Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I actually had this happen to me once . I was applying for a hotel job as a waiter and they told me my "facial complications" will distract people and ruin their experience at the hotel restaurant . I simply gave them a huge middle finger and left the interview . I was completely shocked and made me feel really bad about myself . I stopped looking for jobs for a while because I didn't want this to happen again . Complete self esteem killer if you ask me .

I actually had this happen to me once . I was applying for a hotel job as a waiter and they told me my "facial complications" will distract people and ruin their experience at the hotel restaurant . I simply gave them a huge middle finger and left the interview . I was completely shocked and made me feel really bad about myself . I stopped looking for jobs for a while because I didn't want this to happen again . Complete self esteem killer if you ask me .

the same situation happened to me , but this time as receptionist , i know how this hurt !

That has to be some sort of discrimination which is illegal. The nerve of some people.

That's absolutely discrimination and I'm certain you could take whoever said that to court.

Acne and skin disorders are not things we can control, such as skin colour, and, as such, legally they can not refuse you a job because of that. Obviously they can refuse you without actually saying the true reason, but if they say it's because of how you look it's discrimination.

I made a similar thread to this last month and 100% believe that people with acne are overlooked in the interview process.

Even though employers still follow the book in terms of the interview structure it's when they are allowed to discuss candidates off the record when you're instantly wiped out of the running.

For an employer to directly make remarks about your face in the interview as to why you wouldn't be suitable then you have a strong case to take action against them.

It's disgusting.

That's awful, I'm so sorry that happened to you!

Oh I completely believe this. I took some time away from teaching and so far when I've looked for something new no one seems to want me. I can't help but wonder if it's my scarring. I have plenty of experience and excellent qualifications. Sucks.