Notifications
Clear all

Epiduo (Tactuo) Progress Reports

MemberMember
(@dahliadivin111)

Posted : 07/25/2015 2:23 pm

Hey

To anyone else who is suffering with acne and is being treated with Epiduo/tactuo I would love to share my progress and talk

I've been on it for a little over one month now and it's hasn't been all bad.. Hasn't been all good. I mean overall it's been way worth it so far, and I'm lucky I'm responding to it in such short time because it takes 12 weeks for proper cell turn over with retinoids. My skin is great on the forehead and chin, it's really my cheeks that are scarred and breaking out. The first month I had major breakouts but now they are dying down. Mostly right now I'm in a rough spot because Its the week before my period and I've become pretty dry and red too. So to everyone else please stick it out!! I will update my weekly Progress here from now on.

Right so I will tell you my regime

Morning: wash with cetaphil oily skin cleanser

- moisturizer with cetaphil 30 spf

- rarely I'll use some makeup (cover girl for sensitive skin) it's never broken me out

- I take vitamin d and vitamin a , zinc and evening primrose oil for hormones

- 3 cups of spearmint tea after meals

- at least 8 cups of water daily

- I don't eat dairy or gluten (I'm actually intolerant is why but when I ignore my intolerances all hell breaks loose)

Evening

- wash with the same cetaphil wash

- wait 15 minutes and apply Epiduo

- wait an hour and apply cetaphil moisturizing cream when needed

I also use raw honey masks almost every day (this really helps)

I also take anti depressants (I have been for 4 years.) it was never acne related obviously but they help tremendously with the hopelessness that many of us feel with out skin. So honestly, if anyone wants to talk and share their progress please do.

My progress so far has been good actually , I see a lot of reviews saying 1 week on Epiduo and my skin is clear!!! And I'm like hahah lucky bitches. The first 3 weeks were not fun. I had initial breakouts on my cheeks mostly but they were big and left marks I still have :/. Now I'm breaking out before my period which is unavoidable. I don't want to mess with my hormones with a birth control right now. Anyways I'm gonna stick out the 3 months and hope for the best, meanwhile updating at least every week? If anyone wants pics I'll post them.

MemberMember
(@lucky987)

Posted : 07/26/2015 12:15 pm

I'll be interested to see how you get on with Epiduo.

I've been using it on/off for about 6 weeks now and not sure what it actually does.

One of the side effects is dry skin which happened upon application for the first few weeks and now my skin doesn't even dry out - maybe it's not working right?

Anyway, keep us posted.

MemberMember
(@becjane1988)

Posted : 07/28/2015 4:39 pm

I'm 12.5 weeks into it. Keep with it - it definitely helps :)

Lucky987 liked
MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 07/29/2015 3:28 am

Hope it works out! I tried it but my skin was way to sensative it could not handle it =(

MemberMember
(@dahliadivin111)

Posted : 07/30/2015 12:07 pm

Okay I couldn't wait a week to update but it's nearly week 6 and hardly any new breakouts! Two little tiny white heads on my cheek and that's all. My skin is super sensitive though, no stinging but if I put a little more of the cream onto an area it will dry up and crack. There's a spot on my lower cheek that's red and cracking, I touched it a bit harshly and it started to bleed so I'm going to be careful about how sensitive my skin is from now on.

I think eating well + the tactuo is really benefiting me. (It's day 39)

MemberMember
(@becjane1988)

Posted : 07/31/2015 5:56 pm

That happened to me around the same time! I was noticing progress but if I picked at all it would scab and I found myself super flaky and had issues wearing make up. I tried rubbing off the dead skin in the shower but it just made my new skin underneath feel raw. The scabbing issue went away around week 8, only the past 2 weeks or so I noticed my skin is barely flaky at all anymore. (I'm on week 13).

MemberMember
(@dahliadivin111)

Posted : 08/05/2015 9:21 am

Are you still breaking out on week 13? Is it lessened?

MemberMember
(@dahliadivin111)

Posted : 08/08/2015 5:14 pm

I'm almost at week 7 and I broke out a couple times this week, but every time I do they're way smaller and they go away easily too. My left cheek I think Is having slower progress cause I would hardly put any tactuo on it at first cause it was clear. Then it started breaking out later and I put it on it so where as my right cheek is very clear except for one flattened bump. Things are going well but I'm hoping to keep reporting until I am really satisfied so others can get an understanding of generally how long it takes too.

I stopped supplementing other than vitamin d though by the way And also I'm vegan other than fish. I know that sounds weird but all meat and dairy makes me sick I'm very allergic to dairy. So fish is all I can eat but i hardly have it anyways.

MemberMember
(@becjane1988)

Posted : 08/08/2015 10:36 pm

I haven't really had anything major since July 21st and I wouldn't even say it was major. I just freak out over 1 pimple haha. But I'm pretty happy with how things are going. I think things will continue to improve too. I am hoping by Month 4 my PIH will be majorly faded or gone. I've noticed it fading a lot. Don't give up if you still get a few spots even though you're entering month 3 :) I went through the same thing and every time I get a spot the time between them increases! Keep updating. I like to check back for the same reason, too many people disappear once they clear up.

MemberMember
(@dahliadivin111)

Posted : 08/11/2015 3:25 pm

You are very lucky then! I'd say I'm doing very well in this moment, red marks are a bitch though

MemberMember
(@dahliadivin111)

Posted : 08/14/2015 12:06 am

So I haven't broken out in a week and this isn't me saying hell yeah I'm cleared, but it's almost 8 weeks so hey, things are going good.

Anyone know how long it takes for pih to fade? Mines not bad but it's annoying as hell and also I have this big scar/scab on my cheek that's all red and bruise like :/ bleh

MemberMember
(@lucky987)

Posted : 08/15/2015 8:01 pm

Congrats Dahliadivin.

Can I ask, did you ever miss a day putting Epiduo on and did it have any effect? sometimes I'm 3 days on then 3 days off. I might get better results just applying every day.

MemberMember
(@dahliadivin111)

Posted : 08/15/2015 9:47 pm

I only ever missed one day during the first week because my skin was sore from putting it on. Now I've used it every night and I think that's how you get really good results, with just a pea size too. My skin is majorly improving right now and I suggest you keep trying with it :)

Lucky987 liked
MemberMember
(@dahliadivin111)

Posted : 08/18/2015 8:30 pm

Things are still going really well :) it's officially been 2 months a couple days ago and literally no breakouts and my face feels smooth as hell!! I'll keep you all updated

MemberMember
(@becjane1988)

Posted : 08/21/2015 10:02 am

I'm Day 112 today and it's been 1 month since I got a bad pustule. I am going off birth control though, so really afraid that might make it worse. Birth Control never helped though (whole reason I went back on them!) so hoping it won't make much of a difference. They make you crazy! I've been off them before and never broke out. Crossing fingers!!

Glad you're progress is going well still :)

MemberMember
(@dahliadivin111)

Posted : 08/22/2015 12:13 am

Hey if you're scared about going off of it I suggest taking a supplement of perhaps vitex (chaste berry) to settle your hormones and then slowly ween off of it. You obviously don't have to do that but I've had some friends go off birth control and do it to make the transition way easier so they wouldn't hormonally breakout.

Wow that's amazing though that you haven't gotten anything bad your skin must look amazing. I'm on day 61 but I can't wait to be where you are.

Also since I'm recording progress on here randomly for my own benefit and whatever I just wanted to talk about holistic treatment cause it has it's ups and downs.

Holistic approaches made me realize I needed to drink way more water, eat the proper things my body needed and relax in order to help myself and my skin but when I was really stressed about clearing my acne I was super impressionable about the things I read on the Internet. A website told me that eating less could help digestion and lessen acne... This was a long time ago but, I went overboard with what not to eat for acne and how much to eat and all that, on top of that I'm already allergic to quite a lot and sometimes there's not much to eat around my house. So when I was eating less I lost a lot of weight , I'm already very underweight and all and I struggled to maintain my mood and skin. When I started getting better with my eating habits I realized the connection with my mood and my eating, and my mood and my acne. I always knew that eating less throughout the day could spike blood sugar and activate hormonal triggers but I didn't know how much it affected me. That's why some people get so cranky when they don't eat, it's normal. When you're under eating your body goes into starvation mode and what does it want to do? Preserve heat!! So it produces a ton more oil in your skin and bam acne. That's another factor.

So I'm sorry for the long post , I just wanted to share that because as good as holistic approaches can be, I wanted to share my experience. Eat well, just eat lots of good whole foods and don't restrain yourself too much ok? Cause it can be dangerous.

MemberMember
(@becjane1988)

Posted : 08/22/2015 1:11 pm

Thanks so much for the suggestion. I'll look into it. I'm not sure when to expect a difference in my hormones, but I'm two weeks off it and feel a lot less moody already haha.

Since your talking about food and how it affects your skin... You're so right. When I started breaking out I too thought it was my calorie intake and drastically reduced my calories after reading a bunch of stuff online and lost like 15-20 lbs. Personally I don't think it helps and it's scary to think it can probably cause some to become very unhealthy and I found it depressing because I would be so obsessed with what I ate and how many calories everything was. I've started realizing its nothing I'm eating really, although through it all I noticed nuts, avacodo and excessive caffeine breaks me out. At least I realized that :)

I'm glad you also saw the light on that too. There's so many crazy claims online and the extremes we take just to achieve the clear skin which some take so much for granted!

I hope we both have continued success :)

Have you noticed a reduction in your scarring yet?

MemberMember
(@dahliadivin111)

Posted : 08/24/2015 6:08 pm

I've noticed that with caffeine too! I also avoid cooking with oils because they seem to break me out. I have noticed my pih lighten from 2 months ago but since new red spots have appeared in those months it's hard to evaluate and appreciate. I use apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and chamomile tea together in a toner because it's really skin lightening or 'bleaching' and I've seen results from that.

Anyways it's been 9 weeks and only 1 new spot this week. It is that time of the month so I'm like??? Only 1? What the hell I usually get a ton. Sweet.

I'm hoping things will continue going up from here

Also gotta keep reminding myself not to pick, it always makes things worse and never benefits but is so hard sometimes !

But yeah, especially since epiduos a skin thinner don't mess with your skin it will make things a lot worse than it previously was

MemberMember
(@dahliadivin111)

Posted : 08/26/2015 11:38 am

So I broke out into a large pumple beside my eye which sucks because I haven't broken out at all like they in a while sigh. Oh well, it's not like it's been 3 months yet

MemberMember
(@dahliadivin111)

Posted : 08/27/2015 9:27 pm

Okay so yes I just talked about how I broke out yesterday but it's already a tiny red spot and I'm actually so happy with my skin it's kind of ridiculous. Like it looks fantastic I think. Wow, I'm happy.

MemberMember
(@becjane1988)

Posted : 08/28/2015 8:25 am

Yeah, just remember it's not perfect! But everyone gets a zit now and then. I got my first one in awhile on Weds and it's already gone. I freak out when I get a spot too. We must be afraid of it going back to how it was. Glad you're still doing good!!

MemberMember
(@dahliadivin111)

Posted : 08/29/2015 10:29 pm

Yeah a lot of the time it's like your fighting against it because it feels so delicate because of what you've gone through with it.

I'm doing very well still and it's almost 10 weeks? Things are really going well.

I have some bad red marks but no real scarring (I don't think) anyways, I don't think it will take forever to fade but I wonder what I could do to speed up the process.. I know retinoids contain vitamin a which speeds up cell generation but I wonder if there's anything else I could do.

MemberMember
(@dahliadivin111)

Posted : 08/31/2015 2:51 pm

10 weeks and for the last little bit I've finally felt reprieve from skin issues. It's so relieving, crossing my fingers that it keeps up like this.

vainpot25 liked
MemberMember
(@vainpot25)

Posted : 09/01/2015 12:22 am

Seeing your posts make me so motivated to stick it out with my tiny breakouts as well. Hoping i get to being happy with my skin as well! :)

MemberMember
(@dahliadivin111)

Posted : 09/01/2015 8:08 pm

I'm glad because for a whole my skin was making me feel hopeless, and things have taken a 180 turn and I feel way more confident! Imagine how much better things will be with time, some people say 6-12 months cleared them for good and the negative things I've read have always been only a couple months into the treatment.