Notifications
Clear all

Bad Sunburn Has Made My Pih Return?

MemberMember
(@lennon33)

Posted : 07/24/2015 4:58 pm

Hey everyone so last weekend (6 days ago) I went outside for about 3 hours by a lake and got sunburnt bad. My arms and legs and face got the worst of it. My face actually peeled twice (which I believe means this was a second degree burn) and then scabbed. The scabs have come off and most of my face looks just a shade red now. I'm assuming this will fade in another week.

What I'm concerned about is that an old PIH red mark that had been gone for about a year, after staying on my face for over a year, is much redder than the rest of my face. This PIH mark was from a boil beneath my eye that blew up the size of a golf ball and had to be drained due to inflammation.

Needless-to-say, I'm worried because this old red mark was gone before being sun burnt. And is now very red. Do any of you know if this will heal quickly with the rest of my face or if this is going to take many months to die down like the first time (even thought this is from a burn, not inflammation)..?

This really is depressing me and I'd like to hear everyone's input!

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 07/24/2015 7:54 pm

Stay out of the sun and go see whoever got rid of that boil in the first place or whatever you did to fade it

MemberMember
(@lennon33)

Posted : 07/24/2015 9:04 pm

Stay out of the sun and go see whoever got rid of that boil in the first place or whatever you did to fade it

Well honestly that mark took a little over a year to fade, and took a couple IPL (?) lasers..

Sort of regretting my line of work right now, I always had a very outgoing personality so I chose a social career.

Now I wish I could just sit behind a monitor all day writing code.. Any advice on this redness would be much appreciated.

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 07/24/2015 9:14 pm

It should fade back to normal with sunscreen and wearing a hat

MemberMember
(@lennon33)

Posted : 07/30/2015 12:16 pm

Update: the spot literally scabbed up. Then the scab fell off (on its own). And now the spot is a light pink and has been like this for roughly 2 days.

So I'm not sure if its PIH that will last a long time or just your normal pink skin after a scab falls off that lasts a week or two. :(

MemberMember
(@fazeres)

Posted : 07/30/2015 2:33 pm

PiH take a couple of months to heal i think.

MemberMember
(@lennon33)

Posted : 08/15/2015 5:07 pm

An update for future readers:

It's been exactly 4 weeks since the sunburn and all of the redness has ALMOST gone away. My face is just an even shade of light-pink; no blotchy spots anymore. I'm confident this will fade within another 2 weeks.