Notifications
Clear all

Just 2 Weeks Of Accutane And Extreme Hair Loss

MemberMember
(@beera)

Posted : 07/23/2015 11:56 pm

I am 23 years old male from india and my cystic acne kind of returned which was treated by derms with no accutane and from last 4 years i never had major breakouts. Just some occasional pimples. This time its intensity was very low so my derm just put me on 3 week accutane course to control sebum production in body. I was on 40 mg a day. Althought i never had a single pimple since i started accutane n i got cleared in almost 10 days. But what i noticed is extreme hairfall and dry scalp in just 14 days so i stopped it.

My question is will my hairfall stop? If it will how many days it gonna take?

And can i use accutane later for sebum control like 10 mg twice or once a week without causing hairloss?

MemberMember
(@beera)

Posted : 07/25/2015 7:33 am

Somebody please reply!!!

MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 07/26/2015 6:50 am

Hey, are you certain you are losing more? I only ask because we naturally lose several hundred of hairs a day. I knew when I started B5 megadosing I was so concerned about the hair loss side effect that I starting paying close attention and became paranoid about the hair I was losing. I would have 5-10 pieces everytime I ran my hand through my hair...turns out it was normal and I just had not noticed before. Hair loss is really rare on accutane and normally doesn't happen right away. If you are just having hair thinning it generally starts coming back shortly after stopping treatment.

Beera liked
MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 07/26/2015 7:47 am

I agree with the above post... When I confronted my derm about it before I started accutane she said in the hundreds of people she has treated, she has NEVER heard of anyone having hair loss. She said obviously it happens to some people because it's on the side effect list but that's it..

Also I don't understand why you're on it. Accutane IS a very strong medication for acne... If you don't suffer from acne then you really have no place to be on it, and if your hair loss really is 'extreme' then why would you even consider it again in the future if all you suffer with is oily skin? Most people do

Beera liked
MemberMember
(@beera)

Posted : 07/28/2015 3:08 pm

I recentely found that what accutane triggers is telogen effluvium also known as hair shedding but its also a fact that it can even long till 6 months. So stopping accutane wont stop hair shedding. Mine are shedding too and its almost a week after just 2 weeks of accutane and i can see no improvements in my hair fall.

So just have to deal with it.

Stupid derms!!!!!!!!!!!