Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
delna

OMG!!!!! U GUYS MUST TRY THIS!!

I started delnas regimen on Saturday, its now Tuesday and I'm starting to break out. My skin is like super sensitive. Baking Soda is the gentlest option right? Is there a way a can do this regimen but avoid the breakouts?

Also do you have to whip the egg in a bowl and then apply it or can you just rub it between your hands?

And just out of interest why is it apple cider vinegar rather than balsamic or white wine?

tthanx sounds promisisng

im trying this tomorrow, btw for the person that made this thread, how is you skin now ???

for all of you who broke out while trying the reg, when did it start to happen?

and what do you think did it?

i am trying it but want to avoid a breakout, i am getting married in a month and dont need to have tons o new things on my face!

any feedback would be great

ps did anyone who brokeout notice any fading results before the breakout happened?

Hello,

I'm wondering whether the baking soda has any skin whitening or bleaching effect. Is that only the ACV? Would the baking soda be safe to use without harming a fresh tan?

Thank you very much!

This is my first time posting.

I came across this forum one very late night about a month ago trying my luck with any suggestions that people have for dealing with their acne. I will be 22 in September and I have suffered from acne since I was in about 6th or 7th grade. I've always hated my skin and hid under lots of makeup. I tried literally every topical treatment and antibiotic drug available (except accutane, because of it's scary side effects) over-the counter products, and even Proactiv, but nothing seemed to ever completely eliminate it. (Although going on the pill helped a lot)

I am posting now because I wanted to thank the person who created this post about the baking soda and vinegar. It has changed my life. For one, I quit soda and have tried my best to stay away from super sugary things (esp. chocolate) and lots of grease, but after using the baking soda and organic pple cider vinegar for a month my skin is absolutely clear. It's truly a god-given miracle. (I hope it lasts!)

I'm a semi-high profile model and my career is just starting to take off, so this couldn't have happened at a better time. I am so grateful. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I hope this message finds you all here well. I wish you all here the best of luck. Never give up. I know how it feels. This is a great support group.

I have a question. How do I apply the eggwhite/lemon juice mask? With my fingers? It's kind of hard to get it on there since it's so runny. Help!

sorry if I missed this but do I have to be clear of acne to start this or can I do it in conjunction with the DK treatment (or any treatment)? Also, I have very sensitive skin which is almost always dry while on the dk regimen, will adding this treatment make the dryness worse?

If you have not already tried this, PLEASE DO. I started this 3 days ago (actually just the baking soda scrub and egg mask) and my skin has seen a HUGE improvement. Marks have faded 40% and my face is actually 1 COLOR. Wow. The egg mask also feels fantastic.

I know this is an old topic but still i wanna try this. So you have to apply that Baking Soda paste and then Apple Cider Vinegar solution or just mix the ACV solution with the Baking soda?

ive read up to page 20 and tried this last night

now im not sure if im doing it correct.

wen i mix the baking soda with the water its not really a paste its jus white water

should i jus wash my face with it like that? cos it feels like im washing wit tap water..

also with the egg n the lemon squeeze, i beat it n it dosent come out thick, again its jus

like slimey water i jus pour it on face is that ok it does eventually dry tho

and as for the white viniger i jus pour it into my hands out the bottle n wash my face wit it

leave it till it dries then rinse it of after 10 min this leaves my face a lil red tho.

does the apply cider 1 make ur face red? i just wasnt sure if im applying correct.

I have read this with great interest as my red marks are really getting me down. I have been on accutane for 6 weeks now and have no new spots but the red marks on my cheeks are quite severe.

Can I do this regimen on accutane?

Also has anyone heard of scar repairex?

http://www.skinlight.co.uk/cat_product_19_...rex+-+50ml.html

its supposed to help but my derm said it probably wouldn't.. Has anyone tried this?

thank you

Hii Delna,

thanks soo much for sharing this wonderful skin regimen. i however have a Qn. Should the ACV have a certain acidity level or it is immaterial, cos mine has a 5% acidity level.So should i dilute it? Please reply

I've done this for two days and haven't noticed much improvement...but I have Asian skin so it must be tougher to get rid of red marks.

About the egg mask, http://thebeautybrains.com/ has an article that says it really doesn't do anything: How Egg White Makes Skin Feel Smoother.

I think that the egg mask rips the little hairs out of your face and that's why it hurts so much. Otherwise it makes your skin feel tighter while it's on but it has no long-term effect. I think it's unnecessary so I just do the Tape Method on the affected areas of my face.

After the baking soda scrub (which while washing feels harsh but later there's no scratchy feeling) and the vinegar treatment I use Avon Clearskin acne treatment with 2% salicylic acid to further exfoliate and BP. I hope I will see a reduction of red spots soon... :think:

Sammyd, Delna's post said specifically not to use this while on Accutane.

Slick1, just add a couple drops of water to a teaspoon of baking soda in your palm and then rub it on your face. And don't apply the vinegar undiluted!!! Start with a 1:8 mixture with water.

hie.. anyone tried the baking soda and ACV method without havin any milia? coz i gt some milias in juz two 2 days when i tried this method.. i'm sure its the baking soda which coz these milias.. any idea how to prevent it?

I tried the acv mixed with water and it just made my face feel dirty all day, and I had 2 new pimples the next day. The egg white & lemon juice mask made my forehead breakout. I dunno why this is working for so many people. Could I have been allergic to these items?

Ok, I've been doing the treatment for nearly a week as I said above: without the egg white mask, using the Tape Method instead, and my red spots really ARE fading. Very slowly, and maybe only 30%, but there is a difference. They are less bright pink and more like a dull rose, almost like orangey-brown freckles. I'm not sure about the scrub - I feel like the baking soda is too harsh.

Here is a link to the effects of the vinegar, which has been known to reduce red marks.

Scared1, if the baking soda burns stop using it. Just try the vinegar (be sure to dilute it!) and the Tape Method. I think the egg mask is too harsh.

I'm pretty sure one more week of treatment and I'll be clear. Thank goodness, since I've had these marks for about a year now after a severe breakout. It's like I still have acne! I also had a big red mark under my lip from a cold sore, and it's fading the fastest from this treatment; it's about half faded.

1 more tip; if you are spending money on expensive 2% salicylic acid treatments, I suggest Avon's Clearskin Spot Treatment. It's active ingredient is 2% salicylic acid and it only costs $3.79! Compare that with Bliss See Spot Run Acne Treatment for $50.

This regimen really works...it's wonderful how effective and cheap it is!

I use a ratio of 1:1 (vinegar:water) straight. Initially it stung a bit but I'm used to it.

Btw, I read somewhere else that applying ACV to your pimples before you sleep helps reduce swelling. Tried it out and it worked.

I wrote a blog post about Delna's regimen, to share it with people. I've included step-by-step pictures to make the steps easier to follow. Click here to read!

Oh yes...and apply the egg white with a brush if you find applying it on with fingers difficult. Hope this helps! :dance:

Here's an update. It's been 2 weeks since I've been doing this regimen. Last night I was getting down because I could still see red marks, but I think it was because my skin was irritated from the ACV and the salicylic acid treatment.

But in the morning the marks are much less noticeable and I'm very happy I used delna's treatment! Marks that have been on my cheek for a year are gone now! I can wear blush again! Before it just made the red marks look worse. Now it just looks like blush on top of clear skin.

The more recent marks are taking a longer time to fade, but the mark left from a zit 3 weeks ago is 50% faded. Thank god I found this treatment. It takes time and persistence but it worked for me!

I did a ratio of 1:1 ACV one night and it made my whole face red and puffy. So I always use a more diluted version now. I think the important thing is to keep babying your skin and don't overdo it because it might make it worse. Some days I'd take a break from the baking soda scrub because it's too harsh. But I always did the tape exfoliation every morning - that might be the reason for the success.

how long do we apply the baking soda and water on the face for? How do we apply the vinegar on our face just take a tissue soak it in the vinegar/water solution and dab it on our face?

sorry if I missed this but do I have to be clear of acne to start this or can I do it in conjunction with the DK treatment (or any treatment)? Also, I have very sensitive skin which is almost always dry while on the dk regimen, will adding this treatment make the dryness worse?