Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
delna

OMG!!!!! U GUYS MUST TRY THIS!!

I'm sure this has been asked already, but I don't want to go through all the pages.

Do you HAVE to wash your face in the morning before the baking soda? Because I don't feel like you need to wash your face in the AM, so I don't and I'd like to keep it that way..

Also, I'm confused when you keep saying 'wash off'. Do you mean literally wash off? Like should I cleanse before or after the egg mask at night?

....is Delna even here anymore??

I'm sure this has been asked already, but I don't want to go through all the pages.

Do you HAVE to wash your face in the morning before the baking soda? Because I don't feel like you need to wash your face in the AM, so I don't and I'd like to keep it that way..

Also, I'm confused when you keep saying 'wash off'. Do you mean literally wash off? Like should I cleanse before or after the egg mask at night?

....is Delna even here anymore??

yea what happened to delna did she leave or something

Does anyone find that the BS/ACV in the morning is just way too drying to use? Even though I use a moisturizer after, I feel like it's just way too harsh and I'm irritating my skin.

I'm just afraid that the regimen won't be as effective if I drop those two steps.

Anyone feel the same?

*EDIT*: I'm pretty sure this is also causing me clogged pores, or maybe milia, as some other people experienced. I'm quitting the BS (a little disappointed; it sounded so great) but will continue to do the ACV in the AM.

Okay CAN SOMEONE PLEASE RESPOND:

When I make the egg mixture, it doesn't foam when I "whisk" it like others have said. Am I doing something wrong?

Can someone please answer me, all of my other questions have been ignored. THANK YOU!

trying this right now. the baking soda burned alot, the acv is smelly but is comfortable.

my only question is, can i do the baking soda, acv and egg/lemon mask all in the evening? i dont have time to do any of them in the mornings.

sure you can...

i did it all in the evening before but bcuz i took 30 mins to finish everything, i did the baking soda and acv in the morning instead...

When I make the egg mixture, it doesn't foam when I "whisk" it like others have said. Am I doing something wrong?

Can someone please answer me, all of my other questions have been ignored. THANK YOU!

u hav a lot of questions, but i'll answer the ones i know...

u should cleanse before the egg mask...

and the egg mixture, did u whisk it with the egg yolk in it? coz if u have, it won't foam. use the egg white only...

and have u tried this regime for at least 2 weeks? if after 2 weeks u don't see any difference, juz give up the regime...

and if u really really want your skin to heal, READ at least a few pages! delna may be busy but she has helped us a lot already, in the first few pages...

I find the baking soda ACV portion of this treatment way too harsh, but I love the egg white mask. Baking soda is extremely alkaline, it softens whats called the 'horny layer' of your skin, making it much more easily sloughed off. While it's doing that though, it destroys your acid mantle. Your acid mantle is the protective layer your skin forms to protect itself from bacteria and other pathogens. Simply applying an acidic substance such as ACV does not repair the acid mantle, once you've compromised the mantle it takes 3 weeks or longer to repair. With this knowledge I strongly advise against the baking soda.

For physical exfoliation a wash cloth or baby hair brush are excellent, but be gentle. Use a pH neutral or slightly acidic wash. Google is your friend.

The egg white mask: I use organic free range eggs for this, around $3 a dozen - that's nearly a month's worth of application. The nutrient profile in organic free range eggs is much better. If we are putting food on our face, let's go gourmet :razz: I also use organic lemons as citrus fruit is a heavily sprayed crop. I don't have any research for as far as skin application is concerned, but I think it's safe to assume industrial, petro, and pesticide chemicals are not ideal for sensitive acne prone skin.

How I prepare the mask: I thoroughly rinse the egg in warm water to remove any residue, then crack it in the middle, keeping one half of the egg upright to catch the yolk. What spills into the bowl is what I use for the mask. I reserve the remainder of the egg in a container and place in the fridge for future use. Then I slice the lemon in half and add a 'squirt' - about half a teaspoon - of lemon juice. I don't use a whisk, I use an electric hand mixer - $9 cheapie I got at walgreens or walmart or something. I beat the egg white & lemon mixture on high speed until med-stiff peaks form - just like you would a meringue (google).

Application: I apply the resulting thick foam to freshly washed and patted dry skin. I leave on around 20 minutes, or until I'm bored :D I rinse off with warm water, then I cleanse very gently, and very briefly. I don't know if cleansing really necessary, but raw eggs do contain a lot of bacteria, I figure better safe than sorry.

Then apply any leave on treatment and moisturizer.

Delna: Has not been seen in years.

HTH

u hav a lot of questions, but i'll answer the ones i know...

u should cleanse before the egg mask...

and the egg mixture, did u whisk it with the egg yolk in it? coz if u have, it won't foam. use the egg white only...

and have u tried this regime for at least 2 weeks? if after 2 weeks u don't see any difference, juz give up the regime...

and if u really really want your skin to heal, READ at least a few pages! delna may be busy but she has helped us a lot already, in the first few pages...

Thanks for responding, but I've actually read through the MAJORITY of this thread. I don't know why you would assume I haven't, I obviously didn't find the answers to my questions. I also only asked four questions, all at different times.

Yes I'm only using the egg white.

I'm not giving up on the regime..? I never complained about it not working, I only wanted to know if anyone else found the AM part of it to be too much, as it seems most people haven't.

Ayla: thank you so much! You've given me all I need to know.

Question : when using this regime on my back (no active acne, just red marks), are all of the steps necessary ? i.e should I use the baking soda scrub or skip it ? Should I use the egg mask or skip it ?

acne cream is just benzoyle peroxide yeah??

i cant wait to try this, just last night i heard about drinking lemon juice. and putting olive oil on your skin. i was like wtf? oil helps acne ???

if this works ill pretty much marry you k?

I've tried the baking soda...it is great! My skin is softer and more even-toned, even the blackheads on my nose are better.. Definitely a good one! Also olive oil has been helping me with a giant bad scab. Can't wait to try the egg whites and Apple Cider Vinegar. How did it go, dantspants?

Ive been using this method on my back now for about 5 days. Its difficult to know for sure, but I think theres been a slight improvement. I'm on accutane and know I shouldn't be exfoliating, but I'm doing it anyway. If there is a noticeable improvement after 2 weeks, I will keep it up, otherwise I will try something else.

i have dark red dots (acne scars) that wont go away...ive tried peels but nothing...

will this really work? also, i could only use the mask because i have a feeling id get a reaction w/ the baking soda & acv, my skin is super sensitive

^ I'm the same as you. I use the mask ONLY because the BS & ACV irritated my skin, and I am still getting great results. It's worth a shot, I think you should try it.

I'm starting this regimen today and i'll keep you updated on how it worked :dance: (so far the baking soda idea was wonderful, my skin looked amazing after that)

Okay, it's been 2 days and i can see an improvement, and my parents commented saying that it looks lighter, and my skin is smoother. So it really works :) (It seems to be working better than the TCA peel i did recently)

guys...which one helps with the fading red marks? the egg mask or the BS + ACV?

or if they both help...which one helps more? I can only use the egg mask, but if you guys say its the BP/ACV then i will use that as well....im just scared bec. my skin is very sensitive from a recent peel.

I need to know asap, bec. if i dont see a slight improvement in a week, im forced to do a laser treatment which is $$$$!

guys...which one helps with the fading red marks? the egg mask or the BS + ACV?

or if they both help...which one helps more? I can only use the egg mask, but if you guys say its the BP/ACV then i will use that as well....im just scared bec. my skin is very sensitive from a recent peel.

I need to know asap, bec. if i dont see a slight improvement in a week, im forced to do a laser treatment which is $$$$!

The egg mask is supposed to help fade red marks...it's been working for me. I've been on it for about 2 weeks now, everyday. I wasted 3K on lasers...I think the egg mask worked better because it also improved the look of my skin. The lasers helped fade the marks but they were back again when I had my next breakout. I think lasers are OK if you can afford them and if you have your acne completely under control. I have yet to try the ACV consistently...

Reading through about 13 pages of this thread and seeing the amount of success stories from people, at one time I'm really suspecting about it at yet at the same time I really want to give a try, at least one at it.

So, I guess I'll give a shot at this regime tomorrow.. and see how the first effect will be. I'll need to get ACV first though... but I'm really unsure about this so, I'm going to experiment it on a small area on my face --- the chin, and it has a couple of pimples on it, less serious than the other area on the face.

My skin has been getting really sensitive lately, so I'd expect a really bad sting from both the baking soda as well as the ACV.

Any asians down here and is currently trying out this regime? How is your progress?

And Delna, are you still on board? :o

Reading through about 13 pages of this thread and seeing the amount of success stories from people, at one time I'm really suspecting about it at yet at the same time I really want to give a try, at least one at it.

So, I guess I'll give a shot at this regime tomorrow.. and see how the first effect will be. I'll need to get ACV first though... but I'm really unsure about this so, I'm going to experiment it on a small area on my face --- the chin, and it has a couple of pimples on it, less serious than the other area on the face.

My skin has been getting really sensitive lately, so I'd expect a really bad sting from both the baking soda as well as the ACV.

Any asians down here and is currently trying out this regime? How is your progress?

And Delna, are you still on board? :o

Hey I'm asian and i've been trying this method only for 3 days so far, well what i can tell u is my skin feels good to the touch but no significant change in the discoloration (dark spots, red marks). I hope there will be something beneficial for me in the future...

Wow Delna. This regimen looks really promising. I can't wait to try it, but I am currently on a Minocycline + Benzaclin regimen my doctor prescribed for 1 month.

I will try this as soon as that 1 month is up. Thank you so much for posting this thread!

But just one question - I am of East Indian descent (dark skinned), and I do not have red scars. I have hyper-pigmented spots (dark-brown) scars. I also have active acne (moderate). Has Delna's regimen worked for anyone with this type of skin?

Hey I'm asian and i've been trying this method only for 3 days so far, well what i can tell u is my skin feels good to the touch but no significant change in the discoloration (dark spots, red marks). I hope there will be something beneficial for me in the future...

Cool! :) Did it irritate your skin or anything? What products are you using along with this regime? You tried all or just BS and ACV?

By the way, anyone that is on this regime, can you all take a picture of how the mixture for the eggwhite mask looks like??? Pleasee?? Thanks thanks!!