Benzoyl Peroxide Co...

Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide Coming Off

MemberMember
(@roboricky)

Posted : 07/15/2015 5:19 pm

After applying benzoyl peroxide and moisturizer today, I realized I put on too much moisturizer and jojoba oil and my face was very oily, almost wet. I had to use a paper towel to absorb the oil. Would this have taken the benzoyl peroxide off? Do I have to apply it again, or does it not matter because the BP had already absorbed? Furthermore, I also apply oil and Vaseline to my face at night, but it comes off during my sleep because I roll over on my face. Will this affect the BP's effectiveness? What if it rains outside and I get drenched?

Just curious because Dan says not to wash benzoyl peroxide off, but some moderators have said that it doesn't matter because any BP left on the skin isn't doing anything because it has to absorb. But then what would be the point of not washing? Just curious.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@christi112233)

Posted : 07/15/2015 5:40 pm

I started putting a towel over my pillow when I sleep to keep the pillowcase from bleaching and getting dirty. Especially when you start out and are putting A LOT of moisturizer on your face, it's normal for product to come off. Don't worry so much that the BP is coming off, and just focus on keeping the the application schedule.