Notifications
Clear all

Keeping An Acne Scab Moist Or Dry, Which Is Better To Heal Quicker?!

MemberMember
(@restfulshorts)

Posted : 07/23/2015 9:24 am

I had a pimple on my cheek and (yes, bad I know) I popped it and it just got very red. Then, I woke up this morning and theres a huge red scab on my cheek! I've always asked if it's better to keep these dry so they fall off easier or if it's better to keep them moist, and I get different answers. I just want to know the quickest method to get RID of this ugly thing. Please help!

MemberMember
(@zippygent)

Posted : 07/23/2015 12:35 pm

When i have an angry pimple/scab i just spot treat it with neosporin just make sure you don't pick at it

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 07/23/2015 3:02 pm

I use triamcinolone acetonide in any event that I do have cuts or open wounds. It's anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory so it makes my skin heal quicker. But you should consult with a doctor before using this stuff since it is a corticosteroid.

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 07/23/2015 3:50 pm

keep it moist with (aquaphor or polysporin ) that's will help healing until scab fall alone , and then use a moisturizer

MemberMember
(@restfulshorts)

Posted : 07/24/2015 2:12 pm

MemberMember
(@snowflake01)

Posted : 07/24/2015 6:24 pm

Absolutely, hands down, keep it moist. I promise you. Personally, I recommend using bacitracin not Neosporin. more people break out from Neosporin and similar. This is what doctors told me and I experienced. Bacitracin, with a small piece of medical tape on top or band aid if that's what you have. It worked for me but everyone's skin is different. I hope this helps a bit.

MemberMember
(@1nov)

Posted : 07/27/2015 9:57 pm

Shea butter is good for avoiding scars . good luck .