Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
exces04

I can't look directly at people...

At school i always catch myself looking away when i talk to people. eusa_wall.gif I'll look into someone's eyes for 1-2 seconds and then ill just look down or to the side or at something and talk to them.

This happen to anyone else??

And i always tell myself that acne doesnt affect me but i guess it really does..

100% of the people here do it. Nothing you can really do about it, just force yourself to if you dont then you wont ever get a job...are you going to go into an interview and stare at the table? or are you going to learn anything by staring at your shoes in class, no....just toughed up and do it. dont be a baby, its only acne- 4 freakin letters....you dont let hair get you down, do you? well its 4 letters long also! who cares they are going to see it anyways you mines well look at them.

ill look kids in the eye, but usually not for long...cuz i know sooner or later their eyes focus somewhere else... like the one zit i have by my lip doubt.gif

at an interview for an office job that i was applying for, the lady couldn't stand to look at my face... i was kind of mystified & saddened by it since i don't really have horrible acne anymore,just oily skin & large pores (the aftermath of acne wars). i dunno why she wouldn't look at me, i don't think my face is that bad??? i was like totally intent on looking her in the eye to make a good impression, but she always looked away.

actually, maybe she was uncomfortable with my staring at her face? she didn't look like she had had any acne problems tho. ah well.

i say, look at people. they most likely don't want to examine your acne & want to just focus on your eyes. that's how i feel when i see someone with like a huge pimple on their chin, i don't want to examine it. i know what it is & how it looks & how it feels to have one.

my golden advice is look at people, but do not look into mirrors.

it's the best way to stay contented. eusa_angel.gif

exactly. I never ever ever look in the mirror unless i really have to...you know to do the hair or summin. otherwise...never. It eases my mind, and i dont worry soo much that way. builds something we all need more of: confidence.

Guest brokencocoon
100% of the people here do it. Nothing you can really do about it, just force yourself to if you dont then you wont ever get a job...are you going to go into an interview and stare at the table? or are you going to learn anything by staring at your shoes in class, no....just toughed up and do it. dont be a baby, its only acne- 4 freakin letters....you dont let hair get you down, do you? well its 4 letters long also! who cares they are going to see it anyways you mines well look at them.

I try and look people in the eye, but I will often look away. If they are jerks though and they don't look at your face, it could be for other reasons too. Maybe they have problems of their own, you never know? But I think you can tell if someone is trying to put you down, maybe because of your acne or maybe they have problems, so then I just look them straight in the eye even more the whole time. My acne has gotten a little better and I've been trying to improve on this because people actually used to ask me why I didn't look at them when they were talking but its hard to get out of old habits.

it depends who it is........

freinds and people i know are ok...

but stangers,, is a no no

even though i made a few new friends at 6form/college this week

Guest >:(

I agree, don't let rape, hate, shit, or lies get you down either! Four letters? Why would that even hurt you? Four letters is nothing compared to six letters or something.

QUOTE(>:( @ Nov 14 2004, 08:22 PM)
I agree, don't let rape, hate, shit, or lies get you down either! Four letters? Why would that even hurt you? Four letters is nothing compared to six letters or something.

haha, i'm amused. ^__^

yeh, people often think I am rude when I don't look at them. Especially if someone is taking right in your face I turn away!

But when you look up you see the frickin disgust in peoples eyes. Its not a mean thing, its more of a "oh shit thats gross, poor guy". Its even worst with your friends as you see them all the time.

I've been getting that look a lot lately.. but sometimes i can't tell if its pity or not...

What I've noticed is there are many different types of looks people can give you:

1) They look at you as you walk past and as soon as you look them in the eye their eyes dart in the other direction (pretty shady)

2) They look at you and when you look back they continue to look with a smirk of disgust on their face ( some like 40yr old did that to me the other day and i stared his ass down as i walked by, but he kept on looking)

3) The pity look (they usually look away once you look them in the eye, but then look back to scope out your face when they think your done staring back)

In all these cases I've been trying to hold my head up high and even stare down anyone who I think might be criticising me in their heads when they get a glimpse of my face. It's pretty hard to do, but I don't want to let some jerkoff think that I'm depressed over my appearance (even though I am) cuz I think then they have to have some respect for me.

*Sigh* How I wish the girls who stare at me were staring cuz they are attracted to me and not repelled or trying to get a better look at me because of my bad skin.

I've had a derm once who couldn't look me in the eyes. He would either roll them back in his head, concentrate on papers in his hands, or examine something unimportant. Very good derm though!

QUOTE(>:( @ Nov 14 2004, 04:22 PM)

Aids is a for letter word... that hurts people. wink.gif