Notifications
Clear all

Hormonal Acne? Help?

MemberMember
(@nomsies)

Posted : 07/26/2015 1:08 pm

A week before my period my face COMPLETELY changes. It looks oily, discoloured, inflamed, bumpy and acne prone. I had a hormone test before my period which showed high androgens but then after I took the test again it was okay, so basically my androgens are high before my periods. I don't want to take the pill for many health concern reasons and I had really bad side effects when I tried. Diet never seems to help me. What do I do? My doctor suggested some type of minocycline or something. I asked for Spiro but he said no. Any other suggestions? Accutane didnt really work for me and gave me the worst nodules of my life so not doing that again...

MemberMember
(@krabb)

Posted : 07/27/2015 9:52 am

Try to use pure chimp super vitamins to have a smooth skin.

I have used it frequently and have no skin problems.

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 07/27/2015 10:58 am

Hello.

Many people have the same problem! Don't worry!

Now, what I have read, hormonal acne shows up around the jawline and chin. Now that is not limited too.

Your oily face, mixed with dead skin cells will cause lesions.

Here's the deal. Continue with your regimen, this happens to many people.

Exfoliate or use an exfoliating product to rid yourself of the dead skin cells.

Cetaphil is great for oily skin, as well as any product with SA.

However, those can be drying so remember to use an oil free non comodegenic moisturizer.

I wish you the best of luck!

WadeX

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 07/27/2015 11:05 am

-MOD EDIT-

Moved to hormonal acne forum

MemberMember
(@killin_it)

Posted : 08/01/2015 4:26 pm

definitely look into anti-androgen supplements. The one i am familiar with (but have not tried yet) is saw palmetto. I recommend doing some research on it because from what i have read, people say it does help with hormonal acne. It works by reducing DHT.

MemberMember
(@t1901)

Posted : 08/02/2015 6:49 pm

How did you change your diet? Some believe otherwise, but I believe diet, and lifestyle factors strongly influence hormones, and in turn, hormonal acne. Dairy products and refined sugars/carbs have been linked to hormonal acne as well as stress. Have you considered or have you already tried to limit these things? Do you stress a lot? Perhaps consider some light walking/jogging/yoga or excersise you like if you don't do any already. Whole foods, spices like cinnamon, and green tea and spearmint tea I've heard help with hormones and excess androgens. I've also heard that fibre, omega 3 rich food and supplements like vitex and DIM can help to lower androgens(but perhaps do research and consult your doctor before taking any supplements). I myself still struggle to find a balance, and you really just have to do your research and listen to your body-things that work for others may not work for you. Perhaps consider a topical and just keep up with a good cleaning, exfoliating and moisturizing regime while you try to find a good diet/excersise/lifestyle routine for your body and skin. If all else fails and diet and lifestyle really isn't helping, maybe get some more in depth tests for your hormones or consult a derm? Hope you find something that works! Hormonal acne is such a pain because you really have to find the root cause, it's super confusing and only you can really know what works