream Cleanser.

But a lot of them say "the black tubed one" helped them with their acne and scarring.

This one right here:

[Edited link out]

So what is the difference between that one and this one [other than the size of the tube and probably that that one had been discontinued]

LINK:

I just want to know if one is better than the other because although the 2nd link has some wonderful reviews, I did notice on certain blogs the writers went out of their way to make sure they listed "THE BLACK TUBE" as if it would make a world of a difference.

I just do not want to spend almost 15 dollars more on the black tube and wait for shipping when I can go down to the store and get the other one now if they are both exactly the same. I am also going from natural products back to this but trying new cleansing methods so I am being VERY careful with what I buy.

p.s. it seems the black tube is a bit hard to find too.

UPDATE: I also looked at the ingredients and the black tube has these two while the 2nd link does not:

sodium chloride [seems like just salt to me idk ]
sodium glycolate

Are those important or perhaps unneeded and that is why it was removed?

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 07/27/2015 11:36 pm

They look like the same product with different amounts of cream and a different price in different national measurements of currency.

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 07/27/2015 11:38 pm

Read the packaging, they say different things.

Not exactly sure but I'd go with what you know works instead of wasting money on something that may not work.

EDIT: Glycolic is what you want. Use the black tube for existing breakouts and scarring

What Glycolic Acid does is increase the cell turnover regenerating and fixing skin discoloration and hopefully filling in the scars.

MemberMember
(@garnetxvi)

Posted : 07/28/2015 8:50 am

Read the packaging, they say different things.

Not exactly sure but I'd go with what you know works instead of wasting money on something that may not work.

EDIT: Glycolic is what you want. Use the black tube for existing breakouts and scarring

What Glycolic Acid does is increase the cell turnover regenerating and fixing skin discoloration and hopefully filling in the scars.

I was reading into that! Gosh thank you very much! I think they discontinued the black one, which is a shame. But, I also read the other tube works well too.

So after I clear up I may buy the other one. Thank you again!

ALSO is glycolic Acid the same as sodium glycolate? cause plain glycolic acid isnt listed on either of em

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 07/28/2015 10:06 am

ALSO is glycolic Acid the same as sodium glycolate? cause plain glycolic acid isnt listed on either of em

Yep. No need to worry.

MemberMember
(@garnetxvi)

Posted : 07/28/2015 11:26 am

Yep. No need to worry.

Thank you!!!