Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey dude just wanting to know your thoughts about using a complete microdermabrasion system for a long period of + a retanoid to help with scars?

when i mean a long time im talkin years.

Dermanew microdermabrasion experience for example.

Fire away.

Hi, I am unsure of what results you might get from years of constant microdermabrasion and retinoids. My super oldguy powers of skin self-preservation would forbid me from recommending that. :oldguy superhero emoticon:

Seriously, though, I have read posts from people I consider credible who said that even those cream "microdermabrasions," (falsely labeled?) seem to temporarily help shallow scars. But the scars always come back. sad.gif I think it may be unwise to do harsh things to your skin long-term, anyway. The retinoid would make it even harsher, and some docs believe that those actually work because of the irritation rather than anything special about vitamin A itself. I wish I had a better answer for you.

hi oldguy ...

i have a question also ... smile.gif

when u performed tca cross to your self ... how hard did u press the toothpick into u r scar? and how long did u wait to do the 2nd set of cross after having 1st...

are you happy with the result so far ?

aw thanks for ur time ...

marce, I pressed pretty hard, but not so hard that it would risk having the toothpick stab right through the skin. I explained things in the thread, but what I did was this. I crossed 2 places, then I did 3 more about a week later. My plan was to wait a month for the second round, so I will probably do it at the beginning of next week, in case I go out to a club or something this weekend. (The 10th was my 1-month mark) I also am itching to try some shallow rolling scars on my cheeks, so I think I will do that on 1 or 2 as well. It is the front of my face so it's even more scary; ninja.gif all the other ones I have done were near my ears. I am happy so far, 4 of the 5 have been filling up with collagen. Or, at least enough that I can see a difference.

Hello oldguy, Thank you for your wisdom on the myriad of questions we ask! Did you use 100% TCA? Also I thought you could only do this effectively on icepick scars. Please advise. Thank you, Linny

Hello oldguy,  Thank you for your wisdom on the myriad of questions we ask!  Did you use 100% TCA?  Also I thought you could only do this effectively on icepick scars.  Please advise.  Thank you, Linny

Seriously, though, I have read posts from people I consider credible who said that even those cream "microdermabrasions," (falsely labeled?) seem to temporarily help shallow scars. But the scars always come back. sad.gif