Using Multiple Mois...

Notifications
Clear all

Using Multiple Moisturizers

MemberMember
(@sven278)

Posted : 07/19/2015 12:42 am

Hello all,

I've been on the Regimen for about 1 month now. Still breaking out but I think things are starting to get better, which makes me really excited for month 2! I do have one quick question regarding moisturizers. I was wondering if mixing moisturizers is okay to do? I am in front of people a lot during the day and have been pretty self-conscious of all of my red marks left behind from once active spots. If I have a big event at work that requires me to be in front of a lot of people I typically add an extra step to my regimen as follows:

1) Do the regimen properly in the morning (follow all of the directions)

2) Apply Dan's moisturizer (wait 10 minutes)

3) Add addition moisturizer combination 50% CeraVe Facial moisturizing lotion SPF 15 with Neutrogena Healthy Skin enhancer

So pretty much the combination I like to wear of a tinted moisturizer to hide redness significantly and also a light sunscreen as an extra layer on my face.

Is this okay to do on the regimen? or am I adding too many variables? The only worry that I have is that I am still breaking out a little because of doing this last step a few days out of the week because I am adding too many layers of stuff on my face.... but at the same time I really feel more confident with the tinted moisturizer hiding old and active acne and redness on my face. Thank you all!

MemberMember
(@sven278)

Posted : 07/20/2015 10:38 pm

Thank you so much for your reply Control Panel! It really means a lot to me!

Currently have gone since Friday without using the Neutrogena and CeraVe SPF moisturizer. Definitively going to try to avoid using them as much as possible then. It's hard to not hide behind my tinted moisturizer mask during the day but no one really had to look at me for the past 5 days, haha (the Neutrogena really works well with my skin to cover up the red and red marks). I think if the end of this month goes well and I am going to start experimenting with the AHA and Jobala oil that is in the advanced regimen kit. Really excited to start combating the red marks and general redness and currently don't feel as self conscious about my current breakout cycle. At about 1 month in I am still breaking out at a rate of about 1 medium-tiny size pustule/cyst every day and a half. Hopefully reduces even further by the end of the month like the current trend