Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Only Cleanse At Night?

MemberMember
(@seckf93gj)

Posted : 07/27/2015 11:47 am

I'm still trying to figure out how to keep my mild acne under control. I've tried for the last three weeks cleansing my face with a 2.5 BP cleanser in the morning and before bed. I have only been doing it in the morning and felt maybe this would help. Overall there isn't much difference. I thought maybe I'm wrong to cleanse twice a day...if the BP is doing more harm then good...what if I only cleansed at night and just washed my face with water in the morning, since they say at night is when most stuff has built up on your face...from the day. anyone else just cleanse at night?

But really I think I need to move to another less harsher cleanser. b/c the BP one just seems to be causing pimples to arise.

anyone have any good cleanser suggestions? I'm thinking the SA route, or should I try something less harsh?

help please.. I'm 32 male, been dealing with acne since I was 14. Went to dermatologists as a teen/young adult and nothing ever worked. I feel it may be time to go back at this age, but I really feel anything they give me will just harm my skin. I need to figure this out...and though I'm afraid...I may need to just suck it up and finally try another cleanser since I've been using this BP based one for so long...

MemberMember
(@genuineangel)

Posted : 07/27/2015 10:23 pm

I am the same way. But I'm 19 and have been dealing with acne since I was like 11. Nothing seemed to work. I literally tried EVERYTHING. I just recently ordered Sensiclear. I noticed you have to be very patient with it. It will bring up the pimples that were already going to come out and then will begin to get rid of them. I wash my face and use the whole regimen a d when I wake in the morning I feel refreshed. If you haven't tried this product and have given up on the dermatologist miracle remedies then I would definitely give this a try. If you decide to then be VERY patient because it wont take it away over night like other product "say" they will.

MemberMember
(@seckf93gj)

Posted : 07/28/2015 5:37 am

I think I just need a gentile cleanser for sensitive skin, since I'm over 30 and these harsher ingredients seem to be irritating my skin. any suggestions?

MemberMember
(@genuineangel)

Posted : 07/28/2015 10:00 am

Well that's the thing. Sensiclear is gentle on the skin. It doesn't have benzoyl like other products to and I only wash my face at night and lightly wash with warm water in the mornings.

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 07/28/2015 10:15 am

Hey!

I recommend not using a BP cleanser because they don't work as well as usual BP!

Try to find a cleanser for you (Dry skin, oily skin, normal, combination) And then use that. I also recommend using pure BP on the spots because it works so much better.

5$ Max Strength Derm Recommended for 10 years:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/10801464

Use an oil free moisturizer.

Cetaphil sounds like a good cleanser, or even try a sensitive skin cleanser from Clean & Clear.

If in doubt, look for one you think is good for you and trial and error.

Good luck!

WadeX

MemberMember
(@genuineangel)

Posted : 07/28/2015 11:42 am

Cetaphil is a good brand but it seems to dry out out the face and cause flakiness and it will take away to pimples only for them to come back way worse. Cetaphil is a good brand but it's recommended for people with rosacea. That have rashes and itchy pimply skin. Also Clean and Clear contains benzoyl which is harsh on the skin since it's peroxide.

MemberMember
(@ripvanwinkle)

Posted : 07/28/2015 11:46 am

I never cleanse acne-prone skin at all. It makes my skin produce more oil and quickly. The skin self-cleans and self-lubes; no extra attention necessary.

MemberMember
(@seckf93gj)

Posted : 07/28/2015 1:39 pm

I've been looking at cleanser's like cetaphil. just thought I'd find something with more positive reviews b/c I've read the same things that you say it does about cetaphil so I'm on the fence about it.

I have Neutrogena's sensitive skin oil-free facial moisturizer that I have always used on dry spots and it doesn't break me out. So I figure I should keep using that as my moisutrizer. Is it recommend to use that on my whole face? I know the directions say to, but even if spots aren't dry I have never bothered using a moisterizer on those areas. But it's supposed to be good for the skin to right to apply it to the whole face?

I was trying persa gel a few months ago on any troubled areas I had...and that was a bad idea! I was glad it dried it up so quickly..but it irritated my skin badly, AND, I had bad pimples in the areas that originally was just light. So that's when I realized stronger BP is not the answer. I tried the 10% BP pan oxyl wash too awhile ago, and that was really bad as well, made my forehead really red and irritated, felt like I was sun burnt.

It took me quite awhile to ween myself off of the acnefree 3 step regimen that I had been on for 10 years. I haven't used the toner/lotion in like 6 months and I'm so pleased about that. but since even the BP cleanser still seems to give me pimples all the time, I realized I need to try a gentle cleanser without those harsh ingredients. I had by acne on my back and nothing worked, even tried stuff like apple cider vinegar. then eventually it just got better, and now I just use basic sensitive skin body wash. I get a pimple every once in awhile, but that happens with backs. So I need something more gentle for my face to get it to adapt to my 32 year old skin, not like skin in the late teens/early 20s.

I just need a good cleanser. Sensiclear seems hard to find. I need something easy to find that's gentle, good for sensitive skin, unclogs pours, etc. I've read so many reviews for things, can't decide on one to try. I'm so worried about my skin I want to pick a good one for the first one. I was looking at Dermalogica Ultracalming cleanser. It's pricy but seems well reviewed.

so I'm deciding on:

1. CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

2. purpose gentle cleanser

3. paula's choice Moisture boost cleanser

4. Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser

5. Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser acne

anything else suggested that's better?

attached are some photos my skin.

post-477929-0-35020900-1438108519.jpg

post-477929-0-21156600-1438108520.jpg

post-477929-0-94732400-1438108520.jpg

MemberMember
(@strongbadia5000)

Posted : 07/29/2015 10:54 am

I believe less is more. Everything we use to "help" our skin has some level of negative impact so the ideal situation would be to just wash your face with water but for a lot of us that is just not an option so I would suggest experimenting with a few things. I would try just using a really gentle cleanser morning and night and then just moisturize on spots that seem to get dry if any and then only use the smallest amount possible. You may even want to try just using water to wash your face if you are brave. You can also experiment by only trying these things on say half of your forehead to see what happens for a while. When I cut out a lot of the stuff I was using thinking I was helping my skin my skin got much better.

MemberMember
(@genuineangel)

Posted : 07/29/2015 11:00 am

Sensiclear can be ordered online from eBay. But by the pics your acne isn't horrible. Maybe just use the neutrogena all over the face. Since it is something that isn't causing you to break out. Now another thing I would recommend is using a scrub cloth. At Wal-Mart there are little hand gloves that are like a scubbie material. It gets into the pores and using the neutrogena it should complement eachother.

Attached is my acne which is why I need a deep cleansing and I need a while regimen

My acne

post-481607-0-25563600-1438185547.jpg

MemberMember
(@seckf93gj)

Posted : 07/29/2015 6:18 pm

thanks for the suggestions. For the last four days I stopped washing my face with the BP cleanser at night, and am just using water so it can at least get washed. Then in the morning I've still been using the BP cleanser but a VERY small amount. I used to lather the heck out of my face but now I'm barely using any, just a very tiny dab, hoping it'll ween me off a bit.

Then I think I'll try one of the cleansers in the morning and see what happens. it's really hard to choose. I guess I'll try the neutrogena one.

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 07/29/2015 11:41 pm

It looks like you have very little acne.

I use a product that actually helps a lot keeps skin clear and cleanses it. I use it with a cleanser but it can be a substitute.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Noxzema-Triple-Clean-Anti-Blemish-Pads-90ct/14122691

Closed those open pores too!

It's called Noxzema Ani Blemish Pads. Real cheap.

Salicylic Acid, clears breakouts and prevents new ones. It's worth s shot and really helps me. Use once a day at night because if used more it can cause a lot of redness.

Hope this helps!

WadeX

MemberMember
(@seckf93gj)

Posted : 08/02/2015 2:51 pm

I bought two gentle cleansers but I am so worried about which to try...I read so many good reviews but so many bad ones about how they make people break out and how they burn. If they're gentle then why the heck would they be making people's skin burn!? this is ridiculous!

The two I bought were neutrogena's extra gentle hydrating cleanser creamy formula, and then I decided to get Cerave hydrating cleanser b/c I read better things about that one than the foaming one. I know everyone's skin is different, it's impossible to decide. I may just return them both I don't know what to do.

I looked at the ingreidents to the acnefree cleanser I've been using a small amount of on my face in the morning of, and the neutrogena one has mostly the same exactly ingredients, just the acnefree one has more, and the cerave has a lot more.