Notifications
Clear all

Just Had My First Subcision

MemberMember
(@ketuhope)

Posted : 07/20/2015 4:38 pm

I just had my first subcision 10 days ago, on my left cheek where there is a lot of scarring in one area, but it looks horrible under certain lighting.

After the procedure, my cheek was swollen as many people have said here, and the surface of my cheek was smooth because of the swelling.

Now 10 days later, all my scars have reappeared, and I think one of my scars got a little bit bigger. And I think there is one new scar that has emerged that was smaller before, but got a little bit bigger too. But for the most part, my cheek looks the same.

Since a couple of my scars got a little bigger, does that mean the subcision didn't work or maybe the surgeon did it incorrectly? They only got a little bit bigger and everything else is just the same.

Is there going to be any improvement later on in a few weeks?

MemberMember
(@miloish)

Posted : 07/21/2015 5:13 am

Hi ketuhope!!

I am thinking of subcision as well.. So u don't see any improvements on the scars?

MemberMember
(@ronron)

Posted : 07/21/2015 9:54 pm

Sorry to hear that. Subcision just like any other treatment is pretty much hit or miss, my scars relapsed as well after subcision(plus suction) downtime but did not get any worse. Maybe your surgeon was inexperienced and did not perform it correctly. Also from what Ive read on the forums and research articles, you usually need multiple session of subcision. I would wait few more weeks and see if any improvement happens, and possibly do 1 more subcision treatment with a different experienced surgeon.

Out of all the honest reviews I've seen on the forums with before and after pictures(not shady pictures with different angles, lighting, photoshop) from real users(not fake users promoting their crappy product). The treatments that have worked for people seem to be Subcision, Tca cross, Stem cell? I think(Search Ernesto's thread), and a French doctor who plugs some fat into acne scars and dermabrasion after to level it with your normal skin.

MemberMember
(@miloish)

Posted : 07/22/2015 7:58 am

thanks a lot! I have not done subcision. I had some boxcar / rolling scars on my temples and the derm suggested subcision. as for the more shallow rolling scars on my cheeks - mixto laser.

trying to decide if I should try subcision - I am just worried that the scar may worsen. :)

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 07/22/2015 8:39 pm

What you may be seeing is residual uneven swelling, which can make weird looking shadows and make things look worse than it is. It's hard to say without pictures. I would give it a little more time for things to settle to make a true evaluation. That said, subcision may require a few sessions if the scars are particularly deep.

MemberMember
(@ketuhope)

Posted : 07/22/2015 8:46 pm

Yeah, I am looking at my face, and now there is one really tiny area that seems to have filled in just a little bit, but it's just a really small area, it is not something to celebrate.

And actually, now my face seems like it just went back to the way it was before, maybe just slightly worse but not something I would feel depressed about anymore. It might fill in later.

But, only 12 days have passed, so I guess I will report back to you guys later in a few weeks. The doctor wanted to check my face in 6 weeks for a 10 minute appointment to check on the progress.

I am thinking of doing a second subcision.

I also did some suction for about a week, but then I stopped because my old scars came back, so I thought it wasn't working.

If you do suction, is it normal for the scars to reappear?

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 07/26/2015 10:19 pm

Sorry to hear that. Subcision just like any other treatment is pretty much hit or miss, my scars relapsed as well after subcision(plus suction) downtime but did not get any worse. Maybe your surgeon was inexperienced and did not perform it correctly. Also from what Ive read on the forums and research articles, you usually need multiple session of subcision. I would wait few more weeks and see if any improvement happens, and possibly do 1 more subcision treatment with a different experienced surgeon.

Out of all the honest reviews I've seen on the forums with before and after pictures(not shady pictures with different angles, lighting, photoshop) from real users(not fake users promoting their crappy product). The treatments that have worked for people seem to be Subcision, Tca cross, Stem cell? I think(Search Ernesto's thread), and a French doctor who plugs some fat into acne scars and dermabrasion after to level it with your normal skin.

what french doctor?