Notifications
Clear all

Oral Coconut Oil Causing Break Out; Anyone Experience This?

MemberMember
(@pickleshmickle)

Posted : 07/23/2015 3:25 am

I started consuming coconut oil because I read it could treat oral thrush and that it was supposedly good for people wiht acne. Any, it's giving me a nice ugly breakout in regions I usually don't get acne often. Anyone experiecne this?

MemberMember
(@ripvanwinkle)

Posted : 07/24/2015 9:22 am

Never and I eat tons. Are you using unrefined? Close to the source as possible is probably best.

MemberMember
(@pickleshmickle)

Posted : 07/25/2015 3:28 pm

Never and I eat tons. Are you using unrefined? Close to the source as possible is probably best.

No, it's unrefined virgin. The breakouts seem to have subsided, so hopefully it's done now.

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 07/27/2015 12:26 pm

No, it's unrefined virgin. The breakouts seem to have subsided, so hopefully it's done now.

I think it may be a purging phase. How long have you been eating it and how much?

MemberMember
(@pickleshmickle)

Posted : 07/27/2015 5:18 pm

I think it may be a purging phase. How long have you been eating it and how much?

I gave it about 7 days. Two cysts later, I'm throwing in the towel. I was doing better off without it. Maybe I have an allergy or something. I'm beginning to think Candida wasn't my problem anyway.