Notifications
Clear all

Makeup While On The Regime (Concealer)

MemberMember
(@linpasta)

Posted : 07/13/2015 5:30 am

Hi all,

Background (You may want to skip this and move to Main)

I have been on the regime since May 2015, it has really cleared up the acne that I had.

I have been getting inflamed acne with nasty in it all over my face (from Oct 2014- May 2015), except for my forehead. I don't know what caused them but I'm guessing it could be stress induced acne. I remember having 3-4 pimples at a time sometimes 7.

During this period I did not wear any makeup, i used to wear light makeup 5 days a week and never had major problem with my skin. Now I'm thinking of wearing makeup again to cover up the blemishes and leftover scars but I am still quite skeptical about it and afraid that I might cause another breakout. I must also state that I have seen a dermatologist and taken this antibiotics (tetracycline) since May 2015 too, I'm slowly working my way to consuming 1 pills a week so my body can adjust itself back accordingly. Right now I'm taking it every 3rd day.

Also, I make sure I drink 2 litres of water everyday (as altered to my body size) and eat as healthy as possible. I am also on a dairy-free diet.

Main

I have attached the photo of the concealer that I would like to use and would like to receive some comments on it. What do you think of the ingredients? Is it safe? I have been using this concealer for years and it has never given me major problem but as mentioned its always better to be safe than sorry.

As it only claimed that it is dermatologist-tested I have contacted its manufacturer and they told me it is also non-comedogenic and oil-free too but I can't be too sure :(

I also read from websites that any products can be labelled as "non-comedogenic" as there isn't a specific test for it to undergo.

Please help!

Besides, anyone uses jojoba oil to remove makeup? How did it work for you??

Thank you

A4rxLId.jpg

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/13/2015 8:45 am

A product can be labelled non comodogenic and still cause YOU to break out. The only thing you can do is to try it out. It's best not to wear any makeup when trying a new regimen just to not skewer the results.