Acne. Org Regimen W...

Notifications
Clear all

Acne. Org Regimen Week 3 Struggle

MemberMember
(@brownbag25)

Posted : 07/14/2015 8:48 am

Hello Ive been following the regimen after hitting rock bottom with my social depression. At first it seemed to be working even if my skin was flaking away each time i moved my mouth, but it looked like it was clearing up my acne. (ive attached pictures in order from week one to week three) The flaking became SOO unbearable (even tho i started off small dose of bp and gradually worked my way up) that i read threw these forms for HOURS and a few people said to add a SMALL amount of AHA to reduce the flaking (so i did in week 2) early i know, but it seemed to work, it made my skin feel so nice and seemed to help with the acne too. Untill now, im having such a bad breakout as you can view in the photos and i dont know why! its week three im suposed tobe clearing up. latley ive been using my two pumps of cleanser to get off my makeup. its a non negotable that i wear make up for work, but like to take it offtheseccond i get home. I wait about 5 min then have beenrecently adding a spot treatment of aha before my bp, my spots take up my whole face now a days so its more like a thin layer. I wait for it to dry then add about a pump and a half of bp and lightly work it in forabout 3 min and wait about 15 for it to soak in. I then go in with my moisturiser (off and on adding a drop of aha to it).

I take zinc,

vit.d,

vit a,

vit b12

estrosmart plus

vit. e

I also drink two table spoons of apple cidervinigar a day and a skin helping tea.

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE. its really effecting my life, and its only getting worse, nothing seems to help and trust me when i say ive triedeverything, ive even in the past tried urine therapy (gross i know) but thats how desperate i am, It didnt clear up my skin but i smelled like pee for a few days.

please sudjestions

post-479127-0-17661300-1436881174.jpg

post-479127-0-52633400-1436881179.jpg

post-479127-0-05684400-1436881184.jpg

post-479127-0-85866200-1436881186.jpg

post-479127-0-51836900-1436881189.jpg

post-479127-0-73594200-1436881193.jpg

post-479127-0-99779500-1436881195.jpg

post-479127-0-91218400-1436881198.jpg

post-479127-0-84516900-1436881203.jpg

post-479127-0-38344400-1436881208.jpg

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/14/2015 12:06 pm

Week 3 is still very early in treatment so take heart that there is lots of time for improvement. My acne was less than yours in intensity and it took me four months to clear up. If your face is not too irritated, give it a 3-4 month timeframe. In regards to the emotional side of things, the only advice I can offer is to tell yourself you're beautiful as often as you can, avoid mirrors and if makeup makes you feel better, wear it.

Definitely sending good vibes your way

MemberMember
(@brownbag25)

Posted : 07/14/2015 12:38 pm

Thank you very much for your replies and good vibes! Its such an emotional ride for me that people acting kindly towards me and my situation makes me smile. Ugh, 3 months seems almost unberable to withstand this but if its what i have to do its what i have to do.

Is it normal to be still getting many cysts at week three? I dont see the acne slowing down and im getting many more cysts then usual which is no fun for anyone! Appreciate any and all advice!

MemberMember
(@brownbag25)

Posted : 07/14/2015 1:12 pm

This is with makeup... Not much better. Seriously praying for clear skin. Currently in bathroom at work because someone pointed out I have some "blemishes" and offered her advice to wash my face..... As if it's cause by filth... Emotions at a ten. Gotta pull it together and face the day. Nice to have somewhere to even vent to.post-479127-0-49948200-1436897614_thumb.

MemberMember
(@brownbag25)

Posted : 07/14/2015 2:43 pm

Anyone else in a similar situation?

MemberMember
(@bellejournee)

Posted : 07/14/2015 4:58 pm

I'm so sorry you're struggling. I completely understand the social depression side of things. I would definitely, DEFINITELY say to keep up with it and try to follow Dan's instructions very closely. I'm in my seventh week and still breaking out, but breakout out in a much lesser way -- less pimples overall, and they clear up faster. I, too, am ready to just be done with the constant breakouts, but I'm taking heart from the improvements that I have noticed, and I'm just gonna keep on going, because I've already committed a solid amount of time, seen some changed, and I bet some people just take longer to get past the breakouts. I just posted a question about it, because I'd love to get an idea of the average amount of time it took people to stop breaking out.

And ignore the ignorant folk who make comments about your skin. You know better than they do. You know you're working on it and it's not your fault. You're beautiful, and lovely, and you will get through this! You're on the right track!

MemberMember
(@brownbag25)

Posted : 07/14/2015 9:50 pm

I'm so sorry you're struggling. I completely understand the social depression side of things. I would definitely, DEFINITELY say to keep up with it and try to follow Dan's instructions very closely. I'm in my seventh week and still breaking out, but breakout out in a much lesser way -- less pimples overall, and they clear up faster. I, too, am ready to just be done with the constant breakouts, but I'm taking heart from the improvements that I have noticed, and I'm just gonna keep on going, because I've already committed a solid amount of time, seen some changed, and I bet some people just take longer to get past the breakouts. I just posted a question about it, because I'd love to get an idea of the average amount of time it took people to stop breaking out.

And ignore the ignorant folk who make comments about your skin. You know better than they do. You know you're working on it and it's not your fault. You're beautiful, and lovely, and you will get through this! You're on the right track!

First of all, thank you for your lovley words of ecourangement!

Eekk by week 7 i was hoping to see no more breakouts! But I do think ill stick to it because people seem to have such amazing stories about their skin afterwards! Such an emotional toll cant wait to see some results.

MemberMember
(@swimgal)

Posted : 07/20/2015 4:07 pm

You're not the only one struggling!! The first two weeks of the regimen skin was like a dream some so clear then Week 3 I developed a huge cyst on my cheek which Ive NEVER bad before in my life, I just came back from the dermatologist who microsanded it thank God, I alao started using the aha moisturizer this week twice a day and maybe I used too much cuz it dient really say how much to use so I put a generous amount all over then cut it back.. When I started seeing the little bumps come back...at first with the regimen my little bumps were practically gone and the blackheads were disappearing then all of a sudden this week a couple days ago it got got worse...WTH so I'm going off the aha for now bc idk if it was the cause or just the processes itself but I'm feeling your frustration....my derm gave me some epiduo to try but I'm not going to mix it with the regimen...It's like when I thought it was going somewhere good it's done a 360 and looks like I'm back to square one

MemberMember
(@swimgal)

Posted : 07/21/2015 10:59 pm

You're not the only one struggling!! The first two weeks of the regimen skin was like a dream some so clear then Week 3 I developed a huge cyst on my cheek which Ive NEVER bad before in my life, I just came back from the dermatologist who microsanded it thank God, I alao started using the aha moisturizer this week twice a day and maybe I used too much cuz it dient really say how much to use so I put a generous amount all over then cut it back.. When I started seeing the little bumps come back...at first with the regimen my little bumps were practically gone and the blackheads were disappearing then all of a sudden this week a couple days ago it got got worse...WTH so I'm going off the aha for now bc idk if it was the cause or just the processes itself but I'm feeling your frustration....my derm gave me some epiduo to try but I'm not going to mix it with the regimen...It's like when I thought it was going somewhere good it's done a 360 and looks like I'm back to square one

UPDATE:

Skin has VASTLY improved with removing the aha+ out of the regimen, I will try adding it again once I'm completely clear. I recommend you try ditching it for now as well. Hope your situation improves!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/22/2015 6:25 pm

Hey hun, as hard as it may be, stick with it. It is not unusual for your situation to worsen as it seemed that you started out with a lot of under skin action. Everything has to come out so sooner rather than later. Give it 3-4 months.

MemberMember
(@brownbag25)

Posted : 07/24/2015 3:01 pm

Ugh i know my skin is still having a really hard time and i am coming to an end of my 4th week. (Started using June 29th, 2015) and its now July 24, 2015. I find that if i dont use the aha my skin is SO dry no matter how many pumps of lotion or jojoba oil i use. The aha has really taken down the "flakeyness" of it for me which i love. But like you said im still having really bad breakouts, about 4 new cysts a day maybe more and about 4 small white heads every morning when i wake up (which i pop right away). Poping is such a huge problem for me because i just want my face to look smooth under my makeup. a finda fake it till you make it strategy which isnt working so well for me lol. I am confident that this is merely the "purging" stage as i suppose i had alot of under the skin irritation before i started and like the previous commenter stated, its got to get out sooner or later and the sooner it gets out the sooner i get clear. I just hope its all PURGING and nothing new forming. im really hoping my days of clear skin are soon ahead. I dont know if i can wait another month!

MemberMember
(@swimgal)

Posted : 07/24/2015 3:57 pm

Ugh i know my skin is still having a really hard time and i am coming to an end of my 4th week. (Started using June 29th, 2015) and its now July 24, 2015. I find that if i dont use the aha my skin is SO dry no matter how many pumps of lotion or jojoba oil i use. The aha has really taken down the "flakeyness" of it for me which i love. But like you said im still having really bad breakouts, about 4 new cysts a day maybe more and about 4 small white heads every morning when i wake up (which i pop right away). Poping is such a huge problem for me because i just want my face to look smooth under my makeup. a finda fake it till you make it strategy which isnt working so well for me lol. I am confident that this is merely the "purging" stage as i suppose i had alot of under the skin irritation before i started and like the previous commenter stated, its got to get out sooner or later and the sooner it gets out the sooner i get clear. I just hope its all PURGING and nothing new forming. im really hoping my days of clear skin are soon ahead. I dont know if i can wait another month!

Oh wow, I hope it's just purging too that sounds so rough, I really hope it improves soon, I started the regimen July 2nd so I'm not too far behind. Have you ever tried sea buckthorn seed oil?? I use it instead of jojoba because I've read jojoba can sometimes cause people to break out, but this oil is AMAZING, Ive been using it the whole time and even before the regimen and it vastly improved my skin. It can also calm and rid of larger pimples especially the ones you can't pop , it's my go to oil that will never cause a breakout and you can use as much of it as you want without worry. A little goes a LONG way! I only use 2-4 drops and it covers my whole face nicely, if I get the dry spots at all I put the oil on and it immediately goes away.

I hope you keep up with the regimen because even though it may be getting really bad you don't want to have wasted your whole month when clear skin is right around the corner. If you look at it this way you've come too far to give up!!

The sea buckthorn is amazing if I use it I don't need the aha+ at all, and I'm a swimmer so the chlorine does 2x the drying out on top If the bp but as long as I use the buckthorn seed oil it won't dry out and will fix what's dry.

What kind of moisturizer are you using? I heard the regimen moisturizer can cause people to breakout so I never bought it, instead I use Glycolix elite face cream which is very neutral and amazing for all skin types won't cause breakouts or negative effects. I get it from my dermatologist but you can order it online.

My other thoughts are perhaps you have to be more gentle in the application and washing process and try not to rub. But if there's anyway you can get off the aha+ I would try because my skin looks drastically better since I took it out, and instead try the sea buckthorn because its amazing and will help shrink your large pimples while being ultrahydrating , giving you a glow and reducing redmarks all at the same time. Its an all around solution that would probably be a lot better than the jojoba and the aha combined!!

Best of luck!!