Notifications
Clear all

OMG!!!!! U GUYS MUST TRY THIS!!

MemberMember
(@delna)

Posted : 11/10/2004 7:15 pm

my aesthetician is just AWESOME!!! I had gone in for my second Silk Peel and we were talking abt various skin care mistakes for acne-prone skin... she told me that all u need for those red marks to go away is follow these simple rules.

morning...

1) cleanse with a mild cleanser for sensitive skin.

she says the concept of oily skin and using oily skin products for acne is wrong! oily skin products are best tolerated by ppl who have oily skin but free from breakouts. anyone who is doing ANY treatment for acne will have sensitive skin. so hypoallergenic and sensitive skin products are the best bet for them! this is because oily skin products strips of all the oils on skin..so the skin counter-reacts by producing more oil and hence more acne. those with breakout free oily skin...mm...the lucky few..r the only ones to tolerate this..P.Acne bacterium..why do u hate some ppl and leave the others alone??? WHY??? eusa_boohoo.gif

2) exfoliate

avoid all scrubs..no matter how mild they claim to be. but how do we exfoliate, do u ask??? oh thats easy...and DIRT CHEAP too!!! 2 WORDS- BAKING SODA!

she says that she has not come across any acne-prone patients who has benefitted from scrubs. it may work for a while in some...lead to initial happiness..yeah, and then lead to final gloom when breakouts appear from everywhere...even the areas where it was break-out free in the beginning! SO NO SCRUBS PPL eusa_naughty.gif .use baking soda instead... just make a paste out of baking soda and water...and massage very gently. wash immediately. u have to do this after cleansing. u may be able to extract some ripe or loose blackheads afterward. hey and never try to squeeze a blackhead if its not ready to come out...u will regret it!

3) tone to balance pH

now that baking soda is basic in nature..something acidic is needed to balance the ph. ANSWER? APPLE CIDER VINEGAR!

use a 1:8 (vinegar:water) solution first and then gradually increase to 1:1 ..never apply it neat. BALANCED pH = BEAUTIFUL SKIN! wash off after 10 mins. dont leave it on.

4) apply ur acne cream..i use the Proactiv BP lotion. i use the amt Dan suggests for beginners...( edit: i switched to Neutrogena on-the-spot now). U can use ANY acne cream which suits ur skin. Dont skip this step.

4) Moisturise with SPF containing moisturiser. I use Cetaphil and it does not break me out. Look for the words sensitive skin, hypoallergenic & non-comedogenic WITH SUN PROTECTION FACTOR when u buy any moisturiser.

5) And for those who apply make-up, use non-acnegenic products containing titanium dioxide or zinc oxide. they r good for the skin too!

evening..

6) cleanse ur face ..( use baking soda and acv only once a day..morning or evening as ur preference)

7) apply a mild protein mask....till date..ive never found a mask that gives as good results as this mask..this is my aesthetician's favourite mask (btw..she has absolutely gorgeous baby-smooth skin and she told me that she had acne in her teens! hard to believe..!)

1 tablespoon of egg-white whipped up + a squeeze of lemon (dont put too much). smooth it over ur face..avoid eye area... wash off in 10 minutes....and look at a NEW REJUVENATED YOU!! eusa_dance.gif

i tried this mask every day for 5 days....its AMAZING...my skin looks so refreshed! And bonus point is that done everyday...this will make the red-spots VANISH!!!

8) Apply ur acne cream before bed.

THATS IT!! JUST 8 STEPS FOR A HUGE BOOST IN YOUR CONFIDENCE!!

I am not kidding...there is a HUGE difference in my red-spots after just 5 days of this routine. I am going to stick to this routine. U guys ABSOLUTELY MUST TRY THIS.....

i will be glad to answer any questions regarding this....

TAKE CARE ALL OF YOU!!

You liked
MemberMember
(@k-la)

Posted : 11/10/2004 7:39 pm

Do you think doing the baking soda exfoliation, vinegar method, and egg white/lemon mask 2-3 times a week would be beneficial enough? Probably not as good as doing it every night but that seems like so much. confused.gif

MemberMember
(@jsbee2)

Posted : 11/10/2004 8:00 pm

I might try some of this out, the mask sounds interesting.....

MemberMember
(@chitown77)

Posted : 11/10/2004 8:05 pm

Delna

Have you been doing this, or is this something that your aesthetician told you that you intend to try. Also, what is the condition of your skin now, and what was it like before this regimen.

I am currently on vitamin B5, 3 1/2 weeks into my regimen, but I am also using an acne cleanser with salicylic acid, and I use a nighttime acne gel with salicylic acid. Do you think I should scrap the cleanser and night gel, and go with your method? Also, I am a guy, so I shave. Where would shaving fit into the routine? Would I shave, then cleanse, then baking soda, then vinegar?

Thanks,

Dave

MemberMember
(@chitown77)

Posted : 11/10/2004 8:44 pm

Also, do you ONLY do this vinegar after the baking soda, or do you do it twice a day?

MemberMember
(@sss)

Posted : 11/11/2004 1:17 am

is the egg white and lemon mask the main thing that helped get rid of your red marks ?

or is it all the things you mentioned combined ?

MemberMember
(@nature)

Posted : 11/11/2004 5:44 am

Sounds interesting Delna, do you have an idea if it would have effect on brown marks aswell?

MemberMember
(@delna)

Posted : 11/11/2004 11:40 am

okay guys, time to answer all those questions...

K-La,

one thing abt acne-prone skin is that, u already have got many open pores from ur earlier pimples and blackheads. so its important to make sure these pores are clean everyday coz its so easy for oil to get clogged again and again when pores are larger than normal.so while ppl with normal skin( and normal tiny pores) need to exfoliate just 2-3 times a week..we need to put in some extra effort and do it everyday to make sure that the devil in the name of P.acne bacterium has no choice but give up!

Abt the mask,yeah, putting a mask on everyday is a pain. If its difficult for u, u can do it every other day. dont give too many gaps in between if u want to see immediate results.

the thing abt doing baking soda and vinegar together is, like i said, to balance the ph of ur skin. u just have to do this once. there r ppl who do the vinegar alone twice. unfortunately, this way ph will never be balanced. coz the skin ph becomes acidic...dryness occurs..peeling occurs..and then with all the acne products that is put on afterwards, which increases the irritation, it will be a mess before long! I do the baking soda/vinegar once in the morning...and then do the rest. in the evening, i cleanse, apply mask, wash off, apply bp and go to bed.

Dave,

I have been doing this now for 6 days. I have a few box scars and a lot of reddish brown marks (im Asian)..the results i have noticed is...

- skin so soft that its a bliss to touch it!!

- my skin tone has evened out a lot..earlier, my chin, forehead and far side of cheeks were darker than the rest of the face,..now, my complexion has lightened. im hoping to see dramatic results in abt a month from now.

- my make-up slides on so easily, it never flakes and u know what? it stays on fresh for the whole day!earlier my skin used to look yuck by the end of the day..now all day it looks like i have just come out of the shower! Thats the magic of the egg-white/lemon mask. it rejuvenates ur skin.

- finally, the best part..red marks! guys, believe me, i met this friend of mine at a party 10 days ago..i invited her family over for tea at my place yesterday. She took one look at me and she said, 'gosh, last time i saw u, ur marks were so dark..they look faded now...what have u been doing? did u get a facial done?' i was so pleased!!! atleast my mirror was not fooling me! THIS IS WORKING!

SSS, yes, the combination of these procedures helped me. Because, skin products work best on exfoliated clean skin, baking soda/vinegar rocks. and because with the facial mask in the evening u are taking out all the impurities that have accumulated in ur pores thruout the day, the egg white/lemon mask rocks!

Dave, if SA is helping you, theres no need to switch to BP. u can continue with the acne treatment that works for u...the idea is to clean the skin well before using the acne products so that their effectiveness is increased. Actually, when u shave u r exfoliating too. so to avoid over-doing it, i wd suggest u to limit the anti-acne products u use to one, so that u dont dry out ur skin much. u can try something like this.

- since u r already using a SA gel, use a mild cleanser without any antibacterial products...so yes, ur SA wash shd be put away for a while. I use Dove soap for sensitive skin. but u have to use the trial-error method to see what works for u. i think it shd be fine.

- lather the soap in ur hands, mix it with a little baking soda and massage on skin...so u r exfoliating and cleaning it at the same time. its a time-saver too!! wash off.

- next, shave

-so now ur skin is nice and clean....put on ur vinegar...pls put on a weak solution at first..if u get rashes...dilute it more. wash off in 10 mins.

- put ur SA gel.

- moisturise with SPF containing lotion.

- evening, skip the soda and vinegar, but do the mask and SA gel after cleansing with soap.

Nature, yes, it helps with red/brown marks.

hope i have answered all ur questions....keep them coming!!!

MemberMember
(@chitown77)

Posted : 11/11/2004 1:54 pm

Thanks, Delna.

Actually, I am not using BP, nor do I want to. I have found that the SA I was using may be making my skin produce more oil. I am currently on a vitamin B5 regimen, which is slowing my oil production. I tried your regimen last night. I shave at night, every other night. So last night was my non-shave night. I washed in the shower with Liquid Neutragena. Then I mixed baking soda with water and gently washed my face with it. After, I applied the vinegar/water mix for 10 minutes, and then I washed off and put on moisturizer. My skin felt great, and when I awoke this morning my red marks had faded, and a couple of whiteheads I had last night were almost completely gone. I like the idea of switching to a gentle routine. I had previously been using a scrub once per week, but I always felt that it was breaking me out. I know that SA is an exfoliant, but I also think it was causing my skin to be oily. I had heard that vinegar was beneficial, and I had even used it before (successfully), but I was using it morning and night (with no base to balance the pH) and leaving it on all day. You regimen seems to make perfect sense. I will continue to use it and keep you posted on the results. Tonight I shave, and the day after shaving is always a good tell if a regimen is working or not.

Do you think that mixing the baking soda with the cleanser is more beneficial, or should I cleanse, then make a paste with BS & water? Also, I didn't try the mask thing. Do you think that the mask is necessary for results, or is the baking soda with vinegar and a gentle cleanser enough to retain healthy skin?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@wantperfectskin)

Posted : 11/11/2004 4:18 pm

I am going to give it a try and see if it works. I have a couple of red marks that I want to get rid and this inexpensive treatment sounds like the way to go. It beats paying $350 for stupid V-Beam.

I will keep you posted to see if it works for me.

MemberMember
(@fantasyclover)

Posted : 11/11/2004 9:11 pm

how does baking soda exfoliate the skin?

and can the vinegar lighten hyperpigmentation?

is there an alternative to the egg white + lemon mask method? B/c i'm vegetarian and I cant use animal products.

I'm glad to hear that this is working for you, because I am asian too so I think I'll have a better chance at gettign the results you just described.

MemberMember
(@seether)

Posted : 11/12/2004 12:34 am

What do you mean by the egg white/lemon mask? I'm confused on this do you mix it in a blender and out comes something you put on your face hehe im sorry im just really lost on this

MemberMember
(@jsbee2)

Posted : 11/12/2004 3:09 am

Well, I'm trying this stuff tonight, I'll report tomorrow, perhaps daily or once I see an improvement.

MemberMember
(@jsbee2)

Posted : 11/12/2004 4:15 am

Ok, same night.

Bad news before good news: I'm really not a fan of the vinegar, I think I'll omit that.

Anyway, all I had was baking powder, it must work just as well because after I used it my skin tone looked amazing. I just mixed it into a thing paste with water. then rubed on my skin not too hard and when I washed it off my skin looked awesome.

Same with the mask, it works well.

MemberMember
(@duluxdog)

Posted : 11/12/2004 6:18 am

Rather than use the whole mask of egg, lemon, etc, is it okay to just use a plain baking soda mask?

MemberMember
(@usershift)

Posted : 11/12/2004 10:20 am

Hi this sounds very interesting is it possible to list the product brands you are using for this regimen. Also can you elaborate a little more on the vinager mixing and do you apply it only once a day after the backing soda? Thanx

Has anyone else tried this or something like it with any success?

MemberMember
(@sasha)

Posted : 11/12/2004 11:57 am

Chitown 77,

I find it very interesting that you feel your SA regimen might be causing more oil production. I also use SA, and have wondered the same about my skin. I keep thinking it seems like there is more oil, maybe because my pores are opening up more due to the exfoliation? Either way, I have oil in pores I never noticed before, and maybe the SA IS the culprit. I have tried so many regimens as well, and it is hard to distinquish what results I get from what, be them negative or positive. I as well like the idea of a gentle routine. I will definately try this this weekend. I makes perfect sense. I have tried the vinegar before, but possibly did not dilute it well enough. I was very sensitive to it, but I will do the 1:8 ratio this time. Hmmmm, It scares me to think of stoping the SA, I know it has antibacterial properties as well. But I wll try this...you never know!! Good luck everyone! smile.gif

MemberMember
(@chitown77)

Posted : 11/12/2004 12:36 pm

Sasha

I have found that SA is beneficial in unclogged pores and exfoliating, and it is antibacterial. But if it causes the skin glands to overproduce oil at the same time, it is counter-productive. I have had good results with SA, initally, but it doesn't seem to last. It also makes my skin red. I want to find a regimen that cures the acne problem without irritating my skin. It sounds like Delna's program could work. I have tried vinegar before, too. But I never combined it with baking soda, and the whole pH balance thing makes perfect sense. I am hoping the B5 does its job, and if so, my skin will be less oily and prone to acne. Then, if I am washing with a gentle cleanser and exfoliating without irritating my skin, I should be in good shape. I never liked BP because it always made my skin pink and sensitive. Salicylic acid does this as well, but to a lesser degree. I am hoping that this simple, inexpensive, and gentle routine will be the answer.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

MemberMember
(@jsbee2)

Posted : 11/12/2004 1:01 pm

Morning 1

I woke up and the first thing I thought of was if anything I did last night worked which was:

Baking powder (not soda) scrub

1:10 ratio of Apple cider vinnegar - I want to start at the bottom and work up to avoid breakouts

And the mask.

My first impression:

WOW

It seemed my red marks have faded dramticly, I'll keep doing this nightly, but one question. Even with such a low concentrate ACV mixture, my face was still a little red when I applied, but when I woke up this morning I saw no bad effects. Should I keep using this delna? Anyone?

MemberMember
(@sasha)

Posted : 11/12/2004 1:25 pm

Dave,

Have you stopped your SA use? I am curious what your results were. Also, how much B5 do you take daily? I am taking Spironolactone for decreasing oil production, but am having bad side effects. I have always thought that you would have to take thousands of milligrams of B5 to notice improvement.? What is your dosage amount, and have your seen results?

I also do not care for BP. My skin is extremely sensitive as well...that is why I am a little leary of trying the vinegar again. I will just dilute heavily. I do feel the need to apply something after cleansing, exfoliating(Baking Soda), and balancing(Vinegar)...an anti-bacterial product....anyone have any suggestions besides BP or SA? Maybe I should just moisturize and be done. ????

How wonderful would it be for this easy, inexpensive regimen to work well enough to balance our skin, and help clear and decrease red marks in the process????

Keeping my fingers crossed. smile.gif

Thanks

MemberMember
(@duluxdog)

Posted : 11/12/2004 3:14 pm

Morning 1

Baking powder (not soda) scrub

MemberMember
(@delna)

Posted : 11/12/2004 3:41 pm

Im so thrilled those who have tried my regimen are beginning to see positive results! eusa_clap.gif ok, lets clear some of ur doubts.

- my regimen is strictly based on the fact that a little goes a long way when it comes to skin. the more u worry abt it and smear it with all the products u set ur eyes upon at stores, the worse it becomes. Why do u think any spot on our body clears faster than the ones on our face? because we tend to leave it alone! thats the key to beautiful skin. clean it, pamper it, protect it...then give the poor thing some space and leave it alone!

Dave,

u can mix baking soda with the cleanser or u can use it after cleansing. it doesnt matter. it does the same job! the reason i suggested mixing it is coz guys tend to be less patient than girls, lol!! biggrin.gif ..also, u guys have one more thing to do, shave! so, it was just a tip to save u time. Whichever u prefer shd be fine! yes, the mask is important for tightening ur pores. u will be astonished at the results. it completely changed the look of my skin and gave it a brilliant glow! try it! and then tell me if that special someone asks u how u manage to look fresh all day...

fantasyclover,

if u make a paste of baking soda and water and feel it between ur fingers, u will notice that it has a very very fine granular texture. thats how it acts like an exfoliant. this will not irritate ur skin like the other scrubs. baking soda is a beauty treatment used for centuries. If u feel a spot coming, just apply warm water compresses on the spot for 10 mins. then put some baking soda paste on it. if u do this a few times, the pimple will draw to a head. u can then stretch the skin carefully( no squeezing!) to yield the pus and apply neosporin. ur pimple will heal without a scar, I promise!

vinegar will lighten ur red marks since it is a natural anti-oxidant.

dont know if there is any alternative to the egg-white/lemon mask. but of course, there r other masks that u can try. u have to find out what works for ur skin. i wish i cd be more specific..but i certainly dont want to give u any wrong advice.

seether,

take 1 tablespoon of egg-white, whip it up lightly with a fork till its frothy and add a small squeeze of lemon..mix it with ur fingers and apply. no need for blender, lol lol.gif . im sure none of us will have the time for that!

ATTENTION JSBEE AND ALL THE OTHERS WHO HAVE THIS DOUBT!! THIS IS IMPORTANT!!

Baking powder is not meant to be used on skin. Bicarbonate of soda, i.e, baking SODA is what u shd be using. jsbee, pls be careful and dont play with ur skin eusa_naughty.gif . glad u liked the mask!

duluxdog,

baking soda shd be washed off immediately after using it for exfoliation. Its good to spot treat but never use it as a mask. u will be doing more harm than good. like i said, a little goes a long way!

usershift,

cleanser can be any soap for sensitive skin. i wouldnt recommend any anti-acnel cleanser for this regimen, coz our goal is to clean the skin thoroughly before using an anti-acne product. this will increase the effectiveness of the anti-acne product. also, when u use more than ONE acne medication at a time, ur skin will dehydrate.

My regimen- morning

- clean with Dove soap hypoallergenic fragnance-free for sensitive skin. wash.

- massage gently with a paste of BAKING SODA( please, not baking powder!) and water. wash immediately. pat dry.

- mix apple cider vinegar with water in a ratio which ur skin can tolerate. for this, ur skin is the best judge. a little redness in the beginning is normal and will go away. but if u feel its really irritating ur skin, stop using it promptly, wait for 2 days, then try again with a very very weak solution. u can increase the concentration once ur skin is used to it. wait for 10 mins..i iron my clothes or prepare tea at this time. Wash it off.

- apply Proactiv BP repairing lotion. massage it in. (u can use any acne cream which works for u, but be moderate with the quantity. really, once ur skin is crystal clean, u dont need too much of it...any acne cream used in huge quantities damage ur skin...no matter how much u moisturise. i use the amt Dan suggests for beginners. heres the link..u can use the amt shown in the first picture.

http://www.acne.org/finger.html

- Cetaphil moisturiser with SPF 15. thats enough for the cold climate. I will switch to SPF 30 when it gets warmer again.

- light make-up.

evening

-cleanse with Dove

-apply egg-white mask. wash off after it dries

-apply Pro-activ BP

- off to bed...thrilled that this is working already, confident that this WILL continue working, hopeful that i will be free of all red marks in a few months from now.

i got pms from some members saying that they r getting results already. Thanks all of you for trying this out. im sure u wont regret it! Take care!!

MemberMember
(@usershift)

Posted : 11/12/2004 4:50 pm

Can you list the product brands you are using for this regimen.

thanx

MemberMember
(@tiffany3)

Posted : 11/12/2004 5:10 pm

my aesthetician is just AWESOME!!! I had gone in for my second Silk Peel and we were talking abt various skin care mistakes for acne-prone skin... she told me that all u need for those red marks to go away is follow these simple rules.

1) cleanse with a mild cleanser for sensitive skin.

she says the concept of oily skin and using oily skin products for acne is wrong! oily skin products are best tolerated by ppl who have oily skin but free from breakouts. anyone who is doing ANY treatment for acne will have sensitive skin. so hypoallergenic and sensitive skin products are the best bet for them! this is because oily skin strips of all the oils on skin..so the skin counter-reacts by producing more oil and hence more acne. those with breakout free oily skin...mm...the lucky few..r the only ones to tolerate this..P.Acne bacterium..why do u hate some ppl and leave the others alone??? WHY??? eusa_boohoo.gif

2) avoid all scrubs..no matter how mild they claim to be. but how do we exfoliate, do u ask??? oh thats easy...and DIRT CHEAP too!!! 2 WORDS- BAKING SODA!

she says that she has not come across any acne-prone patients who has benefitted from scrubs. it may work for a while in some...lead to initial happiness..yeah, and then lead to final gloom when breakouts appear from everywhere...even the areas where it was break-out free in the beginning! SO NO SCRUBS PPL eusa_naughty.gif .use baking soda instead... just make a paste out of baking soda and water...and massage very gently. wash immediately. u have to do this after cleansing. u may be able to extract some ripe or loose blackheads afterward. hey and never try to squeeze a blackhead if its not ready to come out...u will regret it!

3) now that baking soda is basic in nature..something acidic is needed to balance the ph. ANSWER? APPLE CIDER VINEGAR!

use a 1:8 (vinegar:water) solution first and then gradually increase to 1:1 ..never apply it neat. BALANCED pH = BEAUTIFUL SKIN! wash off after 10 mins. dont leave it on. 

4) apply ur acne cream..i use the Proactiv BP lotion. i use the amt Dan suggests for beginners...

4) Moisturise with SPF containing moisturiser. I use Cetaphil and it does not break me out.

5) And for those who apply make-up, use non-acnegenic products containing titanium  dioxide or zinc oxide. they r good for the skin too!

6) In the evening, cleanse ur face..( use baking soda only once a day..morning or evening as ur preference) ..apply a mild mask everyday if possible...my aesthetician's favourite mask is (btw..she has absolutely gorgeous baby-smooth skin and she told me that she had acne in her teens! hard to believe..!)

1 tablespoon of egg-white whipped up + a squeeze of lemon (dont put too much). smooth it over ur face..avoid eye area... wash off in 10 minutes....and look at a NEW REJUVENATED YOU!! eusa_dance.gif

i tried this mask every day for 5 days....its AMAZING...my skin looks so refreshed! And bonus point is that done everyday...this will make the red-spots VANISH!!!

I am not kidding...there is a HUGE difference in my red-spots after just 5 days of this routine. I am going to stick to this routine. U guys ABSOLUTELY MUST TRY THIS.....

i will be glad to answer any questions regarding this....

TAKE CARE ALL OF YOU!!

MemberMember
(@chitown77)

Posted : 11/12/2004 5:52 pm

Sasha

To save my self a lot of re-typing, check out my thread in the Personal Regimen Log section of this website, called Dave's B5 Treatment (or something like that). I have been document my B5 progress daily.