Notifications
Clear all

Skin Care Set For Male Acne?

MemberMember
(@medstudent2015)

Posted : 07/22/2015 12:42 am

Hi Guys!

So I joined this site for myself to get some insight as how to treat my light acne. Thankfully, I got that under control now. However, my boyfriend has been breaking out lately and I can tell he is feeling insecure about his skin. I love him so much and want him to feel as handsome as I see him. Having struggled with acne myself, I know how depressing it can be to look in the mirror and see a face full of pimples. So I have come here to ask for help.

I let him borrow some of my products but what I think he needs is his own skin care set to use regularly (cleaner, toner, moisturizer). His acne isn't very severe. He just has oily skin that requires a little more attention. (Typically he just splashes some bar soap on his face and calls it a day.) For the most part, I think he has grown out of his acne, minus the occasional break out here and there. He does, however, have some old marks/scars from when he had more severe acne in high school.

Being a typical guy, he is low maintenance. I also get the feeling that he is too embarrassed to buy acne products for himself, or maybe he thinks it is "too feminine" to have a skin care regimen. Either way, if any of you guys have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Like I said, he is a low maintenance guy so I'm not looking for designer products, just some basic stuff that will be simple enough for consistent use.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 07/22/2015 6:31 am

the acne.org routine is simple and no perfume, would be perfect if he can tolerate BP (and bleached shirts!...or just use it at night)

the bigger challenge will be getting him to use more than a bar of soap, that's the tough part!

MemberMember
(@medstudent2015)

Posted : 07/22/2015 3:33 pm

the acne.org routine is simple and no perfume, would be perfect if he can tolerate BP (and bleached shirts!...or just use it at night)

the bigger challenge will be getting him to use more than a bar of soap, that's the tough part!

We live together and I have blue sheets... plus he wears a lot of darker colors so I don't think BP is the right medicationfor him. Do you know of any trusted products that won't bleach everything?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 07/23/2015 10:17 am

the other popular option is salicylic based products....I personally prefer those- just read labels and go slow to start

but he needs a good acne wash in the shower, then a SA topical that hopefully once a day he can get in the habit of applying

at night get him the stridex pads to sweep over and clean everything at the end of the day - guys aren't into the full face wash and since they don't wear makeup it's not as critical

but SA will not bleach sheets, so it's a good choice to start with

MemberMember
(@medstudent2015)

Posted : 07/23/2015 12:53 pm

the other popular option is salicylic based products....I personally prefer those- just read labels and go slow to start

but he needs a good acne wash in the shower, then a SA topical that hopefully once a day he can get in the habit of applying

at night get him the stridex pads to sweep over and clean everything at the end of the day - guys aren't into the full face wash and since they don't wear makeup it's not as critical

but SA will not bleach sheets, so it's a good choice to start with

Thanks! I will go by the drug store today. :)