You Know What The H...

Notifications
Clear all

You Know What The Hardest Thing About Finding A Good Acne Treatment Is?

MemberMember
(@pickleshmickle)

Posted : 07/23/2015 3:43 am

It's the fact that your acne typically gets worse on effective treatments before it gets better. I bet one of the random things one of us has tried is actually very effective at treating acne long term, we just give up on it becuase it breaks us out right away. What a ridiculous disease this is.

MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 07/23/2015 6:18 am

Well this has been my thought when trying stuff aswell. I've generally give 3-6 months with treatments...all it got me was 3-6 months of horrible breakouts and a lot of aftermath to deal with.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/23/2015 10:33 am

I agree somewhat. I find that the older I get, the harder it is for me to be patient when trying new things.

MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 07/30/2015 7:13 am

I agree somewhat. I find that the older I get, the harder it is for me to be patient when trying new things.

I find it harder now that I'm older because when I was younger I had more hope. I thought everything was going to work to clear me. Why wouldn't it? Its advertised, or a doctor prescribed. Its not so much that I'm older but the fact that I've tried so much stuff that I'm much less optimistic when something new comes along.

MemberMember
(@strongbadia5000)

Posted : 08/04/2015 9:54 am

If things don't improve right away I can stick with something new to give it a chance but I believe if things actually get worse after using something new you have to stop using it. I have had really bad experiences thinking things would get better eventually. It's just not true.

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 08/04/2015 3:53 pm

I totally agree with this post.

Because of it Im a chiken to try new treatments for my acne. Im to much affraid to have a breakout. I know it would hurt me and bcz of it I would stop the treatment and feeling even worse.

MemberMember
(@frustrated1985)

Posted : 08/05/2015 1:24 pm

This is exactly how I feel about it lol. Kinda scared to try treatments for the same reason. Doctor tells me there is a chance it might get worse before it gets better....so what happens if it doesn't get better?

Then I guess you just made me worse lol.