Notifications
Clear all

Is There A Limit To How Many Times You Should Dermaroll Your Face ?/

MemberMember
(@ripcolin9703)

Posted : 07/17/2015 9:47 pm

I have done 6 rolls with 1.5 derma roller, I figured I should do 12 all together , than maybe move up to a 2.0 mm derma roller and do 12 of those? Any suggestions anyone ?????

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 07/18/2015 7:07 am

You're only supposed to roll once every 6 weeks if you're using a 1.5 mm roller. Other than that, there's no limit. You can roll for the rest of your life if you want to. :)

0.2-0.25 mm dermaroller may be used daily or every other day. This size improves the absorption of applied skin care products.

0.5 mm dermaroller may be used once every 3 weeks.

0.75 mm dermaroller may be used once every 4 weeks.

1.0 mm dermaroller may be used once a month (every 5-6 weeks).,

1.5 mm dermaroller may be used once every 6 weeks.

2.0-2.5 mm dermaroller may be used once every 8 weeks.

MemberMember
(@healthnut91)

Posted : 07/18/2015 9:34 pm

You're only supposed to roll once every 6 weeks if you're using a 1.5 mm roller. Other than that, there's no limit. You can roll for the rest of your life if you want to. :)

0.2-0.25 mm dermaroller may be used daily or every other day. This size improves the absorption of applied skin care products.

0.5 mm dermaroller may be used once every 3 weeks.

0.75 mm dermaroller may be used once every 4 weeks.

1.0 mm dermaroller may be used once a month (every 5-6 weeks).,

1.5 mm dermaroller may be used once every 6 weeks.

2.0-2.5 mm dermaroller may be used once every 8 weeks.

Ideally, you should not use a dermaroller with length greater than 0.5mm, otherwise you start to create horizontal tears in your skin. If you wish to use a length greater than 0.5mm consider using a dermastamp, which guarantees only vertical needling if used correctly.

MemberMember
(@ripcolin9703)

Posted : 07/19/2015 2:07 am

Healthnut 91, I have researching about the derma roller for years and that is the 1st I heard of this.......

MemberMember
(@healthnut91)

Posted : 07/20/2015 6:56 pm

Healthnut 91, I have researching about the derma roller for years and that is the 1st I heard of this.......

(jump to 2:30)

Check out the video above which shows how the dermapen (a professional-type dermastamp used in practice) works in comparison to a dermaroller. I will try and find the other sources I came across as I discovered this implication a while back. It does kind of makes sense though if you think about the mechanics of dermarolling vs dermastamping...

MemberMember
(@ripcolin9703)

Posted : 07/20/2015 8:08 pm

The people on that video are also trying to sell the derma stamp electric pen for 300 dollars too, I have also read that that electric stamp could put scars on your face because while its going in your skin people move it side to side while its still in there, other than that one website have u seen any other information about that being true

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 07/20/2015 11:23 pm

That's micro-tearing for you. Check Owndoc's version of the automated stamp (I own one myself). http://derminator.owndoc.com/. Therre's a small section towards the bottom where it briefly goes over micro tearing. I highly recommend the product

MemberMember
(@ripcolin9703)

Posted : 07/21/2015 2:34 am

Okay so a derma roller will do micro tearing but a derma stamp wont, why do u need a machine, I also read another article about the electric derma pen causing scarings because when your moving it it can still be in your skin

MemberMember
(@ripcolin9703)

Posted : 07/21/2015 9:38 pm

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me dermapen saying derma rollers cause micro tearing, than dermanator saying dermpens cause micro tearing when the last two products are both hundreds of dollars and don't want people buying 7 dollar dermaroller so they can make a killing....

MemberMember
(@iveyyoda)

Posted : 07/21/2015 10:41 pm

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me dermapen saying derma rollers cause micro tearing, than dermanator saying dermpens cause micro tearing when the last two products are both hundreds of dollars and don't want people buying 7 dollar dermaroller so they can make a killing....

Dermapen and dermanator in its essence should perform the same function. It's a shame how easy it it to manipulate the market for acne scars products or beauty products, and make a killing of it. I've yet to see a substantive proof of dermaroller/dermapen working on any legit acne scars(not extremely shallow and small box scars). Don't show me subcision+dermapen results, subcision does all the work and ive seen results where people have gotten results with only subcision. Show me results from honest users on this website, you can search the entire forum website and not find any before and after pictures results from dermaroller/dermapen users within reasonable time span-not taking picture right after dermarolling, because puffiness after dermarolling creates a fake illusion. That pretty much speaks for itself.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 07/22/2015 1:30 am

Dermapen and dermanator in its essence should perform the same function. It's a shame how easy it it to manipulate the market for acne scars products or beauty products, and make a killing of it. I've yet to see a substantive proof of dermaroller/dermapen working on any legit acne scars(not extremely shallow and small box scars). Don't show me subcision+dermapen results, subcision does all the work and ive seen results where people have gotten results with only subcision. Show me results from honest users on this website, you can search the entire forum website and not find any before and after pictures results from dermaroller/dermapen users within reasonable time span-not taking picture right after dermarolling, because puffiness after dermarolling creates a fake illusion. That pretty much speaks for itself.

You can too say that about 95% of lasers out there. It's all a sham - the laser and especially beauty industry that is. Microneedling will never fix deep rolling scars, that's impossible and no one has claimed it to work on deep scars either. That's why I and mony others suggest combining several modalities for best results.

http://banishacnescars.com/pages/before-and-after -

Banish kit is outrageously expensive for what it is. They just buy rollers from China and include really questionably made topicals. The stuff literally looks like someone mixed it in their kitchen and placed in a cheap container. These clowns market the kits AGGRESSIVELY on youtube and social media by paying popular vloggers to endorse their products. The prices are ridiculous and they are clearly exploiting people who are naive and don't know any better. Their photos look doctored or questionable (ie taken with swellling present).

You can buy the exact same rollers and stamps on Owndoc.com. At least owndoc has good rollers and stamps for reasonable prices.

The scars are indeed present, so I see why you are concerned. I think you should look into subcision and suction from a good dermatologist.

http://owndoc.com/dermarolling/dermarolling-before-and-after-photos-from-our-customers/

MemberMember
(@iveyyoda)

Posted : 07/22/2015 3:12 am

You can too say that about 95% of lasers out there. It's all a sham - the laser and especially beauty industry that is. Microneedling will never fix deep rolling scars, that's impossible and no one has claimed it to work on deep scars either. That's why I and mony others suggest combining several modalities for best results.

>Banish kit is outrageously expensive for what it is. They just buy rollers from China and include really questionably made topicals. The stuff literally looks like someone mixed it in their kitchen and placed in a cheap container. These clowns market the kits AGGRESSIVELY on youtube and social media by paying popular vloggers to endorse their products. The prices are ridiculous and they are clearly exploiting people who are naive and don't know any better. Their photos look doctored or questionable (ie taken with swellling present).

You can buy the exact same rollers and stamps on Owndoc.com. At least owndoc has good rollers and stamps for reasonable prices.

The scars are indeed present, so I see why you are concerned. I think you should look into subcision and suction from a good dermatologist.

http://owndoc.com/dermarolling/dermarolling-before-and-after-photos-from-our-customers/

When an insurance salesmans sells you insurance, do you take everything at its face value? No. When a car salesman tries selling you a car, do you take everything at its face value? no. So you need to treat these websites the same way. When I first heard that the prickly noise you get while using dermaroller/pen is breaking down scars, I needed a second opinion.. so I used it on my normal skin on my forearm, and guess what? it makes the same prickly noise, so much for breaking down scars. Forget deep scars, dermaroller/pen won't fix moderate acne scars either. I've seen your subcision thread, your scars are similar to some of the images i see on banish website. Check out the 13th image row from starting from the bottom- 0.5mm after 1 week use, look at that dramatic improvement on those rolling scars!! If youre guillable enough to believe that improvement due to shady lighting is true and think dermaroller is worth its salt, i suggest you let go off subcision and stick to using the banish kit.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 07/22/2015 9:39 am

>Banish kit is outrageously expensive for what it is. They just buy rollers from China and include really questionably made topicals. The stuff literally looks like someone mixed it in their kitchen and placed in a cheap container. These clowns market the kits AGGRESSIVELY on youtube and social media by paying popular vloggers to endorse their products. The prices are ridiculous and they are clearly exploiting people who are naive and don't know any better. Their photos look doctored or questionable (ie taken with swellling present).

When an insurance salesmans sells you insurance, do you take everything at its face value? No. When a car salesman tries selling you a car, do you take everything at its face value? no. So you need to treat these websites the same way. When I first heard that the prickly noise you get while using dermaroller/pen is breaking down scars, I needed a second opinion.. so I used it on my normal skin on my forearm, and guess what? it makes the same prickly noise, so much for breaking down scars. Forget deep scars, dermaroller/pen won't fix moderate acne scars either. I've seen your subcision thread, your scars are similar to some of the images i see on banish website. Check out the 13th image row from starting from the bottom- 0.5mm after 1 week use, look at that dramatic improvement on those rolling scars!! If youre guillable enough to believe that improvement due to shady lighting is true and think dermaroller is worth its salt, i suggest you let go off subcision and stick to using the banish kit.

Hence why I attached blahblah's opinion...

And no thanks, i'll stick to subicision and my own needling/peels.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 07/22/2015 8:54 pm

I mentioned this in another post, but I think the point needs to be driven home. ALL dermarollers are essentially made in CHINA. Even Owndoc posted something recently and ADMITTED that their rollers are sourced from China as well. I remember the Sarah lady posting a while back talking very negatively about China rollers, and now she openly says that hers are made there as well. Point is, be skeptical and don't buy everything you hear online.

As far as the micro-tearing issue goes, that seems like something the marketing department of dermapen came up with to differentiate their products from the rollers. Don't get me started on Banish Kit. And now it seems like Rodan and Fields, the people who make Proactiv, are trying to get into the dermaroller game now too!!! Seems like there's a lot of money to be made in home treatments for acne scars. The are also marketing extremely AGGRESSIVELY on youtube as well with a lot of their sales people spamming countless youtube videos.

And Sarah at owndoc is a very skilled marketer. First she was against the automated devices like dermapen, and wrote a lengthy article bashing it. Now she sells her own machine. That's not to knock her device, it's just to show that she is a marketer first and foremost. She was against it before she was for it. Kinda like how her story keeps changing about where and how she sources her products. Again, not knocking the products, just exposing her for what she is.

Just buy a decent priced, good quality roller, and forget the hype!

MemberMember
(@healthnut91)

Posted : 07/23/2015 11:55 am

In theory, dermastamps are a safer way of microneedling than dermarolling, especially at longer lengths. Dermapens and other electric dermastamps use this knowledge to enhance their marketing to customers. The problem is however, that if you take a needle and add horizontal motion to it, it is going to create a line - the faster you move it across the skin, the larger the line. This is why I plan to stay clear of the electric dermastamps. It's more work to use a manual dermastamp but it's also safer... Just my $0.02.