Notifications
Clear all

Blackheads On Accutane

MemberMember
(@lus4279)

Posted : 07/25/2015 10:17 am

So I have been on Accutane over a month now and was just wondering what are the effects it has on blackheads? As this is one of my main problem areas. I have read a few posts on here with people say that towards the third to fourth week most of there blackheads seemed to get bigger as they were purging and shortly after they just fell out or came out when wiped with a towel or something.

Had my check up with my dermatologist last week and she said that the blackheads will dissapear after the nodular acne. I thought that was a bit unusual but thats what she said. So anyone had blackheads on accutane? and when did you notice them disappearing?

Maybe I'm just impatient though as I'm only taking 30mg daily.

MemberMember
(@tfios22)

Posted : 07/25/2015 6:00 pm

While on accutane, my blackheads were mostly concentrated on my nose and I did experience more of them coming out. Within 2 or 3 months in (sounds like a long time, but then again, I've had these same blackheads for a loongg time), they were literally falling out. I would go to rub my nose and I could feel them on the surface so it was quite easy to rub them off!

I was on 40mg/day.

lus4279 liked
MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 07/26/2015 2:50 am

I'm a few weeks in and have crazy blackheads right now. Almost every pore on my nose is clogged. Looks dirty and feels really rough when washing my face. From things I have read a few months in they should be gone, everything is just being pushed out!

lus4279 liked
MemberMember
(@lus4279)

Posted : 07/26/2015 5:03 am

While on accutane, my blackheads were mostly concentrated on my nose and I did experience more of them coming out. Within 2 or 3 months in (sounds like a long time, but then again, I've had these same blackheads for a loongg time), they were literally falling out. I would go to rub my nose and I could feel them on the surface so it was quite easy to rub them off!

I was on 40mg/day.

I'm a few weeks in and have crazy blackheads right now. Almost every pore on my nose is clogged. Looks dirty and feels really rough when washing my face. From things I have read a few months in they should be gone, everything is just being pushed out!

Awesome thanks guys 2-3 months hopefully I should start seein some results in a few weeks then. Chris what dosage of accutane were you on?

tfios22 liked
MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 07/26/2015 6:39 am

I'm currently 3 weeks into 80mgs.

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 07/29/2015 7:00 am

So the blackheads will be gone while we are on Accutane, but what about after we come off? Will we not get blackheads anymore? That sounds too good to be true.

MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 07/29/2015 8:43 am

No promises but yes. Blackheads and plugs are cause by sebum. If you have no sebum you will not have all the pluggs. Some people still have clogged pores after but some thier complexion smooths out and the pores shrink .