Notifications
Clear all

Sudden Breakout

MemberMember
(@tutzworldhd)

Posted : 07/21/2015 2:14 pm

Hello everyone. OK So I am 21 years old and a male. For about 2 weeks I had perfect skin. Not a single pimple or anything. And then suddenly since last week I have had a huge breakout which consists of whiteheads on the both side of my face and on my lip. Also with this came along severe breakout of acne on my scalp and the side of my head between my hair. It is so painful that it was very hard for me to shower. I also got some on my chest but they are read and its not that much.

I mean I was OK for 2 weeks and then suddenly this? Could this be like puberty coming to an end or something? It is really pissing me off to be honest.

Any ideas anyone?

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 07/23/2015 3:43 pm

I would suggest trying a anti dandruff shampoo..it could be folliculitis or some kind of staph

MemberMember
(@burritolift)

Posted : 07/23/2015 11:42 pm

Hello everyone. OK So I am 21 years old and a male. For about 2 weeks I had perfect skin. Not a single pimple or anything. And then suddenly since last week I have had a huge breakout which consists of whiteheads on the both side of my face and on my lip. Also with this came along severe breakout of acne on my scalp and the side of my head between my hair. It is so painful that it was very hard for me to shower. I also got some on my chest but they are read and its not that much.

I mean I was OK for 2 weeks and then suddenly this? Could this be like puberty coming to an end or something? It is really pissing me off to be honest.

Any ideas anyone?

HMM.. have you eaten or done something that might have triggered it. I too was in the same boat several weeks ago. I was outside sweating a lot and broke out all of a sudden.

MemberMember
(@cna7)

Posted : 08/01/2015 4:13 pm

This sounds like a staph infection, I suggest heading to the doctors for a 10-day antibiotic course. Staph infections are very painful and must be treated with antibiotics or you can develop MRSA (methicillin-resistant staphyloccus aureus) which is something you definitely do not want.

It could be a staph infection if you;

had contact with someone else who was infected,

went to the gym (where a lot of staph lives),

rubbed an infected towel on your head/face,

used a razor blade that was infected (if I don't change my razors often, I get small staph infection on my legs)

I would see a doctor if this is kind of rash or breakout is uncommon for you. You can see a normal doctor too, you don't need a derm to diagnose staph infections.